So I just got a perm Ban on OP

Milz187

I've been getting a lot of messages and adds recently about my previous situation with Outpost and now Sneeza himself has Perbanned me.

So I was perm banned, Helen said it wasn't part of protocol that I received a perm ban and removed the ban, Sneeza hasn't received any new information from what Helen had but decided to ban me for this comments that Helen would have seen.

"This ban is permanent due to the nature of this trade, taking your experience into account and comments found in the report: "#2..I..was..banned..last..week..from..OP..for..what..they..considersed..spam..i'm..not..going..to..or..think..its..fair..to..expect..me..to..base..my..trades..around..their..bans"

You clearly neglect our authority and did not attempt to properly verify that you were trading with a scammer for high-value items. As such, you won't be allowed to participate in trading here.
"

I'm not going to bother appealing it, because if Sneeze perm banned me what's the chances I'm going to win any sort of appeal.

So Helen seen the same comments and didn't see an issue with it. But I'm guessing the thread that got locked yesterday had something to do with this ban. I wasn't able to reply to this comment but I'll do it here.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29432-was-a-ban-justified/page-3

As noted in the steamrep thread I had attempted to check the steamrep status of the user but I wasn't able to load it. [..] With steamrep not working for me and there being no way for me to check at the time I decided to go ahead with the trade, I understand that I could have waited for it to load back up but it really wasn't something I thought I had to do, with the nature of this community any excess waiting could lead to a change of mind / other party getting another offer.. with that in mind I went ahead with it.

sirploko

This is ridiculous at best. Earl has been tagged for 573 days. He was on your friends list from Dec 2nd to Jan 15th (the day you filed the appeal and removed him and the other 13(!) marked scammers you had as friends) and you are trying to tell me that during these 44 days, SR was down EXACTLY the second you wanted to trade with him and waiting another few hours to see if it will be up later was not an option? Or checking his OP profile, bp.tf profile or rep.tf was not an option.

You are so full of it, I don't even know what to say.

If it wasn't for Helens decision to give you the benefit of the doubt one last time, you would be permabanned. She has bent herself backwards to find some kind of redeeeming fact about that to justify a ban reduction and if you ask me, this trust is thoroughly misplaced. You will be permabanned for trading with another scammer in a year at most, I'm willing to take this bet. Having 14 marked scammers on your friends list does not inspire confidence in your decision making.

------------

Your making many I'll guided assumptions, I removed the 13 scammer friends because you were using it as ammo in your report, in which I said they are most old SOP users and I'm not active in cleaning people from my list. The state of my list isn't ban worthy. But that's all you had besides the trade and decided to push that. Do you have any evidence on my trading with any of these people? Is who I talk to decided by SteamRep now? Like i said most of them were old steamrep users I haven't spoken to in a long time... but neither of that should matter.

Like i said in the report I only know steamrep as a rep checking website, as per outpost rules there is no mention to check outpost or backpack.tf for bans just steamrep. I haven't never thought to check other websites for rep.

How the fuck am I so full of it? In what regards? What did I gain from this trade? I overpaid highly for that hat, you don't mention that though, If i had gotten a good deal which is the reasoning why people trade with listed users then you would have surely mentioned that.

The fact I called out the unethical and inconsistent dealing with outpost rulings is the reason why I am perm banned now. If I didn't comment in the last thread then nothing more would have happened.

All you have on me is this 14 marked scammers on my friends list, that is fucking petty to try and use that.

Like I said in the steamrep profile and the previous outpost appeal I am willing to show you a live feed of my trade history, you would see I am as legit as they come and I don't trade with scammers and this was a one off mistake (which should be obvious with the amount i paid for the hat)... but has anyone taken me up on the offer where they can be 100 percent sure and go beyond these assumptions. NO instead you guys have gone beyond your standard protocol and Perm banned when nothing has changed since Helen has looked at it.

TLDR

---------

Don't read.

Who are you?

Oh wait it's you, didn't recognize you under that forum name.

Second question: Why are you telling us? What can we do about it?

Who are you?

Oh wait it's you, didn't recognize you under that forum name.

Second question: Why are you telling us? What can we do about it?

Do you think you can speak on behalf of the community now?

But mostly nothing, but If I see unjust dealing going on I think as a member of a community I'm more than entitled to air those dealings. I didn't post this to get you to fix it.

But I'm sure if you were in my shoes you'll be having a massive hissy fit.

Do you think you can speak on behalf of the community now?

What? I was asking a question, not speaking on behalf of anyone.

But I'm sure if you were in my shoes you'll be having a massive hissy fit.

I'm well known for throwing hissy fits.

What's your damage? It's not my fault you're banned for trading with scammers.

You came here with your shit talk, take some back or gtfo.

SO if you haven't noticed it yet, the mere fact that you're not handling this maturely and professionally, and are instead posting on other communities addressing the situation, you basically put the nail in your own coffin. History has shown that. SteamRep and Outpost don't operate like a democracy, if they don't like what you did here you're basically stuck in the position you're in until the end of time. Which shows this is just a huge waste of time.

I have you blocked on Outpost for a reason but I feel for you in a sense, if you don't like it, you're gonna have to do MAJOR strides to save your trading career.

Enjoy your ban.

You came here with your shit talk, take some back or gtfo.

