Oops! Something went wrong!

[#4-TICKETS-0104]

You are not allowed to view this ticket

thanks.  here it is:

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

for crates that contain repeat stranges: http://backpack.tf/stats/5022/6/57

bacon grease (used up): http://backpack.tf/stats/5068/6/50

crates with items in the drop system: http://backpack.tf/stats/5022/6/1

I love the idea, but using the number of existing items is an inaccurate/misleading way of doing it.  It may just need to be abandoned.

False. It gives "estimated drop rates" from owners of "some trade servers"

right.  I would suggest simply having no percentages.  Just list the contents.

• 1 month later...

I'll have to disagree. It says 

These numbers are not 100% accurate; % drop is based on items that still exist in backpacks. Items that have been crafted away or used cannot be counted.

So it makes sense how it is. I think it's kinda useful is you know how to interpret them, which is pretty easy. 

sorry for comic sans

I think it's kinda useful is you know how to interpret them

What use is there for this information?  Interpret Crate #1 for an example, please.

What use is there for this information?  Interpret Crate #1 for an example, please.

Not with all crates. But it's useful for some. Take crate #30 for example.

3ABXg.png

From this you can determine that all items have about the same chance of coming from the crate. 

But I agree that it's ridiculous with some series of crates. I don't think it should be removed, though, but on crates with strange parts it's also pretty bad.

Not with all crates. But it's useful for some. Take crate #30 for example.

I might be wrong, but I think the salvaged crates (except #50) and special crates (robo, summer) are the only ones for which it is accurate at all.  Any old crates have weapons and paints that are scewed because of the drop system, stranges got re-introduced, strange parts and bacon grease get used, hats were crafted before being in crates.  It's just way off far more often than it is accurate.

I might be wrong, but I think the salvaged crates (except #50) and special crates (robo, summer) are the only ones for which it is accurate at all.  Any old crates have weapons and paints that are scewed because of the drop system, stranges got re-introduced, strange parts and bacon grease get used, hats were crafted before being in crates.  It's just way off far more often than it is accurate.

I agree. I also fail to think of a time when it is actually more reasonable to use that than to go to the TF2 Wiki and look it up there. 

Archived