Phishers will try to phish anyone and this picture proves it.

http://imgur.com/Ij3xvNS

Please note my BP Value. I recently cashed out.

If you were going to try and phish anyone why would it be someone with a 50 dollar bp, and not someone with a 1000+ bp.

inb4 we all get phishers get over it

I was going to make the title "Phishers gonna Phish" but then it would fall under the category of those posts about "New Phishing Techniques" that come about every other week. 

I think that phishers sometimes go for mid tier backpacks only worth around a bud because they could be easier targets than the big guys, but idk

ppl with high value bp's already know/have dealt with phishers multiple times. ppl with low bp value may not have therefore, a better chance to get something rather than nothing.

Why is it no one understands that they're fucking bots

It doesn't care if your BP is $1 or $10000, its job is to phish account information so they can get items from you and phish more people

• Administrators

Why is it no one understands that they're fucking bots

It doesn't care if your BP is $1 or $10000, its job is to phish account information so they can get items from you and phish more people

Exactly, you stole the words I was about to say. I would have liked your comment but reached liking limit for today  :ph34r:

• Administrators

It doesn't matter if your BP is worth 0.1 or 100000 phishers will keep phishing. Almost all of them are automated bots. This is not a new thing, they have been doing this the day the phishers invented phishing in this community.

Simply, ignore and block. It mindfucks me to know that people actually give their account info from random adds.  <_<

I have 300USD.....no phishers....is it weird that I want one?

I used to want phishers trying to hijack my account. Now I want them gone.

As stated here there is a whole black market for selling phished accounts, regardless of items

"Steam accounts are worth money- in some cases, lots of money. You're probably all already aware that selling Steam accounts is absolutely prohibited and breaks the Steam Subscriber Agreement. Despite this, there is an entire black market where Steam accounts are bought and sold. This is why there is so much phishing- it's not just what is on the account that is valuable, it's the account itself."

Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/20dscp/psa_phishing_how_its_done_why_people_get_targeted/

It doesn't matter if your BP is worth 0.1 or 100000 phishers will keep phishing. Almost all of them are automated bots. This is not a new thing, they have been doing this the day the phishers invented phishing in this community.

Simply, ignore and block. It mindfucks me to know that people actually give their account info from random adds.  <_<

Altough most of the phishers are bots, they will be coded to target people who either

-have a medium backpack (50 $)

-had a recent heavy raise backpack (2 $ backpack who jumped to 100$ backpack)

Altough most of the phishers are bots, they will be coded to target people who either

-have a medium backpack (50 $)

-had a recent heavy raise backpack (2 $ backpack who jumped to 100$ backpack)

Where did you get those numbers? :rolleyes:

Where did you get those numbers? :rolleyes:

Logic sense

50$ because :-less than 50, they won't get much profit (no good items)

- more than 200, the "victim" probably knows enough about phishing

Recent heavy raise because if the backpack was 5$, and the guy uncrated an unusual, it will be an easy victim

Logic sense

50$ because :-less than 50, they won't get much profit (no good items)

- more than 200, the "victim" probably knows enough about phishing

Recent heavy raise because if the backpack was 5$, and the guy uncrated an unusual, it will be an easy victim

Your "logic sense" is based on assumptions. My friend got phished and his backpack was ~$40 including all the junk items and random drops.

I'm pretty sure phishers don't check backpack value. They just brute force their way in by spamming.

Your "logic sense" is based on assumptions. My friend got phished and his backpack was ~$40 including all the junk items and random drops.

I'm pretty sure phishers don't check backpack value. They just brute force their way in by spamming.

When I say 50, I mean "more or less 50$", not "exactly 50$". Phishers would not try to get 5 dollars F2P accounts, because :

They can't Trade

They ususally don't have any good items.

When I say 50, I mean "more or less 50$", not "exactly 50$". Phishers would not try to get 5 dollars F2P accounts, because :

They can't Trade

They ususally don't have any good items.

You jumped from $50 to "more or less 50$" and from there to "5 dollars F2P". Account which cannot trade is useless for them, but that's pretty obvious.

"They ususally don't have any good items." --- and another assumption.

But anyways, once you automate everything, you don't give a damn if the backpack is $10 or $1000.

Archived