" I Can't Breathe "

Fenrir

Well, Eric Garner's killer was not indicted.

I can't be the only one that when shit like this happens really just fills me with anger and hatred for the Grand Jury. 

So what'll it take for the Grand Jury to indict a murderous cop? Video evidence? No, because this case had that and for some reason, not even that shit flies.

Thoughts?

They didn't kill him in the choke hold, they had him on the ground and were trying to cuff him, and one of them was pressing his knees into garner's back, and garner was unable to take air in. How could the officers have known he was being serious when he said he couldn't breathe? If you can say "I cant breathe" then it'll be assumed you can breathe.

You can't blame the police for doing their job. I'd like to see you do it better.

They didn't kill him in the choke hold, they had him on the ground and were trying to cuff him, and one of them was pressing his knees into garner's back, and garner was unable to take air in. How could the officers have known he was being serious when he said he couldn't breathe? If you can say "I cant breathe" then it'll be assumed you can breathe.

You can't blame the police for doing their job. I'd like to see you do it better.

I wouldn't put a fat unarmed guy in a chokehold in the first place! So obviously a fat unarmed person warrants an entire police sqaud to attack him? Oh wait, it's probably because he was black

I wouldn't put a fat unarmed guy in a chokehold in the first place! So obviously a fat unarmed person warrants an entire police sqaud to attack him? Oh wait, it's probably because he was black

Yep....like half of the grand jury was, that decided not to indict the cops. Guess they were racist among themselves too? 

Oh wait, it's probably because he was black

I hate this argument so damn much. It is the worst reasoning I have heard in my life. It basically says, "hey, don't do or say anything that makes me look bad, even if it is a truth, or I will call you racist." There are very few I hate more than those who try to use race as a shield.

Yep....like half of the grand jury was, that decided not to indict the cops. Guess they were racist among themselves too? 

Sorry but that has nothing to do with putting an unarmed man into a chokehold. 

I hate this argument so damn much. It is the worst reasoning I have heard in my life. It basically says, "hey, don't say anything bad about me, or I will call you racist." There are very few I hate more than those who try to use race as a shield.

Im sorry but how do you NOT see the racial profiling here? The guy did nothing, theres even fucking footage of it online if you look it up. Hes this fat guy who was unarmed and did nothing. How did he pose a threat?

Im sorry but how do you NOT see the racial profiling here? The guy did nothing, theres even fucking footage of it online if you look it up. Hes this fat guy who was unarmed and did nothing. How did he pose a threat?

How can you not see that if the races were switched, nobody would give a shit?

Besides, didn't you hear about the two white police officers killed by a shooter who believe was black? It's instances like that that make these police officers so nervous around African Americans.

Sorry but that has nothing to do with putting an unarmed man into a chokehold. 

Your original statement said you were outraged by the Grand Jury's decision. You then followed that up with the comment 'probably because he is black". My statement quoting you was straight and to the point to contradict your statement. 

The Grand Jury, which WAS comprised of mixed races, based their decision on the facts that THEY had.....not what you saw on TV or Youtube, but the actual facts.  They are charged with basing their decision on what they can PROVE.....not what you may feel is the proper justice, nor what a particular part of society wants to make them feel warm and fuzzy after they are done.

Before you go all high and mighty, remember....he WAS breaking the law. Was it a minor law, yep. Was it something most people would have gotten away with if they were just POLITE and moved on when the cops arrived.....most likely.  Did something happen BEFORE the infamous chokehold.....more than likely but.....you werent there, and neither were any of us, so you just don't know. 

Can some people in authority abuse their powers, definitely. Can some people on the street be total jackasses, esspecially to the same people in authority, definitely yes there too.  So again I repeat, you werent there, neither was I. 

Jurists are picked at random to be the eyes and ears of US, the general public.   Had they had PROOF that this was an indictable offense, he would have been.   The jury spoke. Like it or not, its done with. Get over it.

Wasn't the chokehold an illegal move for the police to use?

I scanned through all the text, I don't know if anyone mentioned that specifically.

Garner committed a minor offense, so its not like he did nothing.

Honestly, the cop should have gone to jail for killing Garner. If I recall correctly, doctors called this case a homicide.

Wasn't the chokehold an illegal move for the police to use?

I scanned through all the text, I don't know if anyone mentioned that specifically.

It is a banned policy in NYC, but it is not illegal. They are trying to pass legisilation to make it illegal as we speak. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/de-blasio-opposes-anti-choke-hold-law-article-1.2009254

Archived