Strange Unusual Pricings

Moose

So recently been able to price "strange" unusuals, which is great. I was just wondering if strange unusuals that have a strangifier should be priced as the unusual by itself without the strange variant? 

And if no, will users be able to price strange unusuals with strangifiers and have them closed due to them not having a stand alone strange?

Any item with a strangifier is supposed to have the price carried over from the non-strange version. Cares is working on it. Should be fixed soon.

• Like 2

Any item with a strangifier is supposed to have the price carried over from the non-strange version. Cares is working on it. Should be fixed soon.

But if someone pays, for example, 200 keys more for a Strange Sunbeams Hong Kong Cone since there is no Strangifier, whereas someone else might pay 2 keys more for a Strange Burning Bullet Buzz since there is a Strangifier, wouldn't sharkers attempt to say that their Strange Unusuals are then 200 Keys more (I know this would feasibly only work on new/inexperienced users, but still) regardless of whether a Strangifier exists?

• Administrators

(I know this would feasibly only work on new/inexperienced users, but still) 

Sharking by definition only works on those who fit that category.

What I would be wondering is if strange unusuals could still take their nonstrange equivalent price if there are no usable strange sales, or only strange sales below its nonstrange counterpart. Otherwise it may end up being counterproductive with people "losing"  their bp value based on strange unusuals.

But if someone pays, for example, 200 keys more for a Strange Sunbeams Hong Kong Cone since there is no Strangifier, whereas someone else might pay 2 keys more for a Strange Burning Bullet Buzz since there is a Strangifier, wouldn't sharkers attempt to say that their Strange Unusuals are then 200 Keys more (I know this would feasibly only work on new/inexperienced users, but still) regardless of whether a Strangifier exists?

Sharking by definition only works on those who fit that category.

What I would be wondering is if strange unusuals could still take their nonstrange equivalent price if there are no usable strange sales, or only strange sales below its nonstrange counterpart. Otherwise it may end up being counterproductive with people "losing"  their bp value based on strange unusuals.

I think they will need to be completely independent. I think one possibility is to be a bit more lenient about how old we're willing to take sales on these. As long as it's not a taunt or new effect unusual, I'd be willing to go as far back as 5-6 months out to get sales to get some more of these priced. Otherwise, they'll need to remain unpriced. 

Need to think of them as different items.

EDIT: Will make a post in the unusual suggestion guide and use the opportunity to make at least one significant change to our rules. Keep a look out for my post tomorrow which will talk a bit more about strange unusual pricing!

Related question: Previously there were some items that were always dual-quality, i.e. Haunted Scream Fortress 2014 cosmetics were always Strange Haunted, never just Haunted (not true since transmutations and Merasmissions, but still true for all the tradable ones which is what actually matters). Should the prices for the Haunted versions be moved over to the new Strange Haunted pages? I mean it isn't urgent or anything but it seems obvious.

I presume every item like this would need to be moved individually, and would take a bunch of work. Should someone just make a list of all effected items so an admin can work on it when they have time?