backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Well, having buy orders would be nice. 

To be honest, automated buying traders like you Spirit, kinda make the trading worse for others. Same as do automatic sellers against those who don't use it. But anyone can set-up an automatic, even if they don't know a thing about programming. But for buying, that wasn't much possible (aside trade.tf). But normal trader simply can't compare with a 24/7 automatic working buying/selling system. When I see a bot spamming both sides on bp.tf - buying for a price, and selling for a price, clogging both of the pages, I don't like it. The only way to beat it is to simply go lower/higher. But it is ok, as it cleans the market and sets a new. "more correct" price, since if someone "quicksells too much" the new quicksell is the new right price.

So by making it available to anyone (via bp.tf for buy orders) is a way to remove this difference. Why would it crash the tf2 economy? Only the prices will be more right. More correct. As went australiums up, when buy orders went created. And I believe that's the goal of bp.tf in the end - to show correct prices :-) 

• Like 1

Well, everyone having buy orders would be nice?

To be honest, automated buying traders like me, do make it worse for others. You are correct, I am glad you have seen my point.

Normal trader cannot compare. Automated trading does show the true value of an item, this is true. But honestly i do enjoy the fake value items more =P

By making it available to anyone, is a way to ruin trading for everyone =P If we are all able to auto trade, then no one is able to trade at all.

And so everything will be purchased and then sold for .11 more, just because everyone wants to make profit.

And eventually nobody will make any profit in trade servers because why would you pay .33 more when u can get it from a bot for just .11 more.

Why would anyone want to trade anymore.... for a .11 profit.

Bots should be a convenience, not a priority.

Hey,

so i did all the previous steps. I installed an older version of the steamguard app and so on but i keep getting the exact same error message if i run it as administrator:

https://gyazo.com/0297b4197ce9995bc88daeafbd384a0d

and the following one if i run the runme normal:

https://gyazo.com/66aeba61ff2409507528c8692f8a1965

And after several hours of trying to get it working, i have no clue what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

you might need the newest version of adb you can download it here http://fluttershy.noip.me/home/upload/8ad725aa419dbb4e70e58eb56cc17e95/platform-tools.rarput them into the old folder and yes ofc replace the files... however sicne you didnt give too much information i cant tell if this will solve your problems since i dont even know your android version or anything i just assumed that you are on idk something like 6.0 if not (e.g. if you are on like 4.something) this shouldnt help at all.

Android version 6.0.1

I tried it with the new adb version, but the problem remains the same. Backup password is set aswell and i tried it with the old steamguard version aswell as the new one, but somehow the error stays the same and so far i got never asked about the backup password.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, this works if you don't wish to root your phone

jesus, do people still keep their phones not rooted these days?

I mean, you could just download root explorer and just type in "steamguard" and click that .txt file popping up, and here you go, find indentity_secret and voila. Simplier couldnt be.

LOGICALLY THINKING< this should work about method without having root. Find a way to backup your steam software app.

If aegamesi will summon anytime with his ice client, i will ask him to add feature to enable authenticator in phone. And sure get ability to get those secrets and stuff would get more useful and sure no root. Well, we will see.

Also if people still dont know, so if you have desktop authenticator and mobile authenticator you can make both enabled and make them working at the same time, making same codes.

nfc8xQO.jpg

Seams like this way stopped working on the newest android version with the newest version of the steam app!

[Guide] How to get your shared secret from android 4.x and up WITHOUT ROOT! (Steam Mobile) v1.3

https://youtu.be/1rby7r2Z7qo

Step 1 :: Preparing

• download a copy of adb(android debug bridge comes with android sdk) for your android version aswell as android backup extractor i made a prepared rar archive you can get it here
  • extract the files of the rar archive anywhere on your pc e.g. desktop
  • enable usb debugging on your phone (it might be different for your device/android version example here)
  • connect your phone to your pc using a usb cable
  • you also need Java installed. so if its not installed install it ;) however most pcs have that already
  • (optional) check if adb is working using the command adb devices (if a device shows up its working)
  • for some phones you have to install usb drivers first just google for it if needed
Step 2 :: Create a Backup of your Steam App
  • run "run me.bat"
  • confirm that you want to backup the steam app on your phone (as written in the console window)
  • open steam.tar (i used winrar) your steamguard file should be inside \apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f extract it
Step 3 :: Setting up your bp.tf Automatic
  • open your Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID file with any texteditor you like
  • you will find something like "identity_secret":"kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=" in the middle of the file. in this example the identity secret would be kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=
  • start backpack.tf automatic as usual. after its all loaded and you are logged in run the command identity_secret YOURIDENTITYSECRET directly in the automatic console. in our example it would be

identity_secret kjv2654uo76v21698936fhn3161fd5=

• afaik backpack automatic is a little bugged you have to put it in there every single time you start the bot! => Fix
Step 4 :: ???

