On the topic of scammers...

------

First off, I need to ask - you can't get bad rep or be banned for buying from somebody who was marked for scamming well after the trade, right? (And, also, someone who you simply didn't know enough to know they were a scammer.) I bought an unusual from somebody, and over a month later, the person who I bought it from (who I literally only knew through the trade) was marked as a scammer. I'm just worried that it'll get me unfairly marked as "traded with a known scammer," because I had no way to know the guy was a scammer... Idfk.

Also on the topic of scams. I just got scammed out of the unusual I just mentioned (history tends to repeat itself, I guess) as well as another item, a Chicken Kiev. How much proof is enough to proove that somebody's a scammer? Also, should I even bother trying to get this guy marked for scam...? I don't have chat logs. The only proof I have is that there WAS indeed a trade completed where I traded two items for absolutely nothing.

Thanks for anyone who can clear any of this up. Sucks to have to worry about getting marked unfairly and getting scammed both in the same day.

If they were marked after you traded, but were clean when you traded, then you cannot be marked for trading with them.

Without the chat logs, I doubt you can do anything to report him. Sorry.

If they were marked after you traded, but were clean when you traded, then you cannot be marked for trading with them.

Without the chat logs, I doubt you can do anything to report him. Sorry.

You cannot be marked for trading with one marked user anyway, the only way you can be marked for trading with scammers currently is if you're actively brokering for or seeking out trades with scammers for profit, basically working with them. It's almost impossible now to incur a tag for that.

You can still, however, be banned on community sites like backpack.tf and outpost for trading with scammers. If the person you traded with was an obvious scammer alt, then you could still be at risk of a ban for the trade you made.

like what shuffle said,you cannot get banned if you traded him before he was marked.if you happen to get marked/banned.provide evidence to steamrep.show them the trade you made and the day your friend got marked

You CAN get banned (from community sites) for trading with scammers, even if it was after the fact. They need to be obvious alts for that though.

You won't get marked on SR for trades with scammers unless you're an active fence.

First of all, hanks to all of you who responded to this. Along with your comments being useful, it's just nice to see that people care.

Anyway, it's good to know that I can't get marked if I wasn't trading with an obvious alt, and wasn't trading with somebody who later got marked. That had me worried. (They weren't any sort of alt, either, so I'm in the clear.)

And ShuffleSpy, thanks for confirming that for me. I was unsure of whether to move for getting him a SteamRep ban, but I guess it only makes sense that I'd need chat logs for that. At the very least, I did give him a -1 trust rating on bp.tf, so that might help someone in the future.