Remove voting on main page/list view

cleverpun

I think the presence of the vote buttons on the main page and list views in the voting section encourages people to vote without examining a suggestion.

We should remove those buttons; that way people have to actually click on a suggestion to vote on it.

Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will present a minor inconvenience when downvoting suggestions that are clearly bad from the preview, but I could see this being an overall improvement.

This still won't stop the people who don't read anything and vote.

It would atleast reduce the amount that blindly vote to some extent.

Posted · Hidden by Chief D, May 2, 2013 - Spam.
Hidden by Chief D, May 2, 2013 - Spam.

It also won't stop sharks like you.

it wont stop me, thats for sure

When you're on the vote section, you still don't have to click on a suggestion.

I was including that in my suggestion. Edited to make things clearer

A. Don't put the Suggested prices on the main Page. Just the Newly Accepted Values.

B. Make people open the suggestion thread to actually read.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You have to open a suggestion to vote for it.

This will decrease the numbers of "stupid votes" for sure. Or at least I hope so.

I like this idea. Will cause a lot less impulse votes. I admit impulse voting as well from time to time and this would deff stop it xD

You have to open a suggestion to vote for it.

This will decrease the numbers of "stupid votes" for sure. Or at least I hope so.

Damnit....now i can't go to all the Blue stars and upvote everything...

y u do dis

y u do dis

It's just a suggestion by me, not sure if brad even read it yet. ^_^

y u do dis

what he said ^

But yeah, there should also be a time limit you have to stay on the page so people will actually READ the proof, not just open the page and then vote within a second or two.

what he said ^

But yeah, there should also be a time limit you have to stay on the page so people will actually READ the proof, not just open the page and then vote within a second or two.

And a "I have read the proof and I'm accepting it" thing when voting it up? It shouldn't be too complicated.

And a "I have read the proof and I'm accepting it" thing when voting it up? It shouldn't be too complicated.

Well there should at least be a time-limit on currency suggestions. Thus forcing people to actually look through the comments and see if there is an abundance of proof/counter-proof.

Well there should at least be a time-limit on currency suggestions. Thus forcing people to actually look through the comments and see if there is an abundance of proof/counter-proof.

Or just leave the page up for a minute. I know brad this far that he wouldn't implement that. xD

Or just leave the page up for a minute. I know brad this far that he wouldn't implement that. xD

Of course there are plenty of walk-arounds (*cough* disabling text-based idling *cough*), but it would make some people actually think and look at all the proof. (Yea, i used the "T" word again)

Of course there are plenty of walk-arounds (*cough* disabling text-based idling *cough*), but it would make some people actually think and look at all the proof. (Yea, i used the "T" word again)

People don't think. They are mindless machines driven by greed and other primitive instincts.

Archived