Have hats gone too far?

AlfieOmega

When I got a Medic cosmetic (Foppish Physician), from randomly trading, I noticed that I played Medic more whenever I just wanted to play the game. Later, when I sold it, I noticed that I played Medic considerably less, even when the team needed it. My mind was thinking: "No, you look ugly. Don't play that class." If hats and cosmetics have controlled me that much, is it me or the hats? Is it a way to boost your gameplay on a certain class? Is it going to destroy class organization? (The last two questions are jokes.)

When I got a Medic cosmetic (Foppish Physician), from randomly trading, I noticed that I played Medic more whenever I just wanted to play the game. Later, when I sold it, I noticed that I played Medic considerably less, even when the team needed it. My mind was thinking: "No, you look ugly. Don't play that class." If hats and cosmetics have controlled me that much, is it me or the hats? Is it a way to boost your gameplay on a certain class? Is it going to destroy class organization? (The last two questions are jokes.)

I agree :P

Heheh, I kinda get you, I only play CS:GO when I have an awesome knife. Some people like having good cosmetics to look cool, some don't cuz it distracts

Heheh, I kinda get you, I only play CS:GO when I have an awesome knife. Some people like having good cosmetics to look cool, some don't cuz it distracts

For me, i only use weapons which have camos on them, same principle though

Nah. To me, the cosmetic combinations become a way of defining oneself. With the sheer variety out there, you rarely see two people on a server with the same cosmetic loadout. The best part about that is that you can then identify players at a glance. You'll know who to uber in a pinch or the best person to disguise as. You'll also know which fights you'll win and which ones you should run from.

Nah. To me, the cosmetic combinations become a way of defining oneself. With the sheer variety out there, you rarely see two people on a server with the same cosmetic loadout. The best part about that is that you can then identify players at a glance. You'll know who to uber in a pinch or the best person to disguise as. You'll also know which fights you'll win and which ones you should run from.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

most good comp players just wear a single defining hat

the ones i know, at least

Only difference cosmetics make on tf2

Cosmetics = you get your own pocket medic, even if you're shit no one says anything

No Cosmetics = Good luck getting a heal, play well everyone still complains

Unusual = a few medics on you, everyone asking for free shit, some people asking for tips

Hats have gone way to far and not just normal ones unusual ones as well. I mean in no way for this to be rude towards Bob but why would you pay $20,000 for a Hat. I'm aware that they hold real world value but still think of what you could do with 20k irl. I really respect Bob and I really appreciate what he's doing for the community (The Santa's Wishlist + other stuff) but still it seems incredible to me people have that money around to be spending it in such a way. Other then that I literally only play classes I have Unusuals for other then when I own no Unusuals. Idk it just gets boring not having one and I always feel like I preform better with them (even though it's only the fact I play the class more and get better not the Unusuals.

TL:DR - Hats have gone to far.

I actually have at least 2 (or 3) unusuals equipped for every class (with the exception of demo). I notice that I play soldier and engi the most due to the triple effects that I have on them. I play demo the least, because poor demo only can have one unusual equipped :(

I´m only playing with strange Weapons.I need a Goal (8500 Kills) to play.Otherwise i can´t see a reason :3

all my classes look sick with about 2 or 3 different setups so I don't have that problem.

and until they start selling little hats that your weapons can wear i'd say it hasn't gone too far yet.

all my classes look sick with about 2 or 3 different setups so I don't have that problem.

and until they start selling little hats that your weapons can wear i'd say it hasn't gone too far yet.

Strange Parts?

Soooo true!

I only started maining solly ever since I got my burning stout shako.

I just have this itching feeling that I have to be good to And practice more to prove myself worthy to wear it in pubs and 6's.

Other then that I just wear the point and shoot or that other all class witch hat thing.

Archived