Just curious.

Private Pull

I'm really curious to see what the reason is, to me it doesn't make much sense but there is probably a good reason behind it so i want to know what it is. But here it goes:

Why is it that when suggesting a price for an unusual and you use a sell as proof, if the price of the items in the proof change why is it that the proof is valued as "less". I understand that the current value of the proof would have changed but when the transaction was made the value of it was higher and if the price goes up on the proof from when it was originally made then it should still remain equal to what it was once worth.

That would be like buying a painting worth $1,000,000 and then your economy collapses and all of a sudden your painting is worth like $1000. It doesn't really make sense that the price changes due to the price of the currency used. That would also be like selling a toy for $1 then your toy becoming worth $1,000,000. Your $1 still remains the same and it won't just magically become worth 1 million times as much because the toy was sold for $1,000,000.

But i am just curious to why that is. (Perhaps this isn't even how backpack.tf counts unusual hats, but idk. In which case i will look like a dumb ass.)

:P

If people are willing and do pay $100000 dollars for something you have it is worth $1000000 regardless of what you bought it for.

If people are willing and do pay $100000 dollars for something you have it is worth $1000000 regardless of what you bought it for.

true.

That is exactly why the proofs exist when setting a price. So people know what other people think about the price on said item. However, if some one bought the painting (lets say the Mona Lisa) with $1,000,000 worth of twinkies (theoretically) and the value of twinkies went down then it would be ridiculous to say that the Mona Lisa was worth $1000 now because the price of the twinkies had dropped down to $1000.

But, that still doesn't really explain why. And i am really curious. 

true.

That is exactly why the proofs exist when setting a price. So people know what other people think about the price on said item. However, if some one bought the painting (lets say the Mona Lisa) with $1,000,000 worth of twinkies (theoretically) and the value of twinkies went down then it would be ridiculous to say that the Mona Lisa was worth $1000 now because the price of the twinkies had dropped down to $1000.

But, that still doesn't really explain why. And i am really curious.

Let's say $1,000,000 worth of Twinkies = 500 Twinkies. And let's say each Twinkie =$1000 (No my math is not right I'm lazy lol) If the price of Twinkies drop, let's say now 500$ a Twinkie instead of $1000 a Twinkie. That means it no longer takes 500 Twinkies to Buy the Mona Lisa, but 1000 Twinkies (Again, theoretical numbers and not accurate) You're right, the Mona Lisa didn't lose value, it just takes more Twinkies to buy it now.

Dunno if I answered your question, because I really dont know what you're asking lol

Huh.

K thanks.

I feel like an idiot now. But that is good to know. lol

Anyway to delete this thread?

Huh.

K thanks.

I feel like an idiot now. But that is good to know. lol

Anyway to delete this thread?

You can't delete threads, you can only change them.

I'd say you just leave it there.

Archived