Pricing for the untradeable UHHHH/Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker

♠Derpeh♤

The current pricing on bp.tf is only for the clean tradeable UHHHH why is there none for the untradeable version?? Many people think there is only one version of this weapon and make the mistake of paying too much.

eg http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51adaf784bd7b83c3100001b

Even a well versed pricing expert didnt know until it was explained.

In a trading server i saw someone selling a untradeable one for 2 keys (seller gift wraps) and thinking that it was correct purely based on bp.tf and many people expressed interest as it was 0.5 under the "current price".

Yes, you can say that it is unnecessary as you can just craft one for 2 refs however most people do not know this and many people end up getting ripped off. (Thinking that it's worth a few keys)

Please fix this. Isnt that hard to add a untradeable version to price.

You did make a point, maybe it actually requires a price but rip off ? Not sure about that

Well crafting this takes 2 refs + haunted scrap (easily aquired though schievement servers) + weapon.

and a few people on the trade server i was in expressed interest in buying it for 2 keys and their gift wrap, until i explained to them that there is a untradeable version. Which is why i considered it a rip off, 2 ref item being traded for 2 keys...

Another example being:

ttp://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/10543268 (wanted to buy for 1 key and 3 refs)

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/9994406 (someone claimed to sell one for 3 keys)

There are countless more examples in the links in that suggestion i posted above 

Again this is a item that is relatively easy to acquire for just 2 refs...

If people so not know the quirks of glitched Halloween items, and try to buy them to sell for more, then its partly on them. It takes so little to make that I'm a little cautious to think someone with enough keys to buy it would make the error of buying the unreadable version since they should have seen a Halloween or trade server by then. However I believe a better idea (if its not already added) is a little caution sign saying this is the price for the tradable version that does not require gift wrap.

If people so not know the quirks of glitched Halloween items, and try to buy them to sell for more, then its partly on them. It takes so little to make that I'm a little cautious to think someone with enough keys to buy it would make the error of buying the unreadable version since they should have seen a Halloween or trade server by then. However I believe a better idea (if its not already added) is a little caution sign saying this is the price for the tradable version that does not require gift wrap.

I quite agree on this, but however not everyone is informed, and even under the assumption that people are it would be safer just to add on something to alert newer players as you have suggested (Many players that dont know what they are doing but have access to their parent's money...)

Even "the spycrab risotto" a relatively reputable pricing expert made this mistake, quite a few people on op and classifieds have also listed their b/o as "bp.tf". Making anyone who has not digged much into it think that it is the "correct price"

Quite a few people have mentioned this problem in the comments of suggestion but no one has suggested this change, it seems like a relatively easy problem to fix too.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

I just realized that the spin-tingling skull, spine-twisting skull has a small note on the price saying  "This item normally requires the use of gift wrap but tradeable versions exist and are more expensive".

Can't this be implemented on the UHHHH except saying that Untradable versions exist are cost considerably less or something? :o

There are still plenty of trades out there that are unaware that the price for the UHHHH on bp.tf is for the tradable version only and some people actually pay the 2 keys.

Archived