Classified Ads, limit to 1 per item

BURRITTOOOOOO  Sound OFF

Mostly pertaining to Buds/keys since I see it most on there but can we limit the amount of times an account may to post classifieds on the same item to 1?

Here's an example:

http://puu.sh/dLPiE/f37c37c9c0.png 

http://puu.sh/dLPFb/33115f7a02.png 

http://puu.sh/dLPIL/d67e4056de.png

and these are the only ones I took now. There are tons more. 

It creates unnecessary spam when they can easily post the quantity they are selling in the description (another idea: add quantity to classifieds maybe?)

An example of what I'm proposing is this: 

http://puu.sh/dLPLC/1f9b27b21a.png

1 post per person per item so they can't spam the classifieds of a single item. 

And as to why that person in my screenshots listed both my preferred version and the spam version is a mystery to me as well.

I agree on the 2nd idea, not the first, lol.

Say you have a collection of Strange Fire Axes and you own 100 of them. No one would list just one. People would list more so their item is advertised better, so more people notice it.

I, however agree with the 2nd idea; letting you list the same item multiple times. So, make 1 listing for the Fire Axe and make the listing "100".

I just realized that both of your ideas are contradictory towards each other.

You want to make a limit on having more than one of the same item listed but then you want to make a device that lists a quantity of one item.

Doesn't make any sense, but the second sounds like a good idea.

I just realized that both of your ideas are contradictory towards each other.

You want to make a limit on having more than one of the same item listed but then you want to make a device that lists a quantity of one item.

Doesn't make any sense, but the second sounds like a good idea.

It would be one listing but inside the listing there would be a Quantity area. So like Quantity: 50. 

I'm not advocating 50 spams of the same listing, 1 listing but it says there are 50. Though this is pretty unnecessary since we do have an area where we can write whatever we want.

It would be one listing but inside the listing there would be a Quantity area. So like Quantity: 50. 

I'm not advocating 50 spams of the same listing, 1 listing but it says there are 50. Though this is pretty unnecessary since we do have an area where we can write whatever we want.

oh that actually does make sense, and it does sound like a magnificent idea.

Like if someone doesn't use the quantity function and just lists 50 of the same item, it would automatically stack together and show a list of Fire Axe: 50

oh that actually does make sense, and it does sound like a magnificent idea.

Like if someone doesn't use the quantity function and just lists 50 of the same item, it would automatically stack together and show a list of Fire Axe: 50

That could work as well. Good thinking!

Poorly thought through - what happens when you sell that 1 specific item you listed out of the 30 you are selling? The listing is removed...

Unless of course you'd like people to be able to keep listing things they no longer have to sell...

Poorly thought through - what happens when you sell that 1 specific item you listed out of the 30 you are selling? The listing is removed...

Unless of course you'd like people to be able to keep listing things they no longer have to sell...

You can easily relist or like how I do it, move the item that I am selling multiples of farther into my backpack so nobody will select it. 

@Second Point. If they implemented the Quantity portion it could update with the according number of X items in Player X's BP. Also even if it wasn't that fancy. If you say you're selling 50 items and you sell 10 of them. Your post still says selling 50 but you only have 40 now. Nobody is going to say oh no I wanted exactly 50, not going to trade you. They can also easily inspect the other player's backpack to check to see if they have the item(s) still.

You can easily relist or like how I do it, move the item that I am selling multiples of farther into my backpack so nobody will select it. 

@Second Point. If they implemented the Quantity portion it could update with the according number of X items in Player X's BP. Also even if it wasn't that fancy. If you say you're selling 50 items and you sell 10 of them. Your post still says selling 50 but you only have 40 now. Nobody is going to say oh no I wanted exactly 50, not going to trade you. They can also easily inspect the other player's backpack to check to see if they have the item(s) still.

Yea. He does have a point, but if Brad/Fiskie/whoever puts in the quantity function, every time you sell one item, the number would just go down one. It wouldn't remove the whole listing.

Yea. He does have a point, but if Brad/Fiskie/whoever puts in the quantity function, every time you sell one item, the number would just go down one. It wouldn't remove the whole listing.

^this

After the hype of earbud is over, I found out that bp classified affecting our market deeply. Bp classified shows the sellers who sell an item with lowest price first. When there is a mass quick seller appear and list all his item(10+) on the classified. The status page of that item will be full of item lower than bp price. Other quick sellers want to use bp classified will lower their price than that mass seller creating a vicious cycle and the worst thing is that the mass quick seller will go offline and other quick seller will cut their throat and put a even lower price. The market will just crash like earbud market. This is not my imagination but my observation on yesterday earbud bp classified. 

Bp classified should really improve its feature

^ Agreed.

The classifies actually cause the biggest fear.

If I'm not on page1, I kind of worry a bit.

It should be changed to not show the lowest value, but order it from newest to oldest!

Also, you shoujld be able to list the item once. An exception would be for killstreaks, parts, paint, etc

+/- symbol could be added somehere to the classified listing which would drop down all available items of the same type from the seller.

Ex.

I'm selling 10 keys using bp automatic. Instead of 10 individual listings, it shows 1 listing, with a '+'sign that someone can click and drop down view the other 9 I have for sale, and a '-' sign for when you want to pack the dropdown back up.

This will save space and clutter.

We dont need to turn this into a conspiracy theory on buds or keys, put that in another thread.

I agree, it is annoying to see people pretty much be able to dominate the classifieds and even sometimes the market. As the current price is usually ruled by them and not the set price.

Downvote because of bp.tf automatic. 

If you don't list all your items for sale, then those that aren't listed the trading script won't be able to sell for you. That is the whole point of the service, so then it becomes useless if it's not going to actually trade all my items for sale. 

I understand the frustration with people listing hundreds of items, but it is what it is. 

Downvote because of bp.tf automatic. 

If you don't list all your items for sale, then those that aren't listed the trading script won't be able to sell for you. That is the whole point of the service, so then it becomes useless if it's not going to actually trade all my items for sale. 

I understand the frustration with people listing hundreds of items, but it is what it is. 

There is always a way to do something differently in code. Nothing is impossible and I can assure you that this implementation would be possible somehow.

There is always a way to do something differently in code. Nothing is impossible and I can assure you that this implementation would be possible somehow.

If there's a will, there's a way.

I like the dropdown menu for multiple listings by the same person of the same item. That definitely would be a great addition. 

I also suggest to make a section to put in how many are you selling so it one sold it won't go away thus prevent everyone from spamming the classified.

Archived