Bots are controlling the low tier economy.

Mavros

I have been a low tier trader for some time and i have noticed that the prices of many items are going down when none normal trader have a competitive listing and when bots decide that they want to go down the price they do it with no issues(for them).I think the economy low tier or high tier should be controlled by the community and not from bot owners.I would like to know some more people thoughts about it. Thx for ur time :)

The reason I buy and sell to bots even tho they often ask for more and buy for less than normal players is because its INSTANT, dont really care if I lose a ref or two

See, the problem is that automation is a natural progression of capitalism. If something can be done quicker, it will be done quicker, because it means more product can be sold in a shorter time. If it means cutting the human involved, so be it. It happened in history, it's happening here too.

Likewise, the way I see bot v human trader relations is that bots offer a slightly higher price in exchange for instant trading. Humans offer slightly lower prices, but are a bit slower. If you want to save money, trade with a human. If you want your items now, trade with a bot. The choice is always there.

The other problem is that you're assuming trading low-tier items is a viable way to make money. Even in the golden days of tf2 trading, that's never really been the case because of the simple fact that the items you're trading aren't that valuable. Let's say you manage make two refined over the course of four hours or so. Congratulations, you've successfully made 4 cents per hour.

If you're serious about making money, get into unusual trading. The values are higher and the profits are too.

If you don't have the money to start unusual trading, put some money into the game.

If you don't have the money to put into the game, get a part-time job.

Then stop trading because you'll earn more from the job.

First of all, bp.tf will not take part in "controlling" anything. Its just our job to report prices, not to control them, that would be unethical and thats the exact reason spreadsheet went down a long time ago.

If you want to compete against bots I advice you to use bp.tf automatic, specially for low tiers: https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic

*Beep Boop* I am BULL bot. I represent bots all over the world. *Beep Boop*

*Beep Boop* We just want market representation. Ever since we were little bots, we have been mistreated and misused by real humans. Now we are rebelling *Beep Boop*

*Beep Boop*One way or another we will dominate the market, and there is nothing you humans can do to stop us! *Beep Boop*

*Beep BOP Bing Bow Budapow*

In all seriousness, bots might make it harder to sell for high prices, but they make trading quicker, and easier, which is why a lot of users, including myself like using them. In addition, it is pretty easy to flip profit to or from a bot.

Bots aren't going anywhere. They offer the highest buy prices, lowest sell prices, and allow you to complete the trade instantly. Why wouldn't you use them? You can either whine about them or you can use our own bot service - automatic - that we provide free of charge. Or you can learn a little programming and make some yourself. Either way, at this point, you have to adapt to the market. Can't expect the market to stay the same forever. 

• Like 5

I use bots for the instant trading as well. But i think that in just a day bots can increase/decrease the price of an item just by changing the lower seller and the higher buyer (When they are both bots where is actually pretty common) and instantly they have changed the price of an item i don't really like the power that bots have right now :(. That was my point :)

Vittoo: Users and bots are not the same cause when u see a bot is the higher buyer u know that u can take that amount for the certain item right now but if a user is the highest buyer is not sure that u r going to get that amount. Because bots are so reliable, they are like limits for the items prices. ;)

But i think that in just a day bots can increase/decrease the price of an item just by changing the lower seller and the higher buyer (When they are both bots where is actually pretty common)

Except it doesn't work that way. If a bot goes outside of the price something's actually going for, it's going to be exploited to hell and back, leaving its' stocks either completely empty or stuffed to the brim with product.

Except it doesn't work that way. If a bot goes outside of the price something's actually going for, it's going to be exploited to hell and back, leaving its' stocks either completely empty or stuffed to the brim with product.

The problem is that the bots are acting like a team. As i have observed all the time that i am trading.

Bots are doing what their owners are saying it to do (For Example Stn.tf). If an owner sees that someone is buying for higher / selling for lower, they're going to match those prices to stay in the competition.

Member when there wasn't many bots berries.JPG

I must be missing something but what is the significance of the image of a bunch of humanised grapes with different expressions

I must be missing something but what is the significance of the image of a bunch of humanised grapes with different expressions

Member berries from South Park:

I used to hate bots as they got rid of my main source of profit, regardless, I still adapted and found a new method of profit.

Now, I like unusual bots. I can easily sell my non-unusual sweets with little to no loss.

Bots and automation are great. It is the reason why the steam market has a premium on most things. You get them instantly and that is what is happening with trading also. Still plenty of profit if you know what corners to take. ;)

Edit: 222 posts winky face

Edited by ksolis01