backpack.tf API inquiries thread

cares

If you have any questions regarding API use (including rate limits), please post here. A developer will get back to you shortly.

Private matters are preferably handled through PMs on the forum. If you think a reply to your question may benefit others, please post here so others can see it.

New API suggestions should be posted in the Labs thread. Improvements to existing APIs should be requested here.

Is the IGetUserListings API being removed? I find it invaluable for managing my own listings. It saves me a lot of time.

Also, I'm curious what the rate limits are (for both premium/$35 donor and non-premium users).

Is the IGetUserListings API being removed? I find it invaluable for managing my own listings. It saves me a lot of time.

Also, I'm curious what the rate limits are (for both premium/$35 donor and non-premium users).

It's deprecated and will be removed soon. Before then I will introduce an access token API to get your own listings.

The rate limits are subjective; if I see you abuse, there will be sanctions. If someone has contributed an amount to the site I will be much more lenient. Right now most API users are actually shell accounts that don't even use the site.

I don't think you have much to worry about, you've contributed a lot to the site (not just monetary contributions but also suggestions). If there's a problem I will send you a notification on the site.

I do see you use a lot of requests, perhaps you are willing to share your more exact use case? I've gotten requests of just displaying the price of the top x classifieds for an item. That would be substantially faster for us to generate, so if there's demand for that I'll add a separate classifieds price trends API.

What language is the API coded in?

You communicate with the API using JSON.

Is there anyway to determine if a user is using automatic using the classifieds API? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to be possible currently, but it would be a nice feature.

Is there anyway to determine if a user is using automatic using the classifieds API? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to be possible currently, but it would be a nice feature.

There is a field called 'automatic' if the offer is automatic.

• 1 month later...

Good day, I'm just wondering if there's a way to remove a classified listing with the API or does it only allow creation?

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I have 5$ donator status and i would like to add the lightning bolt to my trades. The apis i tried dont work and the documentation doesnt help. IHEARTBEAT api returns 0 bumped

On 1/11/2019 at 4:46 PM, akosmaster said:

Hello I have 5$ donator status and i would like to add the lightning bolt to my trades. The apis i tried dont work and the documentation doesnt help. IHEARTBEAT api returns 0 bumped

(Old link, if you’re using the one from the swagger ui then thats better)

POST to http://backpack.tf/api/aux/heartbeat/v1?token=xxxxxx 

since you’ve only donated 5$, your listings Will be autobumped every 3 hours, if you send a request every 2 minutes then most of the time the result Will be 0 listings bumped.

I did this:

curl -XPOST "https://backpack.tf/api/aux/heartbeat/v1?token=*my token from connections*&automatic=all" -H "accept: application/json"

it returns {bumped: 0} but i dont get lightning bolt

• 1 year later...

Is there any way i can get the tradeoffer url of a user (or listing) from the api?

/IGetUsers/v3 

and

/api/classifieds/search/v1

only return steamids and such

1 hour ago, Brom127 said:

Is there any way i can get the tradeoffer url of a user (or listing) from the api?

AFAIK no. If user doesn't currently have any listings I think they should expect the website to keep this URL private.

alright

I was just wondering how some trading bots obtain trade urls to send offers to users. I guess they just webscrape them from the listing pages then

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, Medic Bot said:

Is there any API call to check an item's history? To check if an item is duped or clean

I think duped items have an attribute that you can use to check this. So any request that returns you an item with all its attributes should be fine

There is no API for that, you will need to get the item history page html and scan for the "duped" signs.

Edited by Brom127
was wrong