As an engy, what should you invest your metal in first?

Ward - MvM Anyone?

I build a sentry, grab some metal, build a dispenser and start from there. But what do you upgrade first? I try and upgrade my sentry to level 2 first, then upgrade my dispenser but metal goes fast.

Depends on a situation and server it self.Usually what I do is, build dispenser, hit it till it's done, get first 25 metal from it, build a sentry and run for a metal pack.

Depends on a situation and server it self.Usually what I do is, build dispenser, hit it till it's done, get first 25 metal from it, build a sentry and run for a metal pack.

Yes, because a sentry takes 125 metal.... (Hint its 130)

Unless there are no healthpack/ammopacks on the map, the dispenser isnt really worth getting past the first build. Build that, then a teleporter (Put down an entrance from spawn and then run back in for full metal), get a sentry to level 3, then upgrade your teleporter to level 2, the dispenser to level if there are no medics/very few packs, if there are a lot of medics and packs just get the telepoter to 3, then upgrade the dispenser to 3

TL;DR, build dispenser, teleporter, sentry, upgrade sentry, upgrade teleporter, upgrade dispenser

On offence, teleporter, to a point and have a dispenser, then a sentry, on defense, a sentry then a teleporter to help the team.

What I do when I use gunslinger, is put down a sentry, then a dispenser. Then I can focus on my dispenser while my mini guards me and the dispenser.

Find a hidden off spot, then Dispenser > Tele > Sentry.  Teammates act better than a sentry at defending my nest while I get stuff ready to move out.

start by placing a tele straight outta spawn, get it to lvl 3, build exit near ammo, use ammo to build dispencer while team guards me, then build sentry

I havent playing wrench engy in a looong time (I went to play engy the other day and still had my spellbook from halloween equipped on it)

Port is almost always the very first building you want to build, and the highest priority for upgrades. The bigger the map, the more important the teleporter is, but it is always crucial for helping team flow and movement. Respawn also means walking back to the battle, and the port eliminates that.

As others have said, the dispenser varies depending on how plentiful metal and medics are. For the first level or so you are the main user of your dispenser, so if your team needs extra firepower don't be afraid to build a sentry before the dispenser.

Everything should be level 3 fairly quickly if you have the metal for it, so I usually dont worry much about the order I upgrade things in.

I lay down my teleporter entrance first, then go and set up my sentry and dispenser. If the teleporter is important and/or I have time, I'll lay the exit down, otherwise, I focus on the Sentry. I won't upgrade the other buildings until my sentry is level 3. After all, you want to be able to have a nest that can withstand an attack.

Also, if it's feasible, I'll build my sentry just outside of spawn, level it up, then carry it to where I want my nest, leaving only the need to set the dispenser and teleporter up.

Ideally, if my team is using teamwork, the first person respawned temporarily switches to engie and upgrades any teleporters at the spawn.

If you're playing comp usually a teammate or two will suicide to give you the metal, you go tp, level 1 disp, level 3 sentry, disp, then tp

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Well, can depend, but find spots on the map, where people don't usually build their sentry etc.

What I do is,mI build my sentry first, go get metal, then build a dispenser, get some metal(or run for another ammo pack), and get the dispenser to lvl 2, and after that. I get metal from the dispenser, and get the closest ammo packs, and get the sentry to lvl 3.

From that on I just quickly place the exit of the teleporter, and then the match usually begin.

You should be able to get the dispenser to lvl 3 before the enemy team starts to notice your sentry and start attacking.

As for teleporters goes, just build a little bit on it(don't stand right next to it, so people know it's there, keep it hidden), and get it to lvl 2, lvl 3 is not a must, but pure luxery, that you can get if your team really push back

Archived