LevelUp41

Hi there all! 

Im newbie here, and i have a question! WTH is that refs. and what you can or cannot do? Im confused... I waned to use my 2 refs to buy 1.66 ref worth item... but there cannot buy anything! Please someone explain me how the hell i must react to these refs...

Regards,

LevelUp41

Hi there all! 

Im newbie here, and i have a question! WTH is that refs. and what you can or cannot do? Im confused... I waned to use my 2 refs to buy 1.66 ref worth item... but there cannot buy anything! Please someone explain me how the hell i must react to these refs...

Regards,

LevelUp41

Refined are used as currency mainly, you  can craft hats with it, but that's about it. i have no idea what the rest of your question means.

Perhaps your confused with the decimals?

.11 = 1 scrap

.33 = 1 reclaimed

.66 = 2 reclaimed

.99/1 = 1 refined.

Search on TF2OP or Bazaar, or just use the classified to found items - if you don't know what item you are looking for, check this - http://backpack.tf/pricelist/spreadsheet

GL!

Hi there all! 

Regards,

LevelUp41

For this part, I am assuming you have problems with trading your ref. (by the way, most people take the plural of ref as "ref" and not "refs") You must have a premium account to trade your stuff, or your metal might be nontradable.

You can go to the crafting section of your backpack and craft 1 refined metal into 3 reclaimed metals, each one is worth .33 ref.

Now you can buy the item you wanted for 1.66 ref.

wait i just realized... why is refined used as currency when it is useless? this just blew my mind

Why is money used as a currency when it's just paper?

Archived