2016 unusual suggestions

2016 unusual suggestions  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How to handle the 4 unusuals linked above in suggestions?

• No need to change, handle them like normal unusuals.
    • Handle them as regular suggestions (e.g. Unique/strange item suggestions)
    • Make a shorter 'indate' period.

Problem:

The 2016 unusuals have been massively unboxed and the demand keeps lowering while the existence number keeps growing.

Suggestions on these kind of hats are a bit difficult.

Mainly due to:

-These hats are moving around extremely fast. Most get sold within a matter of days.

-There are a ton of sales (referring to ^^)

-Higher sales will usually get capped by ton of lower sellers

These hats are indate and yet still selling below their price due to rising amount in existence and lower demand.

For example: http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Wing%20Mann/Tradable/Craftable/110

Priced at 14-17 keys just 4 weeks ago and there's already 4 sellers at 13 keys.

The problem basically is that these items get an inaccurate price way too quickly and that they should either get updated faster by changing the indate rule (for these specific hats) or handle suggestions for these hats as regular items.

Making this poll because some people consider this as a problem and annoying.

Personal preference: either option 1 or 3.

Poll:

How to handle 2016 unusual suggestions?

1. No need to change, handle them like normal unusuals.

-Because after all, it's still an unusual that's expensive.

2. Handle them as regular suggestions.

-Due to huge amount of sellers and sales.

3. Make a shorter 'indate' period.

-Because some of these hats are already inaccurate even though they got updated a month ago.

Please share your thoughts on this.

2016 unusuals are still unboxable?

No, it's just that so many were unboxed, they absolutely flood the market

imo shouldnt they just have very flexible prices requirements so theyre constantly updated?  If it took less work to suggest for one then people would want to do them more often, resulting in more updated prices?  Take this all with a grain of salt as i don't suggest myself, but it seems like something to be considered.

2016 unusuals are still unboxable?

The creepy crawley case still gives out 2016 unusual effects, but only with the hats in the case.

Its fine, nothing was changed when third gens were mass unboxed, or when invasion hats were mass unboxed. Nothing needs to be changed now.

• Like 2

• Administrators

You can update in-date hats if you show the price has changed, you know.

• Like 3

You can update in-date hats if you show the price has changed, you know.

I am aware of that, I just made the thread because some people I know seem to consider the current situation as a problem. That's why I created a poll, to see what the rest of the community thinks. If I had to vote I'd either be option 1 or 3.

I think that it would be better to make the indate period scale with the price of the hat for unusuals under X amount say. And also treating them like regular suggestions would mean that the prices of the hats will just continue to change due to people not respecting the bp.tf pricing.If they were treated like regular suggestions it could go pretty badly if it receives that response from the trading community, but also not changing anything guarantees that this continues . A respectable pricing system would probably come from more regular updates that you mentioned though so I think its probably best to adopt that or at least give it a try.

• Administrators

There is literally nothing stopping people making more regular updates if value changes. The only thing you can't do it refresh in-date unusuals.

• Administrators

My stance on the matter is as follows:

Hats like these are so common and appear so often on the market that they should be treated differently from hats that only have one or two on the market. As an example: when there are commonly 10 on the market and when, in a timespan of about a month, you commonly have 50 exchanges, then naturally 1 or 2 (young) sellers should not dominate the current common trading point, as they are only a small percentage of the total sales or potential sales.

Hence, these should get suggestions based on many sales, and have (relatively) wide ranges unless all sales happen at the same value

Other than that they should not be treated differently. If hats that are in-date are clearly off in value, then I am not opposed to updating them prematurely - as in any other case. I just want to avoid people being like "hurdur 1 sale at 10 shud b 10 flat" like I've seen a couple of times already on these hats.

• Like 2