✔ P I X E L A T E D ✔

How to make your TF2Outpost trade stand out!

-You may have seen trades on TF2Outpost with bright colors and fancy text styles!
-Trades which have a load of views, comments and bookmarks?
-These trades, such as http://imgur.com/a/9zv8H, are using BB code; Which anyone can use! 

-=Make sure to remove the full stops I have used to be able to show the code!=-

1)  BB-Code

Bold Text  -> Made by simply having [b.] enter your text to make bold [/b.]   (Used for titles or/and important info!)
Underline ->  Made by having[u.]  enter your text to make underlined [/u.] (Used for titles or/and important info!)
Italics -> Made by using[i.]  enter your text to make italics  [/i.](Used for quotes!)
Strike-through -> Made by simply using[s.]  enter your text to strike-through [/s.](Used for crossing out info and/or crossing out old prices to show a sale!)

2) Color

Color codes is confusing at first, but there are websites out there, such as html-color-codes.info, which can have pre-made any color you want! But first we need to know how to use these colors!

•  The BB-code for color is:  [.color=.] followed by [/color.]
  •  Now we have the layout, after the = sign, you can add your color code. Click any color you see, and under the grid it will show the color code ready to be copy & pasted; paste this after the = sign. 
  • You should have a code looking like this [.color=#FF0000.] The text inside to color, in this case red [/color.]

3) Screenshots

Using screenshots is essential for high tier trades, such as unusual trades, when selling; it is always in your interest to show what you are selling at it's best!
Taking high quality screenshots of your item is generally completed in two ways.

In-game:

• The easiest way of showing off your item!
  • Built into steam already! 
  • By moving the camera angle, and placing your character facing a wall, you can create close ups!
  • No need for a image hoster!
  • Lacks customizability!
  • Limited in terms of graphics and editing! 
  • A example of a In-Game screenshot is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139918683

SFM

• Better photo's (Opinion based)
  • Involves downloading SFM (Source-Film-Maker)
  • Altered picture from in-game
  • Hard to learn
  • Requires use of a  Image Hoster ( etc. Imgur.com)
  • It is absolutely customizable, from the miscs to the direct position of the character!
  • A example of a SFM screenshot is: http://i.imgur.com/x0Eefgx.jpg

4) User Friendly

• Make sure your text is clear and easy to read!
  • Have a easy-to-follow layout!
  • Keep to 2-3 color's to avoid cluttering!
  • Always keep your notes as short as possible, use bullet-points and brackets for adding info!

What now?

You can now use your newly trained skills to wow the world of trades, stand out from the crowd with your own bright colors! 
A good practice is to copy your 'trade format' so you don't need to rewrite your BB-Code every time you create a new trade, just post in your old one and edit the info!

Any further questions you can comment or even add me

- Pixelated =)

Missed out a lot of stuff, please bare with me while I add to this. :P

"This technique involves downloading SFM (Source-Film-Maker) a free editing software designed by Vavle"

You mean Waffles ?

Don't forget, never put up a wall of metal/keys. Since it makes you look like a quick buyer.

And for the live of God, no paragraphs... Nothings a bigger turn off than a giant wall of shit I don't want to read.

Also don't try the. Be misleading, be completely straightforward.

How To Make Your Outpost Trade Look Like a Quickbuyer Trade, Hard-to-read, and Not Get Any Extra Trade Traffic

FTFY

Does this work on classifieds?

I know it doesn't, so specify it's for outpost.

Done

"This technique involves downloading SFM (Source-Film-Maker) a free editing software designed by Vavle"

You mean Waffles ?

Fixed the 'Vavle' misspelling, no idea what you mean by Waffles.

Don't forget, never put up a wall of metal/keys. Since it makes you look like a quick buyer.

And for the live of God, no paragraphs... Nothings a bigger turn off than a giant wall of shit I don't want to read.

Also don't try the. Be misleading, be completely straightforward.

