Buy/selling games

Hugh Jazz

That wasn't helpful at all.

In my experiences, I found games were once an incredibly good engine for tf2 pure flow. Now everyone sells, has a bot, or trades for steam keys for cheaper, on reddit.

I would avoid it, as so many users and their bots are trying to get a foothold in a market that is not growing fast enough to combat the tapering of profits which have reduced to almost non-existence.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Selling games can be profitable (i've had decent luck with it) but you need to follow a few guidelines;

* Do not buy too many copies of something. The market can change quickly and you don't want to be stuck holding them for too long.

* Only buy games during sales

* Only buy them from territories that get a significant discount. http://www.steamprices.com is helpful for this, but you can usually assume that RU and UA sellers have the biggest discounts.

* Only get games for items--whenever a sale is on there is plenty of sellers available on outpost for tf2 items. I dont know about D2/CSGO, but I imagine it isn't much different.

* Comparison shop--lots of regular game sellers are willing to bulk deals, and they love to undercut each other. Examine Outpost carefully before picking someone.

* Only flip popular games. What defines popularity varies of course, but in general, if you haven't heard of it through the grapevine or it has a metacritic below 70 that is a severe red flag.

** Yes, this even applies to the super cheap stuff--price means nothing if no one wants it.

* Buying games is generally safe, but you should still keep an eye on steam level/account age/etc. as with any trade

* Dont wait too long after the sale ends to relist them. Yes, lots of other people stocked up too, but if you hold them too long then another sale might come along

* Keep a careful eye on Humble Bundles--they absolutely destroy the demand for a game; no one wants to pay in items when they could get a torrent or legit copy so easily

* Be patient. It takes a while for the sale to fade from public consciousness and item traders to be willing to pay a premium

just look for item overpay on them games. you don't even have to stock up,just see if someone is overpayin' on OP for any game at any time and do the trade.

that has been going well for me

Archived