backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Is it allowed to make your own modifications to the backpack automatic client? I have encountered several bugs and want to fix them on my own and add some extra functions since support has dropped.

oh could you kindly please share it after fixing the bugs?  thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Crazy*Spy said:

token.png.5b67c5520ba6c10252420e2e86893895.pngI did it but it doesn't work.

i also tried the deleting oAuth way.  Sadly doesn't work.

I know the old token still working.  Strange...

i don't understand why the old token format works but the new one doesn't.

Is there something to do with the automatic bot script?  Maybe there's an encryption which can only do the old token format?

If you want to get it working...

Grab the token from any of the token API page URL's (I couldn't find it anywhere else though I didn't look hard either):

wo3Oecq.png

https://backpack.tf/api/docs/create_listings

Copy and paste the token value from the URL in the link there.

Make your accounts.json look like this (replace the xxxxxx value with the token you copied above):

{
    "myaccount": {
        "bptfToken": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    },
    "lastUsedAccount": "myaccount"
}

Remove sentry and oAuthToken so you can generate new ones in case there was a problem with them. Replace each "myaccount" with your login name.

(should work)

Edited by Julia
expanded more

19 minutes ago, Julia said:

If you want to get it working...

Grab the token from any of the token API page URL's (I couldn't find it anywhere else though I didn't look hard either):

wo3Oecq.png

https://backpack.tf/api/docs/create_listings

Copy and paste the token value from the URL in the link there.

Make your accounts.json look like this (replace the xxxxxx value with the token you copied above):

{
    "myaccount": {
        "bptfToken": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    },
    "lastUsedAccount": "myaccount"
}

Remove sentry and oAuthToken so you can generate new ones in case there was a problem with them.

(should work)

I think i did all the steps u said, but now it says Invalid backpack.tf token: steamid+token combination does not exist.

Maybe you entered your backpack.tf api key? Your third party access token can be found at backpack.tf/settings > Advanced.
backpack.tf token

7 minutes ago, edin said:

I think i did all the steps u said, but now it says Invalid backpack.tf token: steamid+token combination does not exist.

Maybe you entered your backpack.tf api key? Your third party access token can be found at backpack.tf/settings > Advanced.
backpack.tf token

You also need to replace each "myaccount" with your login name. You should be modifying your accounts.json and not copying and pasting what I wrote.

Not sure what else you might be doing wrong but mine works if I do everything I just stated.

3 hours ago, Julia said:

You also need to replace each "myaccount" with your login name. You should be modifying your accounts.json and not copying and pasting what I wrote.

Not sure what else you might be doing wrong but mine works if I do everything I just stated.

This doesn't actually have the token in it, that is the access key. It says it is the token but it isn't, its the same error in docs that cost me a lot of time. The real token is here, and nowhere else in the docs even though it is labled as token:

https://backpack.tf/connections

9 hours ago, edin said:

backpack.tf token

5 hours ago, Axle Change said:

This doesn't actually have the token in it, that is the access key. It says it is the token but it isn't, its the same error in docs that cost me a lot of time. The real token is here, and nowhere else in the docs even though it is labled as token:

They both give the same bptf token value.  Tried copied and paste to enter the input and also tried pasting it to the accounts.json file and neither worked.  I think there's something to do with how this bot is written instead of us having the value wrong.  I mean we input the same value as shown on backpack.tf's side but still says invalid.  That means the error is on the bot's end not the token value.

Too bad I don't know how to code and don't know why the bot is not compatible with the new token format.

For people who do and reading this, please help.

5 hours ago, Axle Change said:

They show the same thing for me.

57 minutes ago, Julia said:

They show the same thing for me.

1 hour ago, NiK said:

They both give the same bptf token value.  Tried copied and paste to enter the input and also tried pasting it to the accounts.json file and neither worked.  I think there's something to do with how this bot is written instead of us having the value wrong.  I mean we input the same value as shown on backpack.tf's side but still says invalid.  That means the error is on the bot's end not the token value.

Too bad I don't know how to code and don't know why the bot is not compatible with the new token format.

For people who do and reading this, please help.

Api token or the other backpack.tf token, it doesnt work, seems like its the problem with the bot code or smth

And if anyone knows how to fix it please tell us..

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, K 13 said:

How can i make it accept gifts ?

toggle acceptgifts 

is what you have to typei n the console

7 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

toggle acceptgifts 

is what you have to typei n the console

Thanks !

now i can withdraw my 500 worthless items from marketplace.tf and opskins

• puddingkip unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running mac and trying to use bp.tf automatic trade bot. Whenever I try to run node bot.js into my terminal, I always get this error:

Error: Cannot find module './app/version-check'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:536:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:466:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (~/backpack.tf bot/automatic.js:1:63)
    at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)

Anyone got any idea what's going on?

