Medical Marijuana

Njord

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of eating disorder, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of eating disorder, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Well this is very Trading related XP

It doesn't really matter because this is in General Discussion. The forums (based on where its placed) are for anyone to discuss any topic.

I'm not against medical marijuana but I have a very serious anxiety problem and panic attacks, and marijuana made it worse, so I guess it depends on the person.

I respect people who consume it and I'm happy that it helps some people, just be aware that it doesn't have the same effect on everyone.

Whilst I'm not against it, it shouldn't be like "Oh yeah 5g of weed is fin.. HOLD THE FUCK ON THAT'S 6g OF WEED YOU FUCKED M9" whilst you're driving around with a couple of crates of alcohol.

Alcohol is more deadly than weed, but I know a couple of friends who do smoke weed, and they quite enjoy it.

So I do think medical marijuana should be legal, but marijuana which you buy of dealers should be limited to 5g of the stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

it's scientifically proven that the medical use of marijuana can improve MD comedowns by up to 80% and can even medicinally be used to enhance a nang

• 4 weeks later...

THC - tetrahydrocannabinol iirc is the active compound in marijuana. I am unaware of the risk profile of marijuana for medical use, however there is a body of research which is inconclusive on whether or not marijuana does or does not bring out schizophrenia in those already predisposed to schizophrenia. Given this data, physicians still advise against recreational use - because there are plenty of other ways to have fun that don't include putting yourself at risk of developing one of the most debilitating conditions known to medicine. All things are observed on a risk vs benefit scale. There is data to evidence beneficial medical use, however, as far as I know, it is not a first line drug for anything. It would be a good idea to speak to your doctor about what your specific problem is eg. Chronic pain. Most likely, they'll put you on something not weed first, and if it doesn't work or you can't tolerate its side effects, perhaps weed may be the way to go. But step 1 - consult a doctor.

- 4th year med student, recently gave a talk on weed

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, Lurator said:

My mother used to have breast cancer and he did help you when it came to relieve the stress and anxiety associated with the surgery and the rehabilitation.

almost 4 year necro my dude...

• Abstract locked this topic