Steam game dealers

BlaqkAudio

How do these people make a profit? I am sooooo confused as how they do it since all I see is:

- Negative money

- In the red

- HUGE loss over time...

For example, the game Frozen Synapse is currently on sale right now on the steam store for $4.99. People on outpost are selling them for <2 keys.

So let's say a copy of this game gets sold for 2 keys. This guy then sells those 2 keys for exactly $2.50 each on the community market. Minus taxes, he will only get ~$4.38. About $2.19 for each key. If this guy said that he will sell games on demand then he will constantly be losing 61 cents per transaction.

^So that was a scenario if a person would sell for 2 keys but....  http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19273217 << Selling for 1 key AND on demand!!!

how...? ._.

People usually can offer games as sweets to somewhat more expensive trades, and they don't want them, so they could quickbuy unwanted games, then sell at steam market prices.  Other than that I don't know.

A lot of games are about 50% cheaper in Russia/Czech Republic/Brazil than in America/most other places.

And then a lot of others--the really cheap ones especially--buy the games and then cancel the payment to steam--i.e. they get them for free. 

Interesting. Just went onto the Russian steam store and it seems like Frozen Synapse is going for $1.94 when converted from the Russian Rubles.

You guys think it's possible to get in on this? I remember once I made a European account on xbox live to get a deal that I couldn't get on the USA store. I was able to pay with Euros converted from Dollars via paypal. Not sure if it's possible this way through Paypal on steam possibly

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru

Russian store, see the frozen synapse in offer, 69 py6, that's aprox. 1.9 usd.

Selling for 1 key each leaves around ~0.3 usd of profit, demand is high for such price, multiplie that for 8 and you've made an 1 key profit. 

Yeah. Checked it out while I was writing my post.

Interesting. Just went onto the Russian steam store and it seems like Frozen Synapse is going for $1.94 when converted from the Russian Rubles.

You guys think it's possible to get in on this? I remember once I made a European account on xbox live to get a deal that I couldn't get on the USA store. I was able to pay with Euros converted from Dollars via paypal. Not sure if it's possible this way through Paypal on steam possibly

Yeah. Checked it out while I was writing my post.

You only need a vps located in the country of your choice. A cheap one costs less than 10 bucks a month.

You only need a vps located in the country of your choice. A cheap one costs less than 10 bucks a month.

Interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks! :D

I've bought six games from Russian sellers and half of them were deleted from my inventory due to some fraudulent payment method.

And it's cheaper to buy it from that region.

buy lots of games on sale, sell when it's not for full equivalent price (how has this not been said yet :u)

for example, two pack of super hexagon cost 29cents I think it was during the holiday sale last Christmas, game costs 2.49 normally  [uSD]

buy lots of games on sale, sell when it's not for full equivalent price (how has this not been said yet :u)

for example, two pack of super hexagon cost 29cents I think it was during the holiday sale last Christmas, game costs 2.49 normally  [uSD]

It hasn't been mentioned because we're talking about people that sell on demand. As in, they have none in their inventory. Once they have a buyer, they go out and buy the game from the store and then resell it to the buyer with keys. Turns out they might be buying the games from a Russian account or something

Archived