Razer Game Booster... Yay or Nay?

batman2566™

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

So a few months back I was browsing razer to get a mouse (ikr im dum) and I saw that they had a software called Razer Game Booster, and so since Razer is kinda a trusted company I downloaded it. The game booster has lots of different features like Cloud saving the save files of your games, displaying fps, taking screen shots and screen capture, and just overall boosting your fps, which seems pretty good to me, but when I suggested this program to my friend, he said the downsides outweigh the upsides because it disables windows updates every time you launch a game, and which makes you more prone get a virus because of a loop hole in microsoft's coding. Is it worth keeping this program on my computer?

Only use it when playing games m8, I have used that program, and I had mixed results. Some games it worked well others it made my game worse. And my PC really hot. And your friend doesn't seem like he knows what h's talking about.

Its more worthwhile to keep the program than the friend, sounds like he's full of shit (and it'll probably be fixed anyways)

because it disables windows updates every time you launch a game, and which makes you more prone get a virus because of a loop hole in microsoft's coding. 

Your friend is an idiot....

Just run a windows update occasionally. Not to mention, security updates aren't pushed out daily, its more like every few weeks.

Anything marketed as a "Game Enhancer" is typically a load of bs. There are plenty of ways to take screenshots, record videos and display your FPS.

Also Razer is overpriced ricer trash.

Windows updates are useless anyway >.> and there's no increase in virus...he has no idea what he's talking about. If there was such a thing in the coding, they would've fixed it. If u see good results, just use it, if u dont, then dont

g400 > deathadder > :(

Tbh I'm boycotting Logitech, none of their products have ever been worthwhile for me, so Deathadder is the one for me.

Tbh I'm boycotting Logitech, none of their products have ever been worthwhile for me, so Deathadder is the one for me.

logitech is amazing....

g400 > deathadder > :(

Eh, you might think so, but I disagree. I play a lot of FPS and the DeathAdder... just works :D

logitech is amazing....

I agree, I bought a G35 a while back and I'm so happy with it. Really recommend it to anyone looking for a mid tier headset. So quality.

I have a Razer Naga, got Razer snynaps and thought i´d try out game booster as well, doen´t help me a lot. btw my Razer Naga has been worth every cent of its worth, you can even change the color of the led lighing :3

Archived