backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

So I've recently installed this, but somewhy it doesn't automatically accept.
What should I do? (I'm using Steam Desktop Authenticator if that matters)

DId you enter your identity_secret in the automatic bot? after logging into the automatic bot you need to type in identity_secret and then enter your 28 digit code that ends with =
Look for  the .maFile located in SteamDesktopAuthenticator folder in maFiles folder. Open it with Notepad. 

DId you enter your identity_secret in the automatic bot? after logging into the automatic bot you need to type in identity_secret and then enter your 28 digit code that ends with =
Look for  the .maFile located in SteamDesktopAuthenticator folder in maFiles folder. Open it with Notepad. 

I did not :P Heh, thanks a lot!

I put some kind of code and this appeared:

identity_secret saved. ALL trade confirmations will be automatically accepted.

Still not accepting automatically

Everything works correctly, except the .tar file comes up empty. I've tried getting the newest version, tried doing it manually, but every time it's the same result, a 1kb file that has nothing in it when I open the archive/try to extract it.

What do D:

What android version are you on? I think Valve changed the apps permissions on non rooted phones for 6.0 . "adb backup -all" wouldn't backup the valve folder but would backup other allowed apps. And attempting to single out the app with "adb backup -noapk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/f/" would return a 1k file that was corrupt.  I installed helium and attempted to access the apps files  and it popped up with a message that basically said Valve wont allow the folder to be read or backed-up. So i gather that on the 13th the newest steam app update changed things.  

whenever i try to run it now the steam.rar it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Whats the size of the .rar ?

is there any fix yet?

You got asked questions trying to help you. Cant help til those get answered.

What version android are you on?

What size was the steam.tar or backup.ab ?

Hey, I'm having problems with my bot. It worked yesterday, turned off my computer and now it doesn't seem to work. It says I'm logged into steam and everything, but this keeps showing up in:

warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 405), trying again in 60 seconds

Hey, I'm having problems with my bot. It worked yesterday, turned off my computer and now it doesn't seem to work. It says I'm logged into steam and everything, but this keeps showing up in:

warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 405), trying again in 60 seconds

Its a site issue that everyone is having, just have to wait for it to be fixed.

• Like 2

Alright, hate to look like an ass, but I'm having a horrible time trying to set up the automatic bot on my Mac.

This is what I get if I do the 'easy install' (clicking on automatic.bat) in Terminal:

Last login: Sun May  1 19:20:19 on ttys000

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf\ bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat ; exit;

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 1: @ECHO: command not found

module.js:327

throw err;

^

'rror: Cannot find module '/Users/Ned/automatic.js

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:441:10)

at startup (node.js:139:18)

at node.js:968:3

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 3: IF: command not found

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/autom: command not foundause

/Users/Ned/Desktop/backpack.tf bot/backpack.tf-automatic-1.2.4-all/automatic.bat: line 5: :QUIT: command not found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

It appears that it can't find my automatic.js file, even though it is in the exact same folder as the automatic.bat file is. Everything is in a custom folder located in Desktop.

Any suggestions why this doesn't work?

EDIT: This is what the folder looks like:

3b95757938cf408551b2fe0a00ac3958.png

Hello guys, can u help me ? I dont know what happen...

I have Htc desire 820, I dont have root and I have steam mobile ver. 2.1.5 form Google Play

I from Poland and me english is not perfect.. :/

http://imgur.com/GHmC5Qe

steam.tar have 1kb. This don't work :(

I can't find folder (steamguard-"steamID") on adb. How views all folders in location ? "dir" is not work

http://imgur.com/YzncFvx

edit:

I have command to folder contents, but when I dont have root I cant look ? 

http://imgur.com/QC1N5HF

I dont know, pls Help :(

So, the confirmation error seems to be back for me when steam is busy.

It just happens that time from time, bp.tf automatic stopps confirming after some time it's on. It just accepts the offers, then it waits. Simply restarting always accepts all pending confirms instantly after.

So, what I would like to see added:

a) command "restart" that would simply restart it, without closing it and opening it manually. 

B) the bot removes bp.tf classifieds when an offer is accepted, no matter if it is confirmed. So it happened today to me that I had to put item for sale 3 times (!), because someone "bought it", bot failed to accept, then metal got used (= trade inavailable) and the item is not being sold anymore. So I propose it would remove listing only when the item is really no longer in inventory or after confirmations. 

So, the confirmation error seems to be back for me when steam is busy.

I dont know what causes this either. The fix for me is ass-backwards. I just dont let the bot remember my credentials ( password or identity_secret ) . Problem solved for me. Hope this can help.

So anyone have solved this error? the steam.tar have only 1kb and is broken can't extract. same problem when I use password or not

8dSI2pm.png4ASRMtG.png66tbBgZ.png

So anyone have solved this error? the steam.tar have only 1kb and is broken can't extract. same problem when I use password or not

If the backup.ab or steam.tar is 1kb ,  the backup didnt work properly. Are you  Android 6.0+ and not rooted?

If the backup.ab or steam.tar is 1kb ,  the backup didnt work properly. Are you  Android 6.0+ and not rooted?

nope my android it's  lower than 6.0, but this is strange l mean I used this method before and it worked... but now l get the key from a windowsauthenticator I have to wait seven days to return to normal trades and see if it worked, thanks for reply and try help me. but one more question that stuck in my head, android lower than 6.0 don't work any more?  :huh:

It could be that you didnt have the proper version of adb installed. Try using a different version. As for if the win auth works , try putting something up on the auction house. if it auto confirms it works.