Really bad prices.

F  CHARLIE

There needs to be a community based method (a vote) for wiping some prices on unusuals. I was just checking the Metal Slug prices and all of the higher prices are atrocious. 7 buds on a time warp. I was qbing a green black hole one and realized I could only offer 1.5 to insure profit.

There needs to be a community based method for wiping some prices on unusuals. I was just checking the Metal Slug prices and all of the higher prices are atrocious. 7 buds on a time warp. I was qb a green black hole one and realized I could only offer 1.5 to insure profit.

you can make a price suggestion for it to update its price. someone has to make the suggestions, they don't magically get updated

Metal Slug prices are bad because Metal Slug is a bad hat.

They probably have a lot of trouble selling even with great effects, so they don't get updated.

I don't know why you think it's the fault of the community.

Probably not my place to say anything, but it wouldn't be possible to update prices (even magically) if there were no recently recorded sales. Im guessing Charlie is asking for an alternate voting system for prices that are simply outdated. Not sure how it would work but I'm guessing it would involve b/o and offers proof. 

I don't see the point in wiping the prices.

It's the trader's responsibility to know prices or estimate a price of a hat by it's effect, kind of hat, and it's demand. We're a guide. We just follow the market. 

If you're talking about people highballing their hats because of outdated prices then we cannot do anything about it. It's their property and they can price it for how much they want. The only thing we can do is persuade them that it is less than they would of thought.

I mini'd the duped GBH Metal Slug at 3.1-3.3 the other day, if it helps.

But yeah, there's only so many suggesters, and we're only human. We'll get there eventually, but you see that little red warning sign on the price?

That's basically as good as wiping the price, except on older hats it just means take a pinch of salt.

It's infinitely better than the system you're proposing, anyway.

@tomcruise

U don't want me making suggestions.

Metal Slug prices are bad because Metal Slug is a bad hat.

They probably have a lot of trouble selling.

I don't know why you think it's the fault of the community.

This is not true at all. Slug is one of many hats that go well with unique pyromancer and u don't notice it. I have gonzo slug and get offers close to what I want. I am not blaming the community, nor the mods at all. In fact there is no blame to be directed. Many of these hats were priced before certain rules were put in place and now suffer from the legacy of that situation. GBH slug was priced 2 yrs ago at 8. Robo-active slug was priced for the first time 3 months ago. It's 5 bud price is near reasonable but it has taken until 8 months ago for GBH slug to get to 5 which is still high. It is foolish to say that GBH is equal to Robo-active on average. There are rare situations where it could be but not in general. As traders we know its true. None of you would have qb that GBH slug for even 2 buds and yet that seller laughed at me when I rationally explained this to him.

We can say to our selves that some hats could have their prices wiped by a vote. Some prices were wrong from the beginging and the community changed the rules because of these prices.

This is not true at all. Slug is one of many hats that go well with unique pyromancer and u don't notice it. I have gonzo slug and get offers close to what I want. I am not blaming the community, nor the mods at all. In fact there is no blame to be directed. Many of these hats were priced before certain rules were put in place and now suffer from the legacy of that situation. GBH slug was priced 2 yrs ago at 8. Robo-active slug was priced for the first time 3 months ago. It's 5 bud price is near reasonable but it has taken until 8 months ago for GBH slug to get to 5 which is still high. It is foolish to say that GBH is equal to Robo-active on average. There are rare situations where it could be but not in general. As traders we know its true. None of you would have qb that GBH slug for even 2 buds and yet that seller laughed at me when I rationally explained this to him.

We can say to our selves that some hats could have their prices wiped by a vote. Some prices were wrong from the beginging and the community changed the rules because of these prices.

Unusual prices are meant to be a guideline - even if a price is horribly outdated, it's still a guideline as to what it has sold for in the past. If it hasn't be updated, it could be because there's been no valid sales to determine a value, or something along the lines of that, but what you must take away from this is that these prices are guidelines. 

You're not being told to price something for x amount, the values are just an indicator of how much something can sell for in pure, and if something hasn't been updated in a while, then again, it could be because it couldn't be updated. Things are marked as outdated for a reason. Those values are meant to be taken with a grain of salt, and at the end of the day, most of the time it's better than no value.

@Jacob meister

Guidelines should not guide a person into a horribly wrong direction. There are prices here that are total nonsense but people will use that as a guide because they don't know better. I am just suggesting it might be a good idea to allow the community to vote on wiping a single price.

Unusual prices are meant to be a guideline - even if a price is horribly outdated, it's still a guideline as to what it has sold for in the past. If it hasn't be updated, it could be because there's been no valid sales to determine a value, or something along the lines of that, but what you must take away from this is that these prices are guidelines.

A guideline which points you in the complete wrong direction isnt a very good guideline. Whilst we regulars claim backpack.tf is a guideline you cant deny the amount of users which either use it as a bible or try to take advantage of out outdated prices "quoting" backpack.tf price as support for their highballs.

Backpack.tf Is here to try give a general estimate of prices, giving people a guideline of what they should be buying/trading at, it kinda goes against it when we are actually helping others shark. Whilst you can argue that the buyer should have done his research, thats simply shifting the blame ignoring the fact that in the end backpack.tf is still helping the seller shark by knowingly leaving these horrible outdated prices.

I agree.

Same with retired 1o1 unusuals that never were on market.

I agree.

Same with retired 1o1 unusuals that never were on market.

Also by that I mean, remove all super old word based accepted suggestions.

Derpeh raises a good thought for everyone. Many owners of hats are not regular traders (which is a good thing, we traders are dickbags). The guideline is supposed to reflect market situations. Now I know the gbh slug should be below the (rarer in this case) Robo-active but others don't. The price sellers are asking for matches the bp.tf price so a buyer ends up getting screwed on the back end when they try to sell/trade with it later on. Btw, i think 3 is a fine retail price for it.

Derpeh raises a good thought for everyone. Many owners of hats are not regular traders (which is a good thing, we traders are dickbags). The guideline is supposed to reflect market situations. Now I know the gbh slug should be below the (rarer in this case) Robo-active but others don't. The price sellers are asking for matches the bp.tf price so a buyer ends up getting screwed on the back end when they try to sell/trade with it later on. Btw, i think 3 is a fine retail price for it.

If people take an outdated price as what the value of an unusual actually is, they deserve to get ripped. That WARNING sign appears for a reason.

Hell, maybe that will stop them treating backpack.tf like a bible in future.

It's not bloody difficult.

@Gent

that's not relevant to what I am saying.

It's COMPLETELY relevant. We're not wiping prices as soon as they go outdated, because they still serve as a guideline, and the WARNING sign is there for a reason. Sensible people are able to deduce from this that they need to take the price with a grain of salt, and who cares what non-sensible people do, they're just as likely to put crayons in their ears.

I'm not responding directly to what you're saying, because what you're saying is insane.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned prices that are clearly completely inaccurate, like those of items that turn into miscs (Pyromancer's Mask, Pencil Pusher, Antlers, etc.). If there are any prices that should ever be wiped it's those, they basically become a new item when they become miscs.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned prices that are clearly completely inaccurate, like those of items that turn into miscs (Pyromancer's Mask, Pencil Pusher, Antlers, etc.). If there are any prices that should ever be wiped it's those, they basically become a new item when they become miscs.

This is the only case in which I MIGHT support this suggestion, but even then, during the updating on the Pencil Pusher there was a point where flies (updated) was equal to Antifreeze (outdated) and I don't think we need to cater to the intelligence level of people who couldn't work out what was going on there.

Archived