backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

When I open automatic.bat it shows the following error message

Try to re-install from the full package in a new folder, you can move over your settings.json so you don't need to re-authenticate

I suck. I installed node.js, then I downloaded the latest package and put it in c:\x\y\z

Then I ran CMD as an admin, cd c:\x\y\z 

enter

then I typed npm install and got

Error: ENONET, stat c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\npm'

edit tried it in the node.js command prompt, as admin, same thing.

EDIT: Put all the download files directly in to  \roaming\npm\ (had to make npm) and now I get this

kYLkcE5.png

If you search google for this error, you'll see that npm is bugged and fails to create the folder listed. Manually create the c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\npm folder and you should be ok. If it doesn't work for you, just get the full package ^_^

Kitteh.exe: http://imgur.com/UMwLR0B If I press any key it closes

ÏŸ [⇄] ÏŸ  Kollin  ÏŸ [⇄] ÏŸ: I never had that problem before so I honestly don't know. Post that screenie in the thread about it and Cares will help you.

Listening to kollin senpai, I've tried like 9 times with all versions.
Also, I believe I have everything installed that needs to be.

Won't run for me. :s Running it in Ubuntu.

colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ npm install
[email protected] node_modules/steam-tradeoffers
├── [email protected]
├── [email protected] ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])
└── [email protected] ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])
colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ node bot.js

module.js:356
  Module._extensions[extension](this, filename);
                               ^
Error: /home/colors/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic/node_modules/steam/node_modules/protobuf/build/Release/protobuf_for_node.node: invalid ELF header
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/colors/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic/node_modules/steam/lib/steam_client.js:2:14)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ 

Kitteh.exe: http://imgur.com/UMwLR0B If I press any key it closes

ÏŸ [⇄] ÏŸ  Kollin  ÏŸ [⇄] ÏŸ: I never had that problem before so I honestly don't know. Post that screenie in the thread about it and Cares will help you.

Listening to kollin senpai, I've tried like 9 times with all versions.
Also, I believe I have everything installed that needs to be.

http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.32/x64/node-v0.10.32-x64.msi

Won't run for me. :s Running it in Ubuntu.

colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ npm install
[email protected] node_modules/steam-tradeoffers
├── [email protected]
├── [email protected] ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])
└── [email protected] ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected])
colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ node bot.js

Module._extensions[extension](this, filename);
                               ^
Error: /home/colors/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic/node_modules/steam/node_modules/protobuf/build/Release/protobuf_for_node.node: invalid ELF header
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/colors/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic/node_modules/steam/lib/steam_client.js:2:14)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
colors@colors-desktop:~/Downloads/backpacktf_automatic$ 

Don't download the full package if you're not running windows, build from the source instead. The full package is for windows only.

That tutorial guy skipped all ursa needed things. Followed his tutorial and node gave me ursa's errors.

I need to know how i can auto-bump my classifieds without using auto refresher and do it only through that automatic script (if even possible).

I quit the program and tried to start it again, but got "logon fail: 20"

Then I downloaded the full package 0.0.13b and get this when starting it:

<botpath>>node bot
17:36:30 - info: backpack.tf automatic v0.0.13 starting
17:36:30 - info: Monday, October 20th, 2014
: Steam username:  (<username>) <username>
: Steam password (hidden):
: Save password to file? (plain text):  (no)
17:36:46 - info: Connecting to Steam...
17:36:46 - debug: steam: connecting to 146.66.152.15:27018
17:36:46 - info: Settings saved to settings.json
17:36:46 - debug: steam: connected
17:36:46 - debug: steam: encrypt request
17:36:47 - debug: steam: handshake complete
17:36:48 - info: Connected to Steam on Monday, October 20th, 2014

And then nothing happens. No heartbeat and messages about trade offers that I got before. My classifieds also do not reflect that  the site knows that I have the bot running.

Edit: Spoiler alert: after Brad Pitt sent me some versions that give more debug output, it turns out that having family view enabled caused my problem.

I quit the program and tried to start it again, but got "logon fail: 20"

Then I downloaded the full package 0.0.13b and get this when starting it:

And then nothing happens. No heartbeat and messages about trade offers that I got before. My classifieds also do not reflect that  the site knows that I have the bot running.

It's connected to steam, but hasn't authenticated on steam web yet, so probably an issue with steam at that point, give it some time. Once it connects to steam web it will let you know and start sending heartbeats.

That tutorial guy skipped all ursa needed things. Followed his tutorial and node gave me ursa's errors.

I need to know how i can auto-bump my classifieds without using auto refresher and do it only through that automatic script (if even possible).

The guy using the tutorial is using the full package, the only requirement is to install OpenSSL if you go that route. If you're not on windows then you can't use the "lazy" route. As for auto-bump, that's probably something we should do but isn't a feature yet.

It's connected to steam, but hasn't authenticated on steam web yet, so probably an issue with steam at that point, give it some time. Once it connects to steam web it will let you know and start sending heartbeats.

I just tried again. It's been 7 minutes since the same messages appeared in the log that I also posted earlier. I am logged in with the regular client simultaneously. Is that a problem?

The bot still authenticates and logs in just fine with my test account that I'm not logged in with in the regular client.

I just tried again. It's been 7 minutes since the same messages appeared in the log that I also posted earlier. I am logged in with the regular client simultaneously. Is that a problem?

The bot still authenticates and logs in just fine with my test account that I'm not logged in with in the regular client.

I'm logged in to steam + bot 24/7 and it's never a problem for me. The next line should be "Offer handling ready" which indicates steam web is authenticated. If nothing comes out, we'd need to do some troubleshooting and add some additional logging. try replacing node_modules/steam/lib/handlers/user.js with this: http://pastebin.com/LEUTHmse and see what it spits out.

Some stats about the bot, as of right now:

• 45 users have ran the bot with their account
  • 34 of those have sold at least 1 item automatically (And earned the lightning fast badge :D)
  • 1259 trades were completed successfully

Considering this thread is almost empty, I'd say it was a lot more easier to setup than I thought it would be for those who did!

I wonder how many users know that bp automatic exists. I am using bp everyday and noticed this feature 2 days ago... ehh...

Hello, I get an error after that I enter my username and password:

Error: The specified module could not be found.

After that a bunch of scripting ended up saying "Press any key to continue".

Can someone help me with it?

Hello, I get an error after that I enter my username and password:

Error: The specified module could not be found.

After that a bunch of scripting ended up saying "Press any key to continue".

Can someone help me with it?

https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic

scroll down to the very bottom of the page and read, lol

not use your backpack tf automatic for not gift my password

what

Download the pre-packaged latest version at https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic/downloads

nice try, but no

Found it!

Do i need to have the console open for it to work? Or even do i have to have my computer on???

Yes and yes, programs don't magically run when computers are offline. :D