Australium trading / marketing question

Mercury Black

Hello there, i know this isn't a trading post but it's related to a trading and steam market question that i wanted to clear up.

Are there any duped australium weapons in TF2?

If so, do people care about them and pay the same as any other australium?
Say, i want to buy an australium scattergun in the market to "gain profit" from it, would it be a safe method, or there is a chance that the item might be a duplicate, and therefore end up loosing cash?

I'd appreciate if traders, specifically, the ones who deal with australiums could ask this question, and hopefully, give me some good advice.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a duped aussie. If there ARE duped aussies, there is a 99.99% chance that valve will NOT take away your item. 

There are duped aussies.

But in all honesty, nobody gives a flying fu.. crap about them. Nobody bothers to even check anyways.

If you want to make money off australiums, the way to go is by having a buy order up for them, and then selling them for more later.

Buy low sell high. Like any other trading for profit method.

• Like 2

There are so many of each aussies in game, that dupe doesn't even matter. If someone tells you otherwise just find someone else to sell it to, they are easy to sell because they are like pure.

So, regardless if they are duped or not, should i buy an aussie scattergun? honestly, in the market, there are worth far less than in game, and i do want to earn some "profit" in the form of pure, so...

I know that's up to me, but i wanted to know and have the veredict of people that knew about this. (oh well, perhaps not far less, but it might be easier than finding someone who sells them in the market, rather than in game)

So, should i go for it, or not?

I don't get what You mean so I will just be elaborative.

1) No one cares about dupes Aussies as far as I know

2) If You want something then buy it (what's more to tell about that one...)

3) If word "dupe" triggers You then don't buy duped one - if You would feel odd because of fact You own something that is duped

4) If You can buy something cheap enough to resell for more do that as i bet people who pay more for >duped< aussies are minority of traders - an almost non-existentional minority of trades

5) Prices may differ on Steam Market and causal trading market - And what? And nothing. Got get Your cheaper Aussie elsewhere and sell ot for more for funds/items, depends on situation of course. 

I have read entire topic and I have no idea what is Your purpose of asking, so I gave You a complex anser.

• Like 1

So, regardless if they are duped or not, should i buy an aussie scattergun? honestly, in the market, there are worth far less than in game, and i do want to earn some "profit" in the form of pure, so...

I know that's up to me, but i wanted to know and have the veredict of people that knew about this. (oh well, perhaps not far less, but it might be easier than finding someone who sells them in the market, rather than in game)

So, should i go for it, or not?

I'm not sure why you keep saying that they're cheaper on the market?  

I just looked, and the cheapest aussie scatter on SCM is 86.5 in Canadian dollars.  Keys are 3.25 in CDN dollars, meaning this scattergun comes out to be 26.5 keys.  The bp price is 25 keys, so not sure how you'll make profit here?  

Probably some are duped, but i've never seen someone who cares. At worst maybe a few ref less or something...