Please Help Was I Scammed?

sundayservice

Hello, todayni was offered an #36 Company Man For my Blizzardy Storm Killer Exclusive. He told me that it was worth 86 keys and that scrap.tf was buying it for 70check, he also sent me an imgur screenshot. I did the trade but when i got the item scrap.tf bought it for 1.33 I messaged the guy and he said "oh werid the guy that i bought it from did, never bothered to ccheck Id like to know if it was the real price of the item and if it was a scam, then i added him again and he told me that he wolud help me sell it. I dont know what to do.

scrap.tf doesn't pay anything above the default price for low crafts.

You did get a pretty shitty deal though.

yup he played you, your hat is gone mate.
Report him on backpack.tf, outpost. steamrep...
Make sure to submit your evidence (chat log, screenshot of the trade...)

• Like 2

I have taken a pic of the whole chat. Id like to know how to sell the hat and where, and its price

I have taken a pic of the whole chat. Id like to know how to sell the hat and where, and its price

make sure that is uncropped and report him on outpost. in terms of the price of what he gave you sadly it's not as high as he said, maybe a few keys at most 

here is his bp.tf page you should report him there too: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198137988709

• Like 1

Id like to know how to sell the hat and where, and its price

Here's the thing: That hat is worth nowhere near 86 keys. Realistically, you'd be looking at 2-3 keys, or 4-5 if you're dealing with someone who has a hardon for company mans or the number 36.

Low crafts are valuable in comparison to the base item, but nowhere near the level of unusuals unless you're dealing with a really low # (less than 10) and/or a massively popular hat (i.e. Team Captain).

So, yeah, he fleeced you out of around $150.

• Like 2

I remember i sold this killer to you sorry to hear your lost but anyway you should beware when people offering you like that and told you someone or a bot offering a lot, is it more safe to asking to sell items and come back with keys

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198289372905#!/compare/1494115200/1494288000

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198137988709#!/compare/1494201600/1494288000

look like if he scammed also a cotton head

edit not sure if he scammed the cotton he maybe brokering it

If you make a report on the main site I will make sure it gets to outpost, but Steamrep usually doesn't accept reports for sharking. 

Upload all screenshots that you have to imgur.com.

Go to the user's backpack.tf profile and click the red flag near the top of the page that says "Report this user."

Post all the screenshots there and give a short description of what happened.

• Like 2

but Steamrep usually doesn't accept reports for sharking. 

This is true, but this doesn't really look like a sharking report to me. SteamRep doesn't get involved in pricing disputes or uneven trades, but claiming that X site will pay Y for an item is demonstrably wrong, and would probably fall under item misrepresentation. The same as people who rename/describe their item to "unusual" for quick profit, and the same as tag team glim droppers.

Assuming the victim has screenshots of their conversation, and without weighing any additional context, I'd say there's a decent chance for a tag here. OP should report it to SteamRep. Alternatively, if reported to backpack.tf, one of your admins could also forward the report to us as an affiliate community.

Hi everyone, I'm the person who "scammed" this guy. There are 2 things I would like to point out. Firstly, I never went to scrap.tf, the information I provided was from who I bought from. I used the same screenshot and I used what he told me. Secondly, after talking to a friend who knows much more about trading then I do, lowcrafts are 1/1, which means, they have no set value except for what the buyer is willing to pay. I did not force the buyer in anyway to make the trade, it was his own personal decision, although neither of us knew what the community priced it as. This is as much his fault as it is mine and the person I bought from. However, doesn't the constant sale of an item for a price warrant its value? Just because a few community members think it's priced differently doesn't change it. I don't think the TC should be so high, but I look at the sales, as that is the only true evidence that exists in this virtual economy. I apologize for my friend here not being happy with the trade, but despite what he said, we are added on steam and I am determined to help him sell it. I also apologize for all the drama, and hope we can move on.