Option to show hidden comments by default

base64

You know what the problem is? The dislike button. Peopl dislike comments that aren't even innapropriate just because either they have hate them or because their dumb.

Well, key suggestions, anyone who supports key price suggestions or explains whats happening gets disliked. And anyone who says tht bp.tf is at fault, or tht this is going to crash the market, or just donvotes wiyhout saying anything gets liked like crazy.

A userscript would be fine too.

New version is here

The "Show all hidden comments" button can now be found with the buttons of the first comment, that of the suggester.

All it does is automatically click all "Show hidden comment" buttons, regardless of their state. So if you clicked some manually, it will hide those and show the others. Maybe I will refine this script some time to really only show all or hide all.

You know what the problem is? The dislike button. Peopl dislike comments that aren't even innapropriate just because either they have hate them or because their dumb.

It should be deactivated on key suggestions. The same thing with the like button.

They should just disallow comments and dislikes/likes be restricted to anyone with 500+ rep and up. IMAO most votes and irrelevant comments come from people who only come on to bump up their bp by voting accordingly, and most of the time downvoting keys is in their best interest too.

The "Show all hidden comments" button can now be found with the buttons of the first comment, that of the suggester.

All it does is automatically click all "Show hidden comment" buttons, regardless of their state. So if you clicked some manually, it will hide those and show the others. Maybe I will refine this script some time to really only show all or hide all.

I love you.

But I had to add

// @require    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

on order to make it work on Tampermonkey for Chrome. 

I love you.

But I had to add

// @require    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js

on order to make it work on Tampermonkey for Chrome.

yvw. Good to know you need the @require for Chrome. I use Firefox and Greasemonkey has access to the JQuery the site already uses. Don't know if you also need the noConflict statement then, but it sure won't hurt. Anyway, here is the "refined" version that truly hides or shows all:

New version is here

Yeah yeah! I agree - No idea what any of this is, I should show me brother though, he codes and is creating a app. When it is released, i will be sure to share it!

:)

They should just disallow comments and dislikes/likes be restricted to anyone with 500+ rep and up. IMAO most votes and irrelevant comments come from people who only come on to bump up their bp by voting accordingly, and most of the time downvoting keys is in their best interest too.

Amen!

Amen!

No, not a good idea. You would create an unnecessary barrier for new or only seldom / selectively active community members.

I wouldn't be allowed to do anything with a 500+ points restriction.

How about I propose an age restriction, let's say 21 (assuming verification is possible). That would be more fair from my point of view. Makes sense? No? See...

I don't know who suggested it, but make it so that you have to give a reason why you're disliking a post. People found to be abusing this gets the privilege taken off for a few days/weeks.

Hiding downvoted comments should be off by default. Half of the time that I go here, it's to laugh at people who make horrible suggestions with no proof. Clicking show comment 5 or 6 times gets tedious quickly.

Make it like facebook. Likes everywhere but no dislikes.

Agreed!

I mean look at this one: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51346b2cba2536060f000018 My comment was disliked to hell because I explained something that was necessary

And this one as well: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51333da24bd7b8c15700000c -10 like a piece for me and long when we were having a nice conversation!

NO DISLIKES PLEASE!

Make it like facebook. Likes everywhere but no dislikes.

disagree strongly.  sure, it sucks when someone dislikes just because they disagree with you, but this would just make it a one-sided battle where people can like a bad comment and there is nothing you can do about it.  I dislike spam (free rep, DOWNVOTE, etc.) and abusive comments all the time.  Same with misinformation.

Well yeah of course there are downsites on either one. I downvoted some posts at the beginning too but now I don't that anymore, it's a waste of time to dislike all bad comments on key suggestions etc.~

Or maybe because...wait for it......they "dislike" it!  Wow!  They're using the function for it's intended purpose :oB)

I

don't know who suggested it, but make it so that you have to give a

reason why you're disliking a post. People found to be abusing this gets

the privilege taken off for a few days/weeks.

That would give the staff more needed responsibility for a feature that doesn't really impact the site that much.  If people are that lazy that they can't go the extra mile to click the "hidden comment" message, then I don't think they should be allowed to vote. (Oh he showed 20 links...I'm too lazy to click them, upvote)

could very easily be because I suck, but after copy/pasting this as a new script in tampermonkey, im not noticing a difference

could very easily be because I suck, but after copy/pasting this as a new script in tampermonkey, im not noticing a difference

The very first post made in a suggestion, usually that of the suggester, has a "Show all hidden comments" with the links at the bottom right.

Should that not be the case, please tell me and I will debug in Chrome myself.

The very first post made in a suggestion, usually that of the suggester, has a "Show all hidden comments" with the links at the bottom right.

Should that not be the case, please tell me and I will debug in Chrome myself.

http://i.imgur.com/137hQ5t.png - maybe it's conflicting with other extensions?  If it's a lot of work, I'll survive just fine without it.

http://i.imgur.com/137hQ5t.png - maybe it's conflicting with other extensions?  If it's a lot of work, I'll survive just fine without it.

No, that's not it. The problem is the jQuery.noConflict() statement in line 12.

That is a workaround you sometimes need for Greasemonkey userscripts when the site and the script both use jQuery (in different versions). It seems Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey have different approaches / opinions about the sandbox concept.

Anyway, just delete line 12 and it should work fine.

Please also remove the actual code from your reply. I have changed the code in my previous post. It may be confusing to others when there are different versions floating around.

Archived