Autobump for premium/$10+ donators

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

It'll probably make more people want to pay for premium (more profit for Brad), and I'm tired of refreshing my classified trades. Autobump every hour seems reasonable. 

$1 just like on outpost. or i have no reason to pay for donator basically 

no buying trades = no income from this trading site

my older suggestion is pretty much the opposite of this, so I'll link it here for consideration: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2456-put-older-classifieds-on-top/

tl;dr:  given how classifieds work, there shouldn't be a need for "bumping"

I like the idea of having the indication thing of whether a person is online or not, but when someone (me) has like 12+ different items to sell on average, refreshing each and every one of my item ads gets tedious. 

but when someone (me) has like 12+ different items to sell on average, refreshing each and every one of my item ads gets tedious. 

which is why I want to get rid of bumping.  or at least disincentivize it heavily.

which is why I want to get rid of bumping.  or at least disincentivize it heavily.

Except like Ruff said, many of the old ones are "invalid." And how would you refresh ads so they appear on the front page if bumping was disabled?

how would you refresh ads so they appear on the front page if bumping was disabled?

"The benefit of the classifieds is seeing the item sorted by price.  In order to see this sorted list, you have to search the classifieds for that item.  People do not always do this, as they may just see the item on the front page and add the seller from there.  That is one benefit of "bumping" (getting on the front page).  I do not believe it should also be rewarded by being put atop the list of sellers.  I think there should be a drawback, that you get on the frontpage, but get ranked below older trades at that price."

- from the link

People bother to bump classifieds?

if you're banned from outpost classifieds, bazaar, and trade servers are the only options. So yes I bump :D

Yea, getting something on the main page from bumping would be kinda useful, I find the recently listed classifieds on the front page helpful. I don't think people bother to buy really old listings either, they might assume the listing is already over now that's it's been there so long.

I like the idea of having the indication thing of whether a person is online or not, but when someone (me) has like 12+ different items to sell on average, refreshing each and every one of my item ads gets tedious.

Yes. Brad either needs to make bumping easier. or auto bump

Archived