Traded with a scammer,,

S T E W

Today I traded with a scammer. I had a quickbuy listing for a scorching hard counter, and i got an offer for one. I was on my phone, so I didn't think about doing research. Any ideas on what will happen to me ?

Nothing probably. Only if you trade with multiple scammers or with the same scammer multiple times you can get ban on backpack.tf or outpost for few days/weeks. If you get multiple bans you can get permaban.

Well. You'll suffer the consequences of being banned on the site for a bit. Just know to always background check before trading and just stay cautious.

Outpost only gives you 1 temp ban. Further offences usually = perma. 

Just keep your eyes out and be careful.

im quite curious on what happens when you get banned.can you still go into the website?

As far as I'm aware you can't be logged in with that account which means no advertising, but you could probably still buy from there by going to the seller's profile and sending them an offer from there.

Well. You'll suffer the consequences of being banned on the site for a bit. Just know to always background check before trading and just stay cautious.

Outpost only gives you 1 temp ban. Further offences usually = perma. 

Just keep your eyes out and be careful.

Im pretty sure they wont even be THAT harsh on him..

It was a clear mistake, and it was a buy order he had placed. If someone is filling your buy order of course you SHOULD check if they are clean, but often times you dont do much looking, if any at all just to accept a simple trade offer that you already had a buy price on.

Im sure you'll be fine dude. You'll maybe get a temp on outpost for a couple days, but I wouldnt worry about your reputation or credibility at all. People are usually only punished if they do high profile trades with scammers that mean mega bucks.

• Administrators

You didn't do it knowingly, so you'll prob get a 1-week ban at most.

You are responsible for your trading at all times.  The fact that it is a buy order or not.   If this type of trading were overlooked, then people could (and WOULD) purposely trade with scammers this way.  There are no exceptions as to how or why. 

Outpost bans for 1st time trading with scammers/scammer alts for 2 weeks. 2nd offense is permanent. And this is for those we feel were innocent trades. Should you knowingly trade with a scammer, then its a permanent on the 1st occasion. 

As far as are you allowed to use the site, thats a definite NO. Banned means exactly that, banned. 

At least I didn't try my hardest to cover it up, only to be sniped at a later date. As far as i'm concerned, i mostly get no offers through either sites, so it's not the biggest of deals. I'll definitely learn from this and become a better trader.

Oh Dude.... they actually banned you for a few days.... :(

Oh rip, i thought it's after few trades with scammers, looks like 1 is enough