Why does my phone just forget it's been steam guarded?

AwesomeMcCoolName

Every once in a while my phones browser just forgets that it's already been authorized and I have to enter a steam guard code...

Why

When you move to a different location, your IP address changes, SteamGuard works via logging your IP and matching it to your original.

If it doesn't match, it will ask for the code.

When you move to a different location, your IP address changes, SteamGuard works via logging your IP and matching it to your original.

If it doesn't match, it will ask for the code.

What the above guy said or you might've had a phone update, that locked my phone accepting trade offers for some reason.

Its happened even when my phones ip hasn't changed. 

Its happened even when my phones ip hasn't changed. 

I think it resets about every month where Steam will just completely forget about the authorization, that's what happens with my steam browsers. 

I think it resets about every month where Steam will just completely forget about the authorization, that's what happens with my steam browsers. 

Except I don't have that issue on my computers browser or steam. 

If you don't log in for a month, it resets? I assume you use your computer frequent enough that this isn't a problem, but possibly not phone?

Idk, just a guess

If you don't log in for a month, it resets? I assume you use your computer frequent enough that this isn't a problem, but possibly not phone?

Idk, just a guess

na, i use steam on my phone almost daily as well. 

Archived