Note: I've already downloaded the latest stable version of nodeJS

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 11:52 PM, edin said:

Api token or the other backpack.tf token, it doesnt work, seems like its the problem with the bot code or smth

And if anyone knows how to fix it please tell us..

well, automatic just died for me as well. it would've been nice if they would've released a new bot before killing the current one

"01:14:13 - error: Cannot login to Steam: HTTP error 401
01:14:14 - warn: Saved OAuth token is no longer valid."

username/password entered again and it hangs at:

01:14:43 - info: Logging into Steam with OAuth token"

if i delete the accounts file and try to set it again it's asking me for bp.tf token, i copy it from https://backpack.tf/connections  and i get 

"01:18:24 - warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: Invalid request token.

if i paste it from https://backpack.tf/api/docs/create_listings  as suggested above, i get "01:20:01 - warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: steamid+token combination does not exist.
01:20:01 - warn: Maybe you entered your backpack.tf api key? Your third party access token can be found at backpack.tf/settings > Advanced."       

i guess it was my turn to be phased out :)

at least my premium expires in just a few days, so yaaay

34 minutes ago, xosmin said:

well, automatic just died for me as well. it would've been nice if they would've released a new bot before killing the current one

"01:14:13 - error: Cannot login to Steam: HTTP error 401
01:14:14 - warn: Saved OAuth token is no longer valid."

username/password entered again and it hangs at:

01:14:43 - info: Logging into Steam with OAuth token"

if i delete the accounts file and try to set it again it's asking me for bp.tf token, i copy it from https://backpack.tf/connections  and i get 

"01:18:24 - warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: Invalid request token.

if i paste it from https://backpack.tf/api/docs/create_listings  as suggested above, i get "01:20:01 - warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: steamid+token combination does not exist.
01:20:01 - warn: Maybe you entered your backpack.tf api key? Your third party access token can be found at backpack.tf/settings > Advanced."       

i guess it was my turn to be phased out :)

at least my premium expires in just a few days, so yaaay

My automatic still works fine. Did you create a new token recently?

14 hours ago, Woifilicious said:

My automatic still works fine. Did you create a new token recently?

i did, after the login issue appeared. it did not help :)

the format of the token from https://backpack.tf/connections is different from the one already present in the accounts.json file (more characters in the new one) 

i tried logging in with another steam account and it worked (hence the "i guess it was my turn to be phased out" thing)

I got this message today:

warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: The old backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities, and people still keep trying to use it.
                However, we are still going to provide this endpoint until a successor can be made. If you want to use this,
                add a POST field of i_understand_the_risks set to true.

Can anyone explain what needs to be done here? I generated a new token just like xosmin, but it still doesn't work. Where is this POST field supposed to be added?

Text changed a bit :)

13:07:42 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.3.3 starting
13:07:42 - warn: Currency exchange is disabled in this release (1.3.1) due to a vulnerability. This feature will be enabled again in the future.
13:07:42 - info: Logging into Steam with OAuth token
13:07:42 - info: Logged into Steam!
13:07:43 - warn: Invalid backpack.tf token: THIS SOFTWARE IS DEPRECATED AND WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR IT.
                The backpack.tf automatic client has severe vulnerabilities and can be exploited, resulting in you losing items.
                If you know what you are doing and are managing a fork of this software that does not have the vulnerabilities of the official client,
                add a POST field of i_understand_the_risks set to true.
backpack.tf token

Tried reinstall, update to version 1.33. Previously my accounts.js had this message of I understand the risks set to true ... but not working anymore.

Reseted token to the longer version. 

Seems kinda sad that it's depreciated without any alternatives, when there is no "agent" yet. 

Aware of that for some time already, but ... the message states it will be still accessible (with all the risks on us) untill "agents" start to work. AFAIK there are no agents yet ... 

I understand the risks and anyways I need automatic to run on all my accounts, I tried to put the commandline into several automatic-files without success.
Anyone managed to get it to work yet?

• Administrators

It's accessible if you know what you're doing, but we're unwilling to put people who do not at risk so will not be expanding further.

You need add    this in file app/backpacktf.js after metod:"alive"

i_understand_the_risks: "true",

somebody know how to generate 24 digits token, cuz automatic does not work with token like this 
2s3GN5X0QtlguJgBjIqRHhnWzFsMcSltdK4JFtgiWOE=

like in my file

5a37b7e570f2f_ScreenshotatDec18.thumb.png.e40744c0bd6f0e6022998bd1dd5bbb54.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Whoever uses that fix please do understand that there are some very major bugs/exploits in automatic that can be used to make you loose a lot. People have lost over 500 keys in the last bit alone due to that :/ So yeah the risk is on you.