Odd leveled Vintage / Low Craft items pricing.

cleverpun

All leveled item prices are wrong.

Yes, all. Some are too high, some are too low, and none of them are actually correct.

Remove them. Replace them with a generic note that it is worth more than usual. Allow voting on price bonuses. Anything has got to be better than listing dozens of pieces of incorrect information.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All leveled item prices are wrong.

Yes, all.

Remove them. Replace them with a generic note that it is worth more than usual. Allow voting on price bonuses. Anything has got to be better than listing dozens of pieces of incorrect information.

Seconded. The current ones are outrageous.

thirded.vint weps so off

like lvl 0 is like 5

lvl 100 and 69 is like 3

lvl 1 and 42 is like 2

lvl 99 vint weps aren't worth a key let alone 8. GG me.

other odd level vint weps are like 0.66-1 not 0.5 or 0.55

exceptions to the hunts and kritz maybe

I don't think v hats lvl 1, 42, 99 are woth like more than 2 keys more and 69, 100

whatever.

more chances for me 2get more suggestions accepted

A lot of new traders get ripped off by current pricing of lvls. They think its worth as much as bp.tf says and they accept and its really troublesome for them to sell. 

Just leave a note, most lvl prices can differ per item and its a collectors price so its not worth tryin to figure out a listed price

A lot of new traders get ripped off by current pricing of lvls. They think its worth as much as bp.tf says and they accept and its really troublesome for them to sell. 

Just leave a note, most lvl prices can differ per item and its a collectors price so its not worth tryin to figure out a listed price

I havent seen people paying bp.tf price for odd leveled vintages. Maybe very rarely.

Most of them are unsold and have bad offers.

Maybe there should be a range from x (50% of max) - y (current max)

So , what i want to discuss here is the Math formula that Backpack.tf uses on odd-leveled vintage items and low #crafts. This one: http://backpack.tf/faq#q5

Basicly , this Math formula is misleading a very big amount of traders to a very unaccurate pricing which ends up in frustration and unsuccess trading.

Im pretty sure the actual suggesting format can't handle specific suggestions for each level/#craft , so until we are capable of doing such thing, I say that just remove any "bonus" from those items. Some items have prices of 1 bud when they have been sold for +15 buds , and other items have prices of 20 keys when they can hardly ever reach 10 keys. This is just too misleading to be in such site.

So basicly my idea is being able to do the following when the site is able to (Meanwhile REMOVE any price as said before):

Odd leveled vintage items (Vintage hats/weapons supposed to have a fixed level) :

-Level 1 , 42 , 69 , 99 and 100 would have separated suggestions for each item.

-Rest of levels (excluding the regular level) would have one suggestion for all of them.

-Some odd-levels can get suggested alone if a proved theme make them more valueable (this is more common in low #crafts however).

Low #craft items (<100 always)

-Craft# 1 , 42 , 69 , 99 and 100 would have separated suggestions for each item. If there is no proof of the item being traded (It remains in crafter's backpack and he/she doesnt seem to be selling it) , the present math formula will be used.

-Craft# 2-9 , 10-29 , 30-49 , 50-68 , 70-98 would have a suggestion for each range of crafts# (30-49 excludes 42).

-As a side note of the statement above , there can be single suggestions for one craft# number that can be more valueable for special circumstances like Craft# matches level or themed (Example : #13 Aparitions aspect).

- >#100 Crafts wont earn any value but those should still be suggestionable , there are >100 numbers that still give items a high value like themes (#105 Head warmer , #3000 Pip-boy , #451 Area 451 , etc.) or milestone numbers.

So TL;DR , remove bonuses from odd leveled vintages / low crafts# until we can suggest them specifically and accuratelly.

Please brad remove the prices for odd levels :D

Too many people are asking for ridiculus prices based on the price and reject decent offers or are below price :(

Yeah, I've always wondered how BP.tf handled those odd-level prices without taking suggestions.  Seems like a bad system if the bonus is automated.  I haven't done any odd-level trading but from speculation I'm going to second (or third/fourth or whatever it's at now) the idea of it just saying "This is odd leveled, it's worth more".

Xaero and The Director are going to cry if this goes through, lel. :P

While I do think we could use a complete overhaul of the special level system for Vintages, I feel like it could get ugly with suggestions for every hat and the special levels they have, but that's just my opinion. Craft numbers could also use something like that, as many single digit crafts are worth well more than the 1-2 buds this site suggests them to be worth.

IMO level 99 doesn't even cost more than normal.

I agree on this, the only levels that count really are 1, 42, 69 and 100 or level 31 for halloween items

counting level 99 is kinda like those trades that ask for a scrap more because it's "double digits"

remove the pricing for craft numbers aswell and put that note. currently my #83 foppish havent sold for 6 keys in almost a year now, and its listed in bp.tf as 12½

I agree on this, the only levels that count really are 1, 42, 69 and 100 or level 31 for halloween items

counting level 99 is kinda like those trades that ask for a scrap more because it's "double digits"

According to my vint selling friends 99 can be sold for 4, but 42 can only be sold for 1.5

According to my vint selling friends 99 can be sold for 4, but 42 can only be sold for 1.5

Vintages are a bit different, some update around the spyer update there was a glitch/bug that dropped them in odd levels which was later patched by valve.

From the tf2 wiki:

"Originally, when the item drop system was first implemented in the Sniper vs. Spy Update, item levels were added by the developers to test if level functionality could be included. Dropped items were given a random level between 0 and 100, and the level would appear under the name of the item, visible to all players. 

Random leveling is no longer a feature as of the May 29, 2009 Patch. All new items receive a standard level. However, hats will still receive random levels between 0 and 100 and this was later amended to levels 1 through 100 some time after the Classless Update. All existing items with random levels to will still retain them."

But the ones that dropped before hand (odd/random levels) keep them and so probably why the 99 is worth a bit more?

Someone once told me something about leveling their weapon, not quite sure ill do some research and get back to you :)

iZZGcq2.jpgPosting this here too. Definitely would suggestion making some kind of change when there are people out there that genuinely believe the price is in any way accurate for vintage lvl 99 items.

Is 31 special?

Is 31 special?

That Halloween date, sept oct 31. Not many people care but for halloween many people prefer 31 over the more generic ones. i managed to sell a UHHHH level 31 UHHHH for around 12 keys a while ago lol

That Halloween date, sept 31. Not many people care but for halloween many people prefer 31 over the more generic ones. i managed to sell a UHHHH level 31 UHHHH for around 12 keys a while ago lol

*Oct. 31

Archived