Question about hats and stuff

slippin

Hi,

I bought TF2 with the Orange Box in 2007, and played it on the PS3. Later on I got myself a gaming pc, and bought TF2 for PC in early 09'.

I quit before it went F2P, but installed the game just now and found out I've got some stuff in my inventory!

My question is, do I have anything valuable? I'm just curious

- The Proof Of Purchase

- Cheater's Lament

- Ghastlierest Gibus

And also, I've got a bunch of vintage stuff. Yet again, I don't have a clue about this skin stuff.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Im fairly sure the lament and proof of purchase are untradable. The gibus is probably worth a few refined metal.

As for vintage stuff: it really depends on what you have. Most vintage cosmetics are worth around the value of their unique counterpart, or slightly more. There are however a few exceptions (i.e vintage buds, vintage max, vintage metal, vintage conch iirc, vintage fanowar, vintage parasite, and maybe more). Those are rarities that are valuable for that reason, though I do not assume they're contained within an average retired user's backpack.

Thanks guys! Good to know, will try to get back into the game.. feels kind of different since back in the day tho, but maybe I just got older.