[Script] Complete suggestions generator from classifieds

Axle Change

Somehow I actually found time to finish this. Credits to Mengh Facepalms for letting me use some of his code. Given a specified number of pages, it generates screenshot links and item histories with prices and bump times. It is capable of screenshotting/extracting urls from classifieds pages that you are not currently on. Example:TsGf4Uf.png

Install: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AxleChange/CompleteSuggestions/master/Bp.tf%20complete%20suggestion%20maker.user.js

Github page: https://github.com/AxleChange/CompleteSuggestions

Some things to note:

• The script includes an api key to Imgur, please don't abuse it.
  • Don't press the button multiple times
  • The script is (relatively) slow, because it is downloading/uploading things
  • The pages parameter is necessary, and will go from page 1 to the page specified
  • Scrolling down the page after clicking "Go" can screw up screenshots
  • This script is only compatible with page 1 of classifieds. Though it likely works on other pages, I would not recommend it due to the way the script reads the pages input
  • The HTML from other pages is appended at the end of the page. Because this is useful for checking the script worked, I don't plan on removing this
  • As of now, only Chrome is supported. I have not tested the script in Firefox.
  • Using &fold=0 on URLs for suggestions is a good idea.
  • The item images will be missing from screenshots. This is because item images are hosted on steam, and browsers block cross-domain requests.

How does it work?

The script uses html2canvas to generate screenshots of pages. Using AJAX requests, the HTML from other pages is appended to the current page, and are also screenshotted. Each screenshot is then uploaded to Imgur using their api. Finally, I modified Mengh Facepalms' script to be compatible with the appended HTML and to only include sellers and to put the output in an editable textarea.

Edit:

-fixed an error where requesting 1 page would give 2 imgur links, added update URL to header

Im mildly triggered as this would have been super useful for the key suggestions. Still a super cool tool ;p

• 3 weeks later...