backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Well, I got that issue on both computers I use it on. Latest version of automatic, but when the session drops, there is no confirmations after for some reason. 

And I don't mean the time when confirms won't work because steam is laggy and won't respond - tested that already. It's some sort of bug for me.

Edit: so today it stopped confirming even without html session being lost. It just sopped confirming (after around 30 mins.)

Checking on mobile app - the confirms showed up after a bit (some steam connect errors before), but the app just didn't confirm. Waited for about 10 mins - nothing.

So I restarted it. And it accepted all confirms on start.

uhm iv a Small problem

1 Time use (tryed server)

user name? ...ok

Pass... ok

captcha???? captcha on a console, how?

Yeah when I type adb devices in command prompt I get 

"List of devices attached"

"adb sever is out of date. killing...."

"* daemon started successfully"

"LGLS9911a3e3925 device"

Also when I look at device manager or windows explorer it shows it as connected as my G4 and that is if I'm connected as (PTP) or (MTP). 

Yes I have Marshmallow Android 6.0. 

So when I'm editing the runme.bat where would the password go?

@echo off
adb backup -f .\tmp\steam.ab -apk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community
java -jar android-backup-extractor-20151102-bin\abe.jar unpack .\tmp\steam.ab steam.tar
echo Done, now Open steam.tar (with Winrar/7zip) and go to apps\com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community\f and extract Steamguard-YOURSTEAMID open this with Notepad++/sublimetext or any other text editor to get your identity secret
pause

Was having the same issue and my fix was using a different version of ADB.

I used this installer. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979.

Then manually backed up the files using cmd with: adb backup -noapk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/f/ 

I didnt have to use a password when backing up on a NON encrypted fresh install of android 6.0.  

After backing up phone files manually run abd.jar using: java -jar abe.jar unpack <file.ab> <unpackname.tar> .

Hope this helps. 

Was having the same issue and my fix was using a different version of ADB.

I used this installer. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979.

Then manually backed up the files using cmd with: adb backup -noapk com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community/f/ 

I didnt have to use a password when backing up on a NON encrypted fresh install of android 6.0.  

After backing up phone files manually run abd.jar using: java -jar abe.jar unpack <file.ab> <unpackname.tar> .

Hope this helps. 

Yeah it definitely helped, thanks, however when I get my backup.ab file downloaded, using abd.jar won't find the file to convert it to a .tar. 

I get an error that says unable to access jarfile abe.jar

Thoughts on where to go from here?

Yeah it definitely helped, thanks, however when I get my backup.ab file downloaded, using abd.jar won't find the file to convert it to a .tar. 

I get an error that says unable to access jarfile abe.jar

Thoughts on where to go from here?

Open up the backuphelper that you unziped and  copy the .ab file into the same folder as the abe.jar files

Now we need to open a cmd FROM the location where abe.jar is. press ctrl + shift and right-click  ( in the blank space of the folder ) with abe.jar  and select open command window here.

In the new cmd window opened type in:   java -jar abe.jar unpack backupname.ab unpackname.tar

That should make a new .tar file named unpackname.tar in the same folder thats open. 

Open up the backuphelper that you unziped and  copy the .ab file into the same folder as the abe.jar files

Now we need to open a cmd FROM the location where abe.jar is. press ctrl + shift and right-click  ( in the blank space of the folder ) with abe.jar  and select open command window here.

In the new cmd window opened type in:   java -jar abe.jar unpack backupname.ab unpackname.tar

That should make a new .tar file named unpackname.tar in the same folder thats open. 

I'm having a error with all bot i have.

i cannot connet to the steam network or get the api key.

any answers?

Try starting over from scratch.

it showed an error in accepting, probably the trade bugged - steam issue. In that case usually the trade offer gets invalid. If it's still pending though, it will usually remove the bp.tf listing, so bot would ingore it afterward.  

Hello everyone,

I recently installed this software and it has not really done that much yet (because i've not had it on alot. I am sortof scared to use it. Due to the fact it looks so... simple. and i have the feeling it might harm something)

But I have a question (which most likely has been asked before), does this bot only see a trade when someone actually buys something from the bp.tf website? 

Or does it also accept if they click on the trade offer link in for example tf2outpost and put in the correct amount of metals?

Much love,

Paté!

does this bot only see a trade when someone actually buys something from the bp.tf website? 

Or does it also accept if they click on the trade offer link in for example tf2outpost and put in the correct amount of metals?

Only the listed amount on backpack.tf sell orders. So if you list 1 item  for 10 Ref, 9 Ref wont trigger at all. Other sites wont give you any issues.  Bot will auto confirm Steam Community Market listings, and any trade offers  YOU send(if using identity_secret).

Only the listed amount on backpack.tf sell orders. So if you list 1 item  for 10 Ref, 9 Ref wont trigger at all. Other sites wont give you any issues.  Bot will auto confirm Steam Community Market listings, and any trade offers  YOU send(if using identity_secret).

Thanks for the quick response!!

Out of your post I can read that it also instantly accepts market listings, that is great. I didn't even expect it to be able to do that. Thanks for telling that.

And yes I do have identify_secret on. I turned it on before I was even sure that my program was actually accepting trades. I am so happy with this software!!

Now two last things.. If I turn the program off, will it remember the identify_secret code?

And, when I turn the program on, it shows a "remember login? (no)" is there a way to set this to "Remember login? (yes)" so I don't need to login every time I turn the program on?

Now two last things.. If I turn the program off, will it remember the identify_secret code?

And, when I turn the program on, it shows a "remember login? (no)" is there a way to set this to "Remember login? (yes)" so I don't need to login every time I turn the program on?

It will only remember the code if you have the John C fix listed in prior posts in this thread. I think you can tell it to remember login with yes when it prompts on first startup. Try making a new config by backing up current and running the program again to generate a new one.(I think it does that )

Hello once again,

Everything was running fine untill I got the following error:

"Error: Cannot check escrow duration for offer #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Malformed response"

I checked around in this thread and it seems like it has not been fixed yet.. (as far as I can tell)

http://imgur.com/0j33atq <screenshot of the error

And, about the John C fix.. It brings me to a weird website but, it doesn't tell what I am supposed to do.

I do not have a clue how I can put his fix in my files..

Hello all!

I have just started using this but I can not seem to get it to auto confirm it on my phone. I have installed all the drivers and have debugging on. Once i run the run me bat. I get this...WdmaHxs.pngoxZSsbP.png9m9v8b4.png

But I do not get any pop ups on my phone neither do I get the steam.tar zip. My phone that I use is LG G4 running the latest version. If theres anyone who knows whats wrong please tell me what I should do to fix it. Thanks

Edited by Deztroyer l trade.tf

Thanks that made it work but It still doesn't auto confirm even after I do the identity_secret thing. Any help?

Edit:I found out what i did wrong I put in the shared secret instead of identity secret 

well sry i have to rewrite my guide however on the newest version of android you also need the newestversion of adb just download this and replace the files in the folder you downlaoded before after this it should work btw you dont have to put a password better use no password since its easier

Everything works correctly, except the .tar file comes up empty. I've tried getting the newest version, tried doing it manually, but every time it's the same result, a 1kb file that has nothing in it when I open the archive/try to extract it.

What do D:

So I've recently installed this, but somewhy it doesn't automatically accept.

What should I do? (I'm using Steam Desktop Authenticator if that matters)

15:25:30 - info: backpack.tf Automatic v1.2.4 starting

15:25:31 - info: Logging into Steam with oAuth token

15:25:31 - info: Logged into Steam!

15:25:33 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

15:25:33 - verbose: Setting Trade Offer Manager cookies.

15:25:34 - info: Trade manager ready to go.

15:25:34 - verbose: 0 incoming offers (0 on hold), 0 sent offers (0 on hold)

15:30:33 - verbose: Heartbeat sent to backpack.tf.

15:33:49 - info: [u:1:171193410] Incoming offer #1169519842 from 765611981314591

15:33:53 - trade: [u:1:171193410] Everything in offer #1169519842 looks good, ac

cepting

15:33:53 - trade: [u:1:171193410] Offer #1169519842 - Asked: 2.66 metal (Taunt:

Party Trick). Offered: 2.66 metal (Refined Metal x2, Reclaimed Metal x2).

15:33:55 - trade: [u:1:171193410] Offer #1169519842 successfully accepted; confi

rmation required