Suggestion Question (The Glasgow Great Helm, 1.66 - 1.88 ref, [GIRL]Puddington Bear)

Sakamoto

Here's the accepted suggestion: Right here

This suggestion was made by a user named 'Doom Blade', and was his first suggestion. Now, the range he had created was based completely on the classifieds at the time. According to cleverpun, 

• The backpack.tf classifieds are valid proof, but can be unreliable. They do not always update automatically, and when sold there is no history they were ever there.

Now, he did provide unsolds at the current price, but did not show any screenshot or text stating the classifieds market at the time.

Links:

Cleverpun's guide: kewl

Thoughts, opinions.

there's nothing wrong. The person proved that people weren't buying at 2 ref, and he showed backup of what people are buying at.

there's nothing wrong. The person proved that people weren't buying at 2 ref, and he showed backup of what people are buying at.

there is something wrong. He used the classifieds as the sole proof for his range in the suggestion, which is a no-no. My best guess is that Puddington went out and found proof on his own then didnt bother commenting it in, that seems to happen a lot and causes confusion x.x

If mods after some investigation of their own find out that the price is right they can accept the question. The sites purpose is to help people with pricing, and because of that it doesn't matter if you get -rep, someone gets +rep unfairly, it's all about being accurate as possible.

If mods after some investigation of their own find out that the price is right they can accept the question. The sites purpose is to help people with pricing, and because of that it doesn't matter if you get -rep, someone gets +rep unfairly, it's all about being accurate as possible.

They would generally provide that evidence though, before accepting / closing. Polar does it all the time w/ unusuals.

Thanks to this suggestion I am leaving bp.tf. I am sick and tired of watching proofless suggestions getting accepted lately.

• Administrators

Thanks to this suggestion I am leaving bp.tf. I am sick and tired of watching proofless suggestions getting accepted lately.

I am quite surprised to see that get accepted as well. There are sales at 2 and yet that proofless suggestion got accepted.

(David Attenborough voice) Witness, ladies and gentlemen, the noble over-reaction in it's natural habitat.

Like a ripple, it grows disproportionately to it's original cause, but in the long run accomplishes nothing. Such a fragile existence.

It takes moments to correct a faulty suggestion, MoP, but it'd take hours to pick up the slack of un-done suggestions you'd leave.

If proofless suggestions annoy you, help us combat them, don't storm out. You're not nine.

• Administrators

(David Attenborough voice) Witness, ladies and gentlemen, the noble over-reaction in it's natural habitat.

Like a ripple, it grows disproportionately to it's original cause, but in the long run accomplishes nothing. Such a fragile existence.

It takes moments to correct a faulty suggestion, MoP, but it'd take hours to pick up the slack of un-done suggestions you'd leave.

If proofless suggestions annoy you, help us combat them, don't storm out. You're not nine.

When accepting proofless or very poorly constructed suggestion mod should leave their feedback as to why they are accepting it. Just accepting like that makes no sense to me, especially on a suggestion like that.  :ph34r:

Gent, it's just not fair. Why would I spend time making suggestions when proofless ones get accepted as long as they get more upvotes? People prefer to blindly upvote most of the suggestions rather than upvote/downvote them after checking the proof, so I think that in future more proofless suggestions will get accepted and that is just wrong. I have been in this site for over an year and there was no such thing as accpeted suggestions without proof or classifieds as main proof until now. Here's one other suggestion that got accepted without proof for low-end - http://backpack.tf/vote/id/545b9896ba8d88b00c8b5452 again from Puddington. He never comment why he accept/close a suggestion. It shouldn't be like that. I like how polar for example comment on almost every suggestion before he accept or close it. If proofless suggestions stop being accepted in future I will return, if not goodbye for good.

Michael is a pretty awesome mod, but he does commit horrible mistakes sometimes i.e accepting suggestions with insufficient proof or even with counterproof in the comments.

• Administrators

Michael is a pretty awesome mod, but he does commit horrible mistakes sometimes i.e accepting suggestions with insufficient proof or even with counterproof in the comments.

I have to agree.  :ph34r:

Gent, it's just not fair. Why would I spend time making suggestions when proofless ones get accepted as long as they get more upvotes? People prefer to blindly upvote most of the suggestions rather than upvote/downvote them after checking the proof, so I think that in future more proofless suggestions will get accepted and that is just wrong. I have been in this site for over an year and there was no such thing as accpeted suggestions without proof or classifieds as main proof until now. Here's one other suggestion that got accepted without proof for low-end - http://backpack.tf/vote/id/545b9896ba8d88b00c8b5452 again from Puddington. He never comment why he accept/close a suggestion. It shouldn't be like that. I like how polar for example comment on almost every suggestion before he accept or close it. If proofless suggestions stop being accepted in future I will return, if not goodbye for good.

How many suggestions do you think are reviewed daily? Take a guess. It approaches 200 a week on occasion. If under that intense scrutiny you can only name two suggestions that have wrongly slipped through the net, I would definitely say the mod team are doing something right.

Accidents happen. You make this sound like it's a regular occurrance.

Please refrain from throwing your toys out of the pram.

EDIT: Just checked and it's ALREADY been fixed: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54864005ba8d88cf2a8b4fb0

So there. No harm done. We can chill out now.

How many suggestions do you think are reviewed daily? Take a guess. It approaches 200 a week on occasion. If under that intense scrutiny you can only name two suggestions that have wrongly slipped through the net, I would definitely say the mod team are doing something right.

Accidents happen. You make this sound like it's a regular occurrance.

Please refrain from throwing your toys out of the pram.

EDIT: Just checked and it's ALREADY been fixed: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54864005ba8d88cf2a8b4fb0

So there. No harm done. We can chill out now.

It's not just those two. Those were just examples. There were more, but don't have link to them, you get the idea anyways. Same applies to unusual suggestions but they usually get fixed within a day.

The thing is all the proofless suggestions got accepted by the same mod and that is Puddington. He is the one that accepts most of the suggestions, Cashew is the second that accepts most of them.

So I guess few suggestions accepted by accident ain't bad, but here he obvoiusly blindly accepted this one like half of the people blindly upvoted it. That's just not right. Anyways, I am gonna take a break from bp.tf for a while.

Idk why I even keep doing these. I cashed out quite some time ago and don't even trade anymore. I guess I just liked to help the community to see what is the best price fior their items.

Honestly, I didn't really care that much about the rep, even though I managed to be #8 contributor.

One less suggestor ain't a big loss, don't worry. :P There are many new suggestors that have the potential to make suggestions. Plus I will be back, maybe sooner than you expect.

Not like any of those prices are poor or invalid, but the proof is not valid and if a mod is accepting it they should at least post proof when he/they research to prove it's actually accurate.

Archived