Step 5 :: Profit!

Troubleshooting!

anti virus is poping up and no steam.tar file is generated

• your antivirus software might prevents the extractor from creating the file. yes that happened to someone before. just disable your antivirus and start again
1 line: 'adb' is no recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
  • you didnt extract all files from the rar archive. make sure all files are in the same folder. just keep the folder structure from the rar archive
1/3 line: adb: unable to connect for backup

you device is not reachable for adb. there are many reasons which can cause that error.

• Make sure you are running at least android version 4.0 (you can check that in the settings app) this guide does not work with android below 4.0!
  • you may don't have usb-debugging enabled on your phone
  • you may need to install usb drivers for your phone
  • maybe this or this video will help you
whatever java error.(you can check if this is your problem by checking if you have a tmp folder and if you have a 0KB file named steam.ab in there (should be the case if you are using android version 5.0 or higher))
  • it doesn't seam to be working on the newest version of the steam app anymore if you use a very new android version
  • your device doesn't allow backups WITHOUT password. so you have to put a password on your phone when its asking about the backup
  • to extract it rightclick the runme file and put the password at the long line at the end (make sure you put a space between it)
  • you will also have to install whatever java extension. the console will tell you where to download it from
if you still are having problems feel free to add me or just write in this thread

Will this work if i use a android tablet?

and following the vid, does everyhthng come included in the file i have to download? (e.g. adb etc)

I have a lot of questions.

How can I use this if I have with the confirmations enabled?

And can I bank items? I don't understand how to use it properly, and I would like to bank.

And does the bot decline offers than don't match the price? I prefer to decline them manually.

I have a lot of questions.

How can I use this if I have with the confirmations enabled?

And can I bank items? I don't understand how to use it properly, and I would like to bank.

And does the bot decline offers than don't match the price? I prefer to decline them manually.

1. Identity secret thing or SDA

2. Define "bank". No, you can't use automated buy orders for various reasons.

3. No, simply skips them, so you can decide.

1. Identity secret thing or SDA

2. Define "bank". No, you can't use automated buy orders for various reasons.

3. No, simply skips them, so you can decide.

ok thanks.

And does the bot auto bump into backpack.tf listings?

Or why the things I want to buy don't have the lightning symbol?

ok thanks.

And does the bot auto bump into backpack.tf listings?

Or why the things I want to buy don't have the lightning symbol?

Backpack.tf Automatic does not automatically bump your backpack.tf listings.

Buying items will not use the lightning symbol, because backpack.tf automatic does not support automated buying.

Even if you group your backpack.tf automatic up with trade.tf bot, and are capable of automatically purchasing a select few items, the lightning symbol wont appear.

Hey, its me again :)

I have a question about how to get the identity secret key without jailbreaking in an Iphone.

If anybody knows I would be very pleased of a proper explanation.

Thanks ;)

Hey, its me again :)

I have a question about how to get the identity secret key without jailbreaking in an Iphone.

If anybody knows I would be very pleased of a proper explanation.

Thanks ;)

okay lol

u cant

period

only from a root andriod phone 

or with a android tablet as im tring to do

I extracted the key from my iPhone a week ago. When did they change it?

edit. According to AppStore, last update was release on June 10th.

I keep extracting from android 24/7 (not the same method)

I am not sure if steam is trying to prevent users from performing such operations, or to just prevent such simple access to the information, in order to lower risks.

I guess Valve recently has disallowed backup on non rooted Android 6 installs. I had to use Steam Desktop Authenticator  https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator . Incurred a 7 day trade hold. Automatic is working again. 

I have this problem and if I want to use steam desktop authenticator I must remove the authenticator from my phone what should I do?