backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

On 6/13/2017 at 10:06 PM, Hello661 said:

I recently put up some sell orders on backpack.tf and when someone went to buy it, the bot declined it said, "Invalid items or something like that, but when the manually checked the trade everything was right. Any ideas on why this happens?

Im getting this same error.

Hello, i recently my bot accepted trade, where items what matched the metal price were accepted. I thought automatic accepts only pure. If it does not only accept pure, then how can i make the bot accept pure only?

6 minutes ago, Zoren said:

Hello, i recently my bot accepted trade, where items what matched the metal price were accepted. I thought automatic accepts only pure. If it does not only accept pure, then how can i make the bot accept pure only?

Can you explain this thoroughly? Because I dont get what youre saying... because wouldn't that be a buy order?

13 minutes ago, phenompak said:

Can you explain this thoroughly? Because I dont get what youre saying... because wouldn't that be a buy order?

Oh sorry for my bad explanation. I made a sell order for earbuds (1 key 23.88 ref). Automatic bot got offer where was offered 1 key(pure) and 24 ref(in items). Bot accepted that. Is it normal and if it is normal how can i make bot accept pure only?

1 hour ago, Zoren said:

Oh sorry for my bad explanation. I made a sell order for earbuds (1 key 23.88 ref). Automatic bot got offer where was offered 1 key(pure) and 24 ref(in items). Is it normal and if it is normal how can i make bot accept pure only?

np, but that isnt normal.... do you have the log of the bot accepting the offer?

Also i saw that automatic has problems with accepting some other trades too. I tried to buy buds for 1 key 23.22 ref. When i got offer : 52.88 ref for earbuds, the automatic didnt accept it :

erbuds.png

I got same problem as i mentioned before now with selling keys. i sell keys for 29.66 ref and when i got the offer of exact ammount i asked for, automatic skipped it!

Had to accept it myself .-.

key problems.png

25 minutes ago, Zoren said:

-snip-

Hmmm, crucial bugs, just wait for jesse to see these, and maybe he can fix. Ill share on discord too

30 minutes ago, Zoren said:

I got same problem as i mentioned before now with selling keys. i sell keys for 29.66 ref and when i got the offer of exact ammount i asked for, automatic skipped it!

Had to accept it myself .-.

key problems.png

btw this one, sometimes steam has problems and causes this to happen, so it isnt a big deal.

Just now, phenompak said:

btw this one, sometimes steam has problems and causes this to happen, so it isnt a big deal.

Oh okay, ty for help!

1 minute ago, phenompak said:

and the 52.88 one, make sure in config, this is set to true. 

gw9LJ7P.png

When i open the bot then it says currency exchange is disabled due a vulnerability. Should i ignore it?

vunr.png

Just now, Zoren said:

When i open the bot then it says currency exchange is disabled due a vulnerability. Should i ignore it?

vunr.png

oh.. yeah, you should keep it disabled. I forgot about that. 

3 minutes ago, Zoren said:

Currency exchange was disabled, so keys-for-metal and metal-for-keys trades won't be accepted automatically. You should avoid using automatic for that kind of trades until it gets fixed.

9 minutes ago, K1ng said:

Currency exchange was disabled, so keys-for-metal and metal-for-keys trades won't be accepted automatically. You should avoid using automatic for that kind of trades until it gets fixed.

Okay!

Thanks for the help!

2nd Time Trying to ask the same question. Hoping for a reply this time.

Backpack.tf Automatic Buy Orders.

If we enable Backpack.tf Automatic Buying. What is the Limit of Buy Orders. Will it keep buying an item till the listing is up or Can we fix the limit on buying an item.

5 minutes ago, Bunny said:

2nd Time Trying to ask the same question. Hoping for a reply this time.

Backpack.tf Automatic Buy Orders.

If we enable Backpack.tf Automatic Buying. What is the Limit of Buy Orders. Will it keep buying an item till the listing is up or Can we fix the limit on buying an item.

There is no limit for buy orders until you run out of currencies.

So, we would have to remove our classified listing if we want to stop buying that item or it would keep buying that item till it runs out of keys or metal. Right?

Weirdest thing just happened. 

A guy traded my bot for a Bills hat, he added the correct amount of metal and 1 key, but after the bot accepted he didnt get the key, only got the metal.

Has anybody ever seen this type of thing? 

I gave him the key back by the way

Just now, ☞SH☜ Dr. Psychotic said:

Weirdest thing just happened. 

A guy traded my bot for a Bills hat, he added the correct amount of metal and 1 key, but after the bot accepted he didnt get the key, only got the metal.

Has anybody ever seen this type of thing? 

I gave him the key back by the way

He must have sent 2 trade offers, the one without the key first?

19 hours ago, Woifilicious said:

He must have sent 2 trade offers, the one without the key first?

You were correct. The other was buried under tons of other trades. 

Guy made a mistake and didn't add the key to the trade. He panicked and called my bot a scammer. At least he got his key back, but I did make him feel bad for calling me and my bot a scammer as it was his mistake and he seems to be a well versed trader.

On a side note, does anybody here know when this issue will be looked at? Its a very Major issue for me and my bots and it seems to be for others as well.

• Like 1