Well then. Don't try making us feel sympathy for your stupidity when you yourself are insulting other users.

SO if you haven't noticed it yet, the mere fact that you're not handling this maturely and professionally, and are instead posting on other communities addressing the situation, you basically put the nail in your own coffin. History has shown that. SteamRep and Outpost don't operate like a democracy, if they don't like what you did here you're basically stuck in the position you're in until the end of time. Which shows this is just a huge waste of time.

I have you blocked on Outpost for a reason but I feel for you in a sense, if you don't like it, you're gonna have to do MAJOR strides to save your trading career.

Enjoy your ban.

Mate I was civil, how can I address it on their community? I've tried to add admins to discuss it but they don't accept / reply to posts on their walls. So i either have 2 options, keep my mouth shut, which won't help me. Or post something, somewhere.

Well then. Don't try making us feel sympathy for your stupidity when you yourself are insulting other users.

I'm not trying to make you feel sympathy, I'm just pointing out facts. Bob came here, shit talking. If I shit talk I'm going to expect some back... it's pretty simple, if you think my comment hurt his feelings, get a tissue and whipe his eye.

I'm not trying to make you feel sympathy, I'm just pointing out facts. Bob came here, shit talking. If I shit talk I'm going to expect some back... it's pretty simple, if you think my comment hurt his feelings, get a tissue and whipe his eye.

*wipe

He was just saying "We can't help you, we're just forumers on a crappy forum", not "o im rich bitch now shut the fuck up"

Mate I was civil, how can I address it on their community? I've tried to add admins to discuss it but they don't accept / reply to posts on their walls. So i either have 2 options, keep my mouth shut, which won't help me. Or post something, somewhere.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the grind. I'd just get rid of this thread and apologize for the commotion. Just be patient and wait it out for those admins to get back from you. You're "big-time" so i'm confident they didn't just forget about you or something. I'm sure they're getting to the bottom of whatever their process of doing things is before updating you. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row.

But on the bottom of it all, I would have done the same thing you did initially, which is be honest and mature. Get rid of this and keep what you're doing and hopefully they'll be down to cooperate with you.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the grind. I'd just get rid of this thread and apologize for the commotion. Just be patient and wait it out for those admins to get back from you. You're "big-time" so i'm confident they didn't just forget about you or something. I'm sure they're getting to the bottom of whatever their process of doing things is before updating you. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row.

But on the bottom of it all, I would have done the same thing you did initially, which is be honest and mature. Get rid of this and keep what you're doing and hopefully they'll be down to cooperate with you.

Thanks for your concern but I have been very open, I welcomed them to view the one thing that could show them that I am very clean. (trade history) It's a shitty community when it reaches a point where people are telling you don't highlight issues or air your concerns, it can only end badly for you. I'm more of the thinking the community should have the power of the community and not the three big groups. If you go through my previous threads you'll see I've aired these concerns previously.

It's a shitty community when it reaches a point where people are telling you don't highlight issues or air your concerns, it can only end badly for you. 

I personally think it's worse that we (as in members of the trading community) have imposed this on ourselves. And what is this?

That you can be banned everywhere for trading a user marked as a scammer for hats that haven't been scammed, among other things.

Steamrep, for example, has strayed from what I always thought it would work best as: a warning that certain users should not be trusted, not a system which blocks hats from ever getting back into the system without a tag to a user.

Of course, I'm banned from Outpost / Backpack.tf / Bazaar.tf for (accidental) trades with scammers & their alts, so people will just assume that's why I state this.

I personally think it's worse that we (as in members of the trading community) have imposed this on ourselves. And what is this?

That you can be banned everywhere for trading a user marked as a scammer for hats that haven't been scammed, among other things.

Steamrep, for example, has strayed from what I always thought it would work best as: a warning that certain users should not be trusted, not a system which blocks hats from ever getting back into the system without a tag to a user.

Of course, I'm banned from Outpost / Backpack.tf / Bazaar.tf for (accidental) trades with scammers & their alts, so people will just assume that's why I state this.

Repeated offenses I can understand, but to be treated like a scammer who intends to steal on a 1st trade. I primarily deal with high tiered items and have been doing so for a long time, I didn't get a good deal at all and paid x2 the bp.tf value amount if not more so it's not like i was trading with a marked user intending to profit. Over that it was reviewed by Helen who told me there's no way I should have been Perm Banned... she removed the ban, since then all that has been new was me posting on a thread about outpost issues and the day after I receive a perm ban again. Not for something new but for the case in which I was cleared by Helen. 

Being banned from OP is one thing, I'm now just worried that people that I trade with are going to get banned from OP or get the impression that they will get banned from Outpost if they trade with me.

If any OP admin decides to reply here can you please answer this question?

Will a user get OP banned if they trade with me? I went over your rules and it's not clear, so a response here will be great or on my profile.

Being banned from OP is one thing, I'm now just worried that people that I trade with are going to get banned from OP or get the impression that they will get banned from Outpost if they trade with me.

If any OP admin decides to reply here can you please answer this question?

Will a user get OP banned if they trade with me? I went over your rules and it's not clear, so a response here will be great or on my profile.

no, a user from OP won't get banned if they trade with you (as a person who's been banned on OP for a while, i know this from experience)

Archived