Some Suggestions Mainly for Price Updating

Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons

Hey,

I thought of some suggestions for Votes, Suggesters and Mods to save time and reward suggesters.

Relating to Suggestions

1) Have belts for more accepted suggestions Black Belt is a little wide 750 - Infinity. I think there should be belts for 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000+ (As there are only a couple that have passed that mark)

2) Show the Percentage change in the corner, for the thumbnail of the suggestion it shows which way the price is going and the suggested price/mid point of range, I think there should be a percentage on non-unusual suggestions.

3) Offer an incentive for high-up belts. E.g Give Blackbelts/BrownBelts or Lower (If you want) to have more Classies slots E.g 10 Slots per 50 Suggestions? Or Maybe a different name colour (Like for donators) Or Lower Bump Time? This would encourage more people to begin suggesting keeping the website up-to-date and fresh

4) Enforce the rule that as well as 50 Characters you cannot post a suggestion without a Link. All suggestions need links these days Non-Unusual and Unusual. This will prevent "noobs" from doing suggestions and It'll save mod time and make bp.tf look a tidier place (The previous key suggestions look really tacky all the "noobs" doing opinionated suggestions)

5) Prevent White/Yellow Belts from Doing Important items (Ref, Keys, Buds, Craft Hat Blanket) <--- You could extend that list. It'll save mod time. Without being stereotypical white belts and some yellow belts won't be able to price a key for example because they require a LOT of proof.

6) A suggestion should be able to get closed by votes if the percentage is low (Maybe 50%) Saving Mod Time

Relating to Classies

7) Donators over a certain amount should be able to remove Bot listings from the backpack.tf Home Page. There should be a button to toggle bot listings or not because it's always full of bot listings

8) There could be a button on "My Listings" That removes all your buy and sell orders but saves them so you can reload them at a later date. I'm constantly buying things and not selling much and I'd love to be able to "turn off" my buy orders so I can limit the flow of things I'm buying.

Relating to Layout

9) Kinda ties in the percentage change point.

10) Would be amazing if you could see someone's initials on the suggestion's thumbnail. For example on the "Latest Changes"

11) Would be awesome if the background of the homepage changed more often, there are a lot of talented SCM Makers which could be utilised and have their work displayed on the background of the front page.

Thanks! I'd love to hear any comments on these ideas!

Remember I'm just a lemon! :D

Problem with 6) is that many suggestions with negative votes have passed. Mainly because the proof has suddenly become valid or it was provided later in the comments. 

8) There could be a button on "My Listings" That removes all your buy and sell orders but saves them so you can reload them at a later date. I'm constantly buying things and not selling much and I'd love to be able to "turn off" my buy orders so I can limit the flow of things I'm buying.

Really want this to be a feature .

• Administrators

3 and 8 have been discussed by staff and are possibly in the works.

4 and 5 are unnecessary. Takes us 2 seconds to close proofless suggestions. Doesn't save mods any time.

4 and 5 are unnecessary. Takes us 2 seconds to close proofless suggestions. Doesn't save mods any time.

nice looking forward for the updates then ^^
  • Like 3

Problem with 6) is that many suggestions with negative votes have passed. Mainly because the proof has suddenly become valid or it was provided later in the comments. 

Yeah I thought that as well. However I have never seen a suggestion pass (recently) with 40% Votes

Okay awesome can't wait to see 3 and 8
4 and 5 I've noticed you've (Mods in general) are becoming efficient and fast @ closing suggestions. I've had this idea from when Mods left some suggestions a little while/didn't notice so that's fine!

nice looking forward for the updates then ^^

Me too!

Really want this to be a feature .

Mod has said that this is in the pipeline! :D

• Administrators

4 and 5 I've noticed you've (Mods in general) are becoming efficient and fast @ closing suggestions. I've had this idea from when Mods left some suggestions a little while/didn't notice so that's fine!

If one goes unnoticed feel free to report it via suggestion comment reports and I will see it.

• Administrators

1. More belt colors yes pleaseeee :D (I've always wanted a red belt :o)

2. Y E S

3. While I think this would be a good idea, rewards shouldn't be the reason for why you suggest so I'd say no to this.

4. Idk how the site would be able to detect that there is a link. Honestly I don't think this is necessary since mods are getting faster at closing proofless suggestions either way.

5. I disagree with this one entirely. Suggesting skill has never been and will never be based on belt color. Stereotypes aren't a valid reason to restrict anyone from anything.

6. Nope. :)

7. This would solve that problem.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/58348-stacking-identical-listings-from-the-same-user/

8. I thought u meant a button to delete all your listings and was about to say that already exists, but an on and off switch would be AMAZING.

9. ok :o

10. Eh idc tbh

11. If any SFM artists want to they can, but this topic was brought up before and it's still not a priority.

I liked a lot of the ideas listed here so nice job.

P.S. I really want a red belt :D

1. More belt colors yes pleaseeee :D (I've always wanted a red belt :o)

2. Y E S

3. While I think this would be a good idea, rewards shouldn't be the reason for why you suggest so I'd say no to this.

4. Idk how the site would be able to detect that there is a link. Honestly I don't think this is necessary since mods are getting faster at closing proofless suggestions either way.

5. I disagree with this one entirely. Suggesting skill has never been and will never be based on belt color. Stereotypes aren't a valid reason to restrict anyone from anything.

6. Nope. :)