How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

I keep having no profit with my trades,most of the time,i trade and checked the prices,but when i go to sell it,i don't get any profit.

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2014 at 9:42 AM, Woifi The Viking said:

Feel free to ask for tips and pointers on how to make profit here. This is not a place to ask if the last trade you made was ok, but rather, it's meant for people who are new to TF2 and who need some general advice on what to look for and what to avoid. This is the place to discuss when to craft and when to unbox, or if you should unbox at all. When to hoard Salvaged Stranges, when to sell those Christmas hats and every market trend in between.

Will merge other threads into this. So please don't make new ones about any of this topics.

Hey have any tips on what should i buy with a key?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, Johnny Joestar said:

Hey have any tips on what should i buy with a key?

I would recommend looking into different marketable items, because they are not based only on the suggested backpack.tf price, but also the community market price, making them flexible on the market.

Keep in mind to always inspect the community market history graph, which shows for how much it was sold in the past, and how lately.

There are many factors to this, but it gets easier once you get the hang of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

more or less ive become so accustomed to low tier trading that its so hard to adapt to any sort of unusual trading

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

A: how do I price painted cosmetics, strange parts, festiverizers, and other add-ons?
B: other than buying backpacks, and spells, what are good ways to make keys?

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 12:58 AM, Boiler_Snake said:

I just started trading with a single key and am wondering what items I should try to get for it so I can get start trading more.

I'd start by looking for strange weapons with decent parts, or painted cosmetics. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, back after a long time from TF2 and small trades. So I want to get into trading TF2/CS:GO items. Right now, main idea is to buy keys with cash and sell on the marketplace as I need steam funds to buy some games coming out later this year. Ideally I would also pick up some things for CS if I really like them along the way. If I wanted to get started, what would be the ideal guide/safety tips to follow? Is dispenser tf still working as well? where would I get started with maintaining a rep or is it still the +Rep on steam profiles?

• 1 month later...

Buy low and sell high never does one wrong, but it doesn't hurt giving a fair deal like a bulk deal or selling some sought out collector's item that hasn't moved in ages like a nuts n' bolts virtual viewfinder which I flipped for 200+ keys back in September.

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 7:24 PM, YourStepVan said:

Hello, back after a long time from TF2 and small trades. So I want to get into trading TF2/CS:GO items. Right now, main idea is to buy keys with cash and sell on the marketplace as I need steam funds to buy some games coming out later this year. Ideally I would also pick up some things for CS if I really like them along the way. If I wanted to get started, what would be the ideal guide/safety tips to follow? Is dispenser tf still working as well? where would I get started with maintaining a rep or is it still the +Rep on steam profiles?

Steam profile +reps are basically worthless because scammers have hundreds of accounts to +rep with, and bothering to check all of them would be too much of a hassle. If your profile looks normal, has a lot of games, has a lot of friends, ect. then you'll be fine enough to start trading, and people usually use steamrep.com and backpack.tf trust ratings to mostly make sure they haven't been reported for scamming in the past, or to report people for scamming them.

• 8 months later...

Hello, know this has been dormant for months but really hoping I can get some advice as a trade noob.

Watched TheVirtualEconomist's videos on starting so I have a little knowledge.

In concept I know "buy low, sell high" but I don't really know *where* to get those deals. It'd be extremely lucky to find a Backpack.tf sell order less than a buy order.

Right now I can only think of checking scrap.tf a lot for their deals? Trade servers, and other trading websites?

At only 10 raw keys or so to start I can't get into unusual trading yet, so I'm not sure what kind of items I should be looking into.

Spells, and other add-ons are my best guesses? But again I don't really know.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:28 AM, SuperSandwichGoku said:

Hello, know this has been dormant for months but really hoping I can get some advice as a trade noob.

Watched TheVirtualEconomist's videos on starting so I have a little knowledge.

In concept I know "buy low, sell high" but I don't really know *where* to get those deals. It'd be extremely lucky to find a Backpack.tf sell order less than a buy order.

Right now I can only think of checking scrap.tf a lot for their deals? Trade servers, and other trading websites?

At only 10 raw keys or so to start I can't get into unusual trading yet, so I'm not sure what kind of items I should be looking into.

Spells, and other add-ons are my best guesses? But again I don't really know.

Any help would be appreciated.

look at stn or other sites, scrap.tf removed item auctions so i doubt that there will be too profitable

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,I have almost 4 keys, can you please give any advice on how to make a profit and what should I trade with?