I think it's time I cash out. Thank you key prices.

Alex From Security

Why exactly would it make sense to cash out? Does not look like your backpack is negatively affected by high Key prices at all.

I think you should've posted this in the TF2 Discussion Forum, not here.

Why exactly would it make sense to cash out? Does not look like your backpack is negatively affected by high Key prices at all.

I think you should've posted this in the TF2 Discussion Forum, not here.

Me thinks it's because he's losing faith in the economy?

Me thinks it's because he's losing faith in the economy?

Me thinks Parmadox has a degree is Geniustocity >:3 

In all seriousness to fix the economy, do not buy keys for what price they are.

Tf2Outpost is simple.

1. Obtain item(s)
  2. Oh look, on backpack.tf the "price" is 3.77-3.88 Refined.
  3. Let's suggest a trade.
  4. Oh man, how about I try to get a little profit. Lets sell them for 4 Refined.

Meanwhile, a dude looking for keys who doesn't do cash trading (so awesome btw)

1. Man I really want to buy _____ For 1 key. Let's find some keys for sale
  2. Oh man, all these trades. Let's get the one first.
  3. Huh. 4 Refined? Seems like a good deal!
  4. Yay I can buy ____

MEANWHILE... T_T"  (Long not trying to be a dick buuuuuuuuut) Long makes another suggestion.

1. Searches keys on TF2OP
  2. First 20 links? Good enough proof.
  3. All of them have comments saying they bought? Or that their stock is at 0?
  4. Let's make keys at 3.99-4.11 since all of them have that now.

Tf2 economy. Heavy does not approve.

iPLirNSiWk1NA.png

Again, there is nothing wrong with the TF2 economy. Nothing needs fixing.

Show me someone besides a Metal farmer / hoarder that truly lost with the Key price increase in terms of Metal.

I made a few trades that resulted in me having some Metal:

• I came into possession of some Backpack Expanders for less that 2k+2.33r.
  • I started selling 16 Backpack Expanders for 2k+2.33r.
  • The Key price was at 3.77 - 3.88, 3.85 (tf2finance).
  • As soon as I had enough Metal to buy 2 Keys I went to look to buy a Key.
  • I wanted to buy for 3.77 ofc.
  • I have been watching for a long time, and I know how to look for low price Keys with experience.
  • I saw only very few sell for 3.77 and most of the time I was too late because they got bought within a minute.
  • My Expanders have sold without me being able to buy Keys at 3.77 for all that Metal I now had.
  • My Backpack space was getting low.
  • I put up a buying trade for 3.77, no luck.
  • I wanted to be done with it and had better luck buying at 3.88, I bought 8 or 9 Keys for 3.88.
  • I bought a few Bill's Hats at 8 Keys with all those Keys I now had.
  • Long218 increased the price to 3.77 - 4 Refined. The usual kinds of people are complaining for whatever reason.
  • I made my profit with selling the Expanders.
  • I have Backpack space for my next trades.
  • I know my Bill's are a stable and liquid investment in terms of Keys.
  • I know my Keys are at least stable, if not more, and liquid in terms of Metal.

(I do not see a bubble coming at at all, because there is no bubble)

I am happy!

If I was trading in Craft Hats, my day wouldn't be much different:

In fact, I wouldn't even need to buy Keys. I can still afford to buy my Craft Hats with my Metal or other Craft Hats no matter what the Key price in terms of Metal.

But maybe I too prefer to have even more Backpack space by not having too much Metal around? Or maybe I plan to buy a Promo with the profit I made flipping Craft Hats? So I might as well buy a Key now, since they've at least never really lost value.

Either way, I am also happy!

If I was trading in Promos and Unusuals mostly, I couldn't care less about the Key price in terms of Metal.

My concern might be the Earbuds price in terms of Keys.

But I am happy with any Key price in terms of Metal.

If I was a poor and humble player that just wants the stuff he likes, I am happy too:

• If I want some new Craft Hat, I sell my other Craft Hat(s) or swap.
  • If I want to keep my stuff but also want that new Craft Hat, I use the Metal I got dropped for free.
  • If I want a Bill's Hat, I have to invest some Money into my game because I used all my free Metal to buy Craft Hats that I want to keep:
  • I go to the Mann Co. Store and see I have to buy 8 Keys for $20.
  • I look for real money sellers but either I do not have PayPal, don't know where to look, don't trust them or they do not want to trade with me because I'm not trustworthy enough.
  • I go to the Community Market and see I can buy 8 second hand Keys for $18.

-> Because I didn't buy in Mann. Co., the secondary market for Keys now has 8 less fresh new Keys available as future supply.

-> Does that ring a bell?

• I buy them and trade them for the Bill's.
  • But maybe I even want to buy that new Craft Hat with my Key. I see that I can sell it for a lot of Metal and even buy 3 craft Hats now instead of just 2 like in the past and ...
... wait for it ...

35633109.jpg

Yeah I don't get why people are pissed that much at all. Ruining the economy? Dafuq why should high key prices ruin the economy. Lol.

But: I want to unbox some things. Unbox some strange weapons and other stuff, got some keys but even more ref out of it. Unbox more crates with the keys I got. End up having only refined and no more keys --> Have to buy keys with ref.

Well I never really complained because: When keys were 3 ref I made a calculated loss of ~1.5 buds (~120 ref) per 100 crates. And guess what I do now? Make a calculated loss of ~1.4 buds (~140 ref) per 100 crates. Why I count those loss in buds? Well when I unbox an unusual I sell it for buds/keys --> I don't care about ref in the end.

Archived