Backpack.tf Corruption

Spellcheck

Ok, I believe backpack.tf is the corruption of the economy of TF2.

1. You will argue that it is TF2 Outposts fault.

2. You are wrong.

Alright here is my view on it backpack.tf lists a price. So, that price listed is what tf2outpost is going at.

The price listed for example, buds, they were 22-23 allowing buds to be bought at 21 and resold at 22 very easily.

Where did the 23 come in hand? Well the 23 kept the market value steady. at 23 buds for sale on outpost.

Well, when they took it to 22 what happened? People said... hmm, so the high price is 22, I want to make 2 keys. So they buy at 20, then they TRY to sale at 21.

What just happened? The key value went down.

Most people on outpost were offering 21 keys for buds, but now, sense the price dropped, they are offering 22.

People will not pay full price. Therefore, you can not sell at full price. So what I was doing was buying for 21, selling for 22. Well, now I can get lucky and

buy at 21, but cannot sell at 22. This is due to backpack.tf lowering the price.

Now, argument that it is tf2outposts fault, buds were staying steady for a while. Ok, so I understand that they might have got lower here in there, but it was steady.

Then backpack.tf lowered it with PROOF from tf2oupost. Well this proof, I reviewed, was accurate. This is because the people were buying for 21 selling for 22, well they were because they seen hey, the max is 23, so It should be easy to sale for 22.

The community should be the voters, the ones that make the final decision, not the mods/admins.

My fast learner price was closed with a 65% upvote because the mod did not like it.

EDIT : I rethought everything I have said so far, and I am positive on what I say. The prices ARE FLUCTUATING due to backpack.tf believe it or not :)

Thanks everyone :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn...nothing new here. 

Haha, first post, didn't really search around to see if there were anymore. I just want something to be done! :)

Its a rough price guide, not a spreadsheet.

Oh, I completely understand! Just not the market. They do not understand. This is their TF2 bible. So, if the community could vote, and not be closed by the admins. It would be much better.

1. You will argue that it is TF2 Outposts fault.

nope.  I don't even see a problem.

The community should be the voters, the ones that make the final decision, not the mods/admins.

the community does decide the prices.  with their wallets, not their votes.  keys will not be worth 2.33 ref just because everyone wants them to be.

Are mods easy to talk too?

I had a quick question for the mod, and this is how it turned out - http://gyazo.com/9390d8d321d40b1fdc666b1665607e35

Very rough and not easy to talk too. Thanks everyone :)

given that you started the conversation by insulting a website he works for, he probably just thought you were a whiny brat.  Can't say I disagree.

:)

edit: your suggestion was closed because it was awful.  65% 61% is actually a pretty bad percentage considering how people vote.  you had no proof of your low end.

words

I believe you are wrong. Backpack.tf doesn't just take proof from Outpost, but from other sites including TF2TP, bazaar.tf, and other sites that we can get a range in. Quickbuyers are not valid proof as A Distinctive Lack of Vincent said because there will always be people offering lower so they can sell for higher, like you yourself have proven by saying you buy for 21 and sell for 22. It's a pricing guide, not a spreadsheet. People just like to follow this guide since it's the most accurate guide that isn't corrupted by the admins/mods unlike spreadsheet. Also on your suggestion, you said it had a 65% upvote yes? That means 35% also disagreed with you. Some people vote out of pure greed, for example on the key suggestions, since they either want their items to go up or other's to go down. It's basically a circle that can't be broken. 

nope.  I don't even see a problem.

the community does decide the prices.  with their wallets, not their votes.  keys will not be worth 2.33 ref just because everyone wants them to be.

given that you started the conversation by insulting a website he works for, he probably just thought you were a whiny brat.  Can;t say I disagree.

:)

I tried to be mature about it, and not rude, I understand what you mean though. The community should decide, and not the admins in my opinion. If the community decides, then it could be a change. But I do understand where you are coming from! :)

People used to have to rely on experience when pricing items. The TF2 spreadsheet was/is much more corrupt and was at least partially responsible for the BMOC rise last year. Some still follow it like a bible, with all the prices set by one user.

I take credit for bringing buds down to 22 keys :D didn't read anything else. There was a ton of sellers at 22 keys, and no one showed sales at 23 keys happening. buds are falling because people want keys to buy games and such

I believe you are wrong. Backpack.tf doesn't just take proof from Outpost, but from other sites including TF2TP, bazaar.tf, and other sites that we can get a range in. Quickbuyers are not valid proof as A Distinctive Lack of Vincent said because there will always be people offering lower so they can sell for higher, like you yourself have proven by saying you buy for 21 and sell for 22. It's a pricing guide, not a spreadsheet. People just like to follow this guide since it's the most accurate guide that isn't corrupted by the admins/mods unlike spreadsheet. Also on your suggestion, you said it had a 65% upvote yes? That means 35% also disagreed with you. Some people vote out of pure greed, for example on the key suggestions, since they either want their items to go up or other's to go down. It's basically a circle that can't be broken. 

I also understand this, just you do have to realize the moderators/admins shouldn't act so soon. If the upvote is great then let it be! Now I do understand if the price was ridiculous it should be closed. But, most of the time, it is an accurate price, but the admins do not let it slide.

People used to have to rely on experience when pricing items. The TF2 spreadsheet was/is much more corrupt and was at least partially responsible for the BMOC rise last year. Some still follow it like a bible, with all the prices set by one user.

I understand, I wish all the sites weren't even there, but nothing I can do about it.

I take credit for bringing buds down to 22 keys :D didn't read anything else. There was a ton of sellers at 22 keys, and no one showed sales at 23 keys happening. buds are falling because people want keys to buy games and such

Well, now that they are 22, they will now be for 21 in the market, and the price will continue to fall. I guess everyone's mind is not catching on to this. If the 22-23 buds was there, the 23 doesn't really matter to be there, but it does help. A bit hard to explain.

I tried to be mature about it, and not rude, I understand what you mean though. The community should decide, and not the admins in my opinion. If the community decides, then it could be a change. But I do understand where you are coming from! :)

reading through the whole conversation, you did a horrific job of being mature.  and I don't see how Vincent was rude at all.  you just interpreted it as you wanted to interpret it.

as for the community deciding the prices: an items worth is based on what people buy and sell at, not what people want them to be worth.  it's seriously a simple concept.

I understand that you are upset about your suggestion being closed, but you need to grow up and accept fault.  You had no sellers even close to your low end, just unsuccessful buyers.  Just because you didn't get what you want doesn't mean the site is corrupt.

:) :)

I understand, I wish all the sites weren't even there, but nothing I can do about it.

Well, now that they are 22, they will now be for 21 in the market, and the price will continue to fall. I guess everyone's mind is not catching on to this. If the 22-23 buds was there, the 23 doesn't really matter to be there, but it does help. A bit hard to explain.

buds fall and rise if you haven't noticed. once the summer sales are done, people will go back to rebuying unusuals and such with their buds, and there won't be as many on the market. sure there will be a quicksell at 21 every now and then, but the amount of quicksells at 21 are equal to the amount of sales at 23. Quickbuyers at 21 are buying to sell later for profit. Thats what quickbuyers do. 

Are mods easy to talk too?

I had a quick question for the mod, and this is how it turned out - http://gyazo.com/939...c666b1665607e35

Very rough and not easy to talk too. Thanks everyone :)

Vincent handled that amazingly well, I see no signs that he was at all difficult to converse with. Its not like you at all put any effort into being nice since all you did was act butthurt and criticize his decision by calling his work for backpack.tf and the site itself corrupt. You seriously need to reevaluate your interactions with people, especially when you're attempting to find an answer.

Vincent handled that amazingly well, I see no signs that he was at all difficult to converse with. Its not like you at all put any effort into being nice since all you did was act butthurt and criticize his decision by calling his work for backpack.tf and the site itself corrupt. You seriously need to reevaluate your interactions with people, especially when you're attempting to find an answer.

I didnt mean to approach so rudely.

you don't seem to understand how to determine what an item is worth.  you should give this a read, seeing as you skipped it the first time: http://backpack.tf/vote?showrules=1

the reason your suggestion got any support at all is because many of the voters don't bother to read it either.

The community is full of tardising nubs.

Your suggestion was bad, and I bet 80% of the people who voted didn't even bother to open your suggestion. And unsuccessful buyers =/= determine the market.

Buds changed because 23 was hard to sell at and the market is flooded at 22 keys.

Get a better understanding of the market.

It is autpost's fault because backpack.tf is just recording what autposter's buy/sell at.

If someone bought buds for 21 keys, that would be a quicksell. I don't see any sellers for 21 keys. 

In conclusion:

You're butthurt over your suggestion, and voters are dumb nubs.

here's half of your proof that the fast learner is worth 3 ref

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12825402

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12786006

notice how no one has sold them the item?  that means it isn't proof of anything.  think about it: if they were offering 2 refined, would the fast learner be worth 2 refined?

then you used a quickbuyer trade.  ie a trade where someone is willing to buy any and all items at a price lower than it is worth so that he can flip it for easy profit.  quickbuyer trades are a good indicator of what an item is not worth.

The community is full of tardising nubs.

Your suggestion was bad, and I bet 80% of the people who voted didn't even bother to open your suggestion. And unsuccessful buyers =/= determine the market.

Buds changed because 23 was hard to sell at and the market is flooded at 22 keys.

Get a better understanding of the market.

It is autpost's fault because backpack.tf is just recording what autposter's buy/sell at.

If someone bought buds for 21 keys, that would be a quicksell. I don't see any sellers for 21 keys. 

In conclusion:

You're butthurt over your suggestion, and voters are dumb nubs.

Not butt hurt one bit. But you do have to realize backpack.tf has hurt the market.

Oh, I completely understand! Just not the market. They do not understand. This is their TF2 bible. So, if the community could vote, and not be closed by the admins. It would be much better.

Then keys would be listed at 2.33 Ref, which would result in newer traders getting sharked like mad, like experienced traders will continue to sell at 5.66 Ref. 

Horrible idea.

Not butt hurt one bit. But you do have to realize backpack.tf has hurt the market.

Backpack.tf has hurt the unusual market, NOT the regular market.

Archived