bring back direct search of classifieds pls :(

naknak

Before today, comparing prices could be done with a search word, so that checking, say, a procedure mask, involved:

Ctrl-L bp phy Enter

8 keystrokes, no mouse.  Now:

1. click classifieds bookmark
  2. click Filters, wait for ajax fetch
  3. click Item
  4. type "phy"
  5. down arrow, enter
  6. click Search

7 keystrokes, 4 clicks all over the screen, and an interstatial pause. 

This is so much slower! Please bring back fast searching!

EDIT: all my bookmarks, even the ones that use defindex, broke too. IT IS SAD DAY

Your old bookmarks should work now on. ( if they're of the /classifieds/search/{defindex}/{quality}/{priceindex} kind ) -- i just made it redirect to the new format. I'll see about a quick search thingy, maybe add that as an option to the quick search bar at the top.

Also, have you thought of just using the quick search bar, clicking the price of the item you're interested in -- you will see the first few classifieds automatically along with a bunch of information that could be valuable to you if you're doing research (latest suggestions, etc) --- and you'll have a 'search backpack.tf' button to pull all of them up if you need to see more.

That is quicker than a new search, though still slower than an old search.  I did greasemonkey instead, to compose a search of X from a /search/X url.  It's imperfect because it only finds one item (phy would show just Foppish Physicians, and seeing masks requires like ^phy or a more unique search term), so it would still be great to see the older kind of search reinstated.  But it's almost as good, so I care about this suggestion less now.

And thanks for making numbered searches work again.

And thanks for making numbered searches work again.

Though they are all sorted by something other than price.  And therefore unusable :/

To me, "sort by price" was the whole point of bp.tf classifieds. Were people really clamoring for other sort options?

When you visit the classifieds, it sorts by latest date but if you do a search it will sort by price -- so I fixed the issue, it should sort by price on those searches now -- thanks for bringing up these issues :)

Archived