backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

I found another bug. I had an item listed for 2.66 refined.  Someone made a trade offer on this item in which they offered 3 refined in exchange for the item and 1 reclaimed metal. This should have been accepted but the bot skipped it and gave the following reason.

11:06:20 - info: [u:1:20155XXXX] Incoming offer #917400023 from 7656119816181XXXX
11:06:21 - info: [u:1:20155XXXX] Offer #917400023 contains an item that isn't in a listing (Reclaimed Metal), skipping

Edit: I had two of these items in my backpack, I verified that the offer was made on the advertised one. The listed item was a level 50 and the offer was on the level 50 item so it should have been accepted.

Thank you Doctor McKay for your much appreciated efforts in updating Automatic to work with the new escrow system. 

I got a message "Connot check Escrow duration ... malformed (something, the window cuts the rest)"

And I got Accept Escrow true.

This is happening all the time now, even with people that have SMA enabled.

13:26:43 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.13:28:33 - info: [U:1:162838306] Incoming offer #918257500 from 7656119812310403413:28:34 - debug: [U:1:162838306] Offer #918257500: Required = {"metal":0,"keys":1}, offered = {"metal":0,"keys":1}13:28:34 - trade: [U:1:162838306] Everything in offer #918257500 looks good, accepting13:28:34 - trade: [U:1:162838306] Offer #918257500 - Asked: 1 keys (Festive Sniper Rifle). Offered: 1 keys (Mann Co. Supply Crate Key).13:28:34 - warn: [U:1:162838306] Unable to accept offer #918257500: HTTP error 403

OH GOD AWESOME, BEST COOKIES EVER.

I thought automatic bot is for automatic work non stop. But it is to work for few hours.

HTTP error 403 COOKIES EXPIREDPLEASE FIX cookies from being expiring or just make them refreshing automatically?

I got a message "Connot check Escrow duration ... malformed (something, the window cuts the rest)"

And I got Accept Escrow true.

if it is accept escrow true WHY THE HELL BOT IS STILL CHECKING ESCROW DURATION lol

Could you provide a bit more information for a user who has never done anything with mobile before and doesn't know what ADB is, means, or how to insteall it ?

Hello,

Wow everyone still having problems with v1.1.3?

I am already on V 2.2.0.

See you auto sellers out there in the classifieds. Get ready for some war =P

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v 1.1

Can anyone else confirm that this works?

yes would be awesome if someone could confirm it since my smartphone is rooted also i installed the android sdk so maybe i forgot whatever step however im very sure i didnt give root access at any point so it should work. someone asked me for help with none rooted smartphones thats why i made this guide however he didnt try it yet so i cant tell if it works 100% also the adb program in the achive is an older version so that older versions of android are working idk if newer versions need the newer version of adb. for my phone running 4.4.4 i needed this version if i didnt use this version i only got a 1KB file...

if anybody is having problems im willing to help just add me or write here or whatever ;)

I tried the ADB method a week ago on a non-root device. Using ADB you CAN browse directories where root would normally be required.

However, I did not know the name of the exact directory I was looking for and I couldn't see any of the directory names while using ADB.

I later rooted the device to see exactly what I was doing, for me the exact location of the Steamguard file was

/data/data/com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/files/Steamguard-{ID64 here}

im very sure that you can NOT browse the data folder using adb without root. however an app backup works just fine.

Yes, by browse I meant cd. Maybe browse wasn't the right word.

You have execute permissions but not read permissions - this means you need to know the exact location of the file you're looking for.

Hello,

Wow everyone still having problems with v1.1.3?

I am already on V 2.2.0.

See you auto sellers out there in the classifieds. Get ready for some war =P

What do you mean V 2.2.0?

Ive used the Fiddler method =P but that requires you to disable auth and then re-enable it =P 7 day wait

What do you mean V 2.2.0?

Secrets =P

Problems with automatic. This problem was since dec 9 when automatic released i believe. also:

13:26:43 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.13:28:33 - info: [U:1:162838306] Incoming offer #9xxxxxxxx from 7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13:28:34 - debug: [U:1:162838306] Offer #9xxxxxxxx: Required = {"metal":0,"keys":1}, offered = {"metal":0,"keys":1}13:28:34 - trade: [U:1:162838306] Everything in offer #9xxxxxxxxxxx looks good, accepting13:28:34 - trade: [U:1:162838306] Offer #9xxxxxxxxxx - Asked: 1 keys (Festive Sniper Rifle). Offered: 1 keys (Mann Co. Supply Crate Key).13:28:34 - warn: [U:1:162838306] Unable to accept offer #9xxxxxxx: HTTP error 403

Also i would suggest to automatic devs to make that if AcceptEscrow = true then automatic would not be trying to find escrow duration. Because at most times this leads to error, because player bp private or etc. And whatever, it doesnt need to do that anyways as it will be accepting trade offers even if escrow enabled. Simple.

HTTP error 403 cookies expired

jesus, do people still keep their phones not rooted these days?

I mean, you could just download root explorer and just type in "steamguard" and click that .txt file popping up, and here you go, find indentity_secret and voila. Simplier couldnt be.

LOGICALLY THINKING< this should work about method without having root. Find a way to backup your steam software app.

If aegamesi will summon anytime with his ice client, i will ask him to add feature to enable authenticator in phone. And sure get ability to get those secrets and stuff would get more useful and sure no root. Well, we will see.

Also if people still dont know, so if you have desktop authenticator and mobile authenticator you can make both enabled and make them working at the same time, making same codes.

nfc8xQO.jpg

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.2

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract and open it
Step 3 :: ???

Step 4 :: Profit!

Yup, this works if you don't wish to root your phone

jesus, do people still keep their phones not rooted these days?

I mean, you could just download root explorer and just type in "steamguard" and click that .txt file popping up, and here you go, find indentity_secret and voila. Simplier couldnt be.

LOGICALLY THINKING< this should work about method without having root. Find a way to backup your steam software app.

If aegamesi will summon anytime with his ice client, i will ask him to add feature to enable authenticator in phone. And sure get ability to get those secrets and stuff would get more useful and sure no root. Well, we will see.

Also if people still dont know, so if you have desktop authenticator and mobile authenticator you can make both enabled and make them working at the same time, making same codes.

nfc8xQO.jpg

As I stated earlier, you're missing the point here. It's not that I wouldn't like to root my phone, but my lease with my provider would put me up a shit creek if I rooted and then voided the warranty. I'd prefer to not pay the full $699 for my phone because they won't take it back. So in theory, yeah, who wouldn't want to root, but this isn't possible for those of us that didn't buy the phone outright.