Added bullet points, any other tips? Something doesn't look right, can't tell what though :3

I usually ignore all trades posted by donators and especially all trades with any kind of bb code. The more "pro" you look at trading, the less likely I am to get a good deal on a trade.

I prefer simple. 1 line of notes and a polite, "hi" and "thanks!" Simplicity is the key, in my opinion.

I usually ignore all trades posted by donators and especially all trades with any kind of bb code. The more "pro" you look at trading, the less likely I am to get a good deal on a trade.

I prefer simple. 1 line of notes and a polite, "hi" and "thanks!" Simplicity is the key, in my opinion.

No. This is the key:

Backpack_Mann_Co._Supply_Crate_Key.png

Keep it clean and simple

Separate items by type and go in price order (high to low)

And use bold but not to much.

No colors. They make it impossible to read your text. 

And dont donate past green. 

Blue - Noticeable but people tend to avoid them. But it makes it look like you will always have keys in stock. You also look greedy.  

Orange - Who even notice these guys? 

Green- Nice and noticeable color. Rich enough to donate and probably not as greedy blue.

Blue - Noticeable but people tend to avoid them. But it makes it look like you will always have keys in stock. You also look greedy.  

Orange - Who even notice these guys? 

Green- Nice and noticeable color. Rich enough to donate and probably not as greedy blue.

haha

When making a suggestion and looking on buyer trades, never click on a blue or orange guy

stick on the greens and whites

Works errytime

haha

When making a suggestion and looking on buyer trades, never click on a blue or orange guy

stick on the greens and whites

Works errytime

Thats why i dont donate past green. I get a lot more attention then if i were blue. 

I've really gotta disagree with the whole green/orange blue donation thing. I've been blue for over a year now, and get far more attention (and plenty of good offers) due in-part to me being blue. the fact that your trades bump every hour far outweighs any greediness related turn offs. 

I've really gotta disagree with the whole green/orange blue donation thing. I've been blue for over a year now, and get far more attention (and plenty of good offers) due in-part to me being blue. the fact that your trades bump every hour far outweighs any greediness related turn offs. 

How can you tell the difference if you've been blue for over a year? Trading has changed a lot in volume in the last year.

In any case, I know a lot of serious traders who will ignore any kind of donator.

How can you tell the difference if you've been blue for over a year? Trading has changed a lot in volume in the last year.

In any case, I know a lot of serious traders who will ignore any kind of donator.

I've got 2 alts--both of which are premium, but not full, and i get far more activity on my main. 

True, but the number of people who avoid donators vs. the additional number of people that will see your trade with hourly bumps rather than 2-hourly bumps is quite unbalanced in favor of faster bumps. 

I manually bump my trades every 30 mins

And I don't rely in autobump.

So for a person who will bump trades themselves avoiding blue will be good idea.

I manually bump my trades every 30 mins

And I don't rely in autobump.

So for a person who will bump trades themselves avoiding blue will be good idea.

Except that 8 hours while you're asleep makes a huge difference. On average i get 15~ adds a night and another 20~ offers, 10 of which are usually different than the adds vs. my alt which at most would get 5 adds and 2/3 offers. So blue is definitely worth it, especially if you can afford it. Plus you can get up to 25 trades (vs. 15/20 without it) which helps get even more offers.

I need some help. I got 20+ ref and want to expand into the key market flipping as opposed to ref market flipping

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/209092

any suggestions on how?

Don't....its not worth it.

Either get into Ref/key/bud-cash flipping, or stick to paints/hats/tools.

Don't....its not worth it.

Either get into Ref/key/bud-cash flipping, or stick to paints/hats/tools.

meant:

flipping ITEMS WORTH KEYS

not flipping keys

I guess I'm weird, I have never had loads of items, all of my wealth is on my first page, about 5 unusuals, small sweets and 3 bills

meant:

flipping ITEMS WORTH KEYS

not flipping keys

Yeah. I'm just getting in to this now, too. It's not as easy as I had thought. For poor-ish players like me, a key is a lot, and I gotta look through a lot of tf2outpost trades if I want to make sure I'm doing it for the right price.

Archived