Website Guidelines Discussion

cleverpun

Thank goodness. Although one of the hyperlinks in the suggestion guidelines leads to the wrong link.

Set a time on it, similar to SourceOP to stop people skipping it, do a 60 seconds timer until they can continue through

I accepted them once, how can I re-read them?

Yeah I sort of accepted without reading like I usually do...how do I read that again?

I accepted them once, how can I re-read them?

Yeah I sort of accepted without reading like I usually do...how do I read that again?

When making a new suggestion there is a "Show Rules" link next to the "Save" button. I am asking Brad to add a new "Help" dropdown to the site navigation buttons

Ah alright found it.^^

I guess most people need some time before they get used the "suggest a new price thing" (one step more, no dropdown button anymore).

Edit: There is already the FAQ/HELP dropdown button (that's the word I was missing), maybe the rules should be included in it or as you said a new dropdown button called rules.

Edit2:

Thank goodness. Although one of the hyperlinks in the suggestion guidelines leads to the wrong link.

Yep no "how to spot quickbuyer" guide but the good suggestion guide 2 times.

When you make a new suggestion after accepting the rules (Only made one so far) it doesn't show any previous suggestions; however, when you submit it, they show up as normal.

This is more aimed at Brad:

Make the rules more easily accessible. Have them on the front page so people won't have trouble finding them. Also perhaps under a URL like backpack.tf/rules

This is more aimed at Brad:

Make the rules more easily accessible. Have them on the front page so people won't have trouble finding them. Also perhaps under a URL like backpack.tf/rules

I asked Brad to add a "help" dropdown to go along with all the other ones. He's busy with other things, though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

would anyone be opposed to some sort of required action being written in the body of the text?  for example, many surveys will have a question that simply says, "click answer C so that we know you actually read this".  thoughts on including something like "click the checkbox at the bottom corner of the page before agreeing" and not allowing the user to make a suggestion until he does so?

I only suggest this because from what I have been seeing, the guidelines aren't doing much to stop the bad suggestions.  It is great that they are there as a reference for those who actually read them, but it might be good to try to stop people from just skipping it.

would anyone be opposed to some sort of required action being written in the body of the text?  for example, many surveys will have a question that simply says, "click answer C so that we know you actually read this".  thoughts on including something like "click the checkbox at the bottom corner of the page before agreeing" and not allowing the user to make a suggestion until he does so?

I only suggest this because from what I have been seeing, the guidelines aren't doing much to stop the bad suggestions.  It is great that they are there as a reference for those who actually read them, but it might be good to try to stop people from just skipping it.

Actually, from personal experience, proofless, textless suggestions took a sharp downturn from the very moment the guidelines were implemented. Having a captcha or checkbox won't really deter people from ignoring them.

Actually, from personal experience, proofless, textless suggestions took a sharp downturn from the very moment the guidelines were implemented. Having a captcha or checkbox won't really deter people from ignoring them.

Yea, I noticed a ridiculous drop of free rep.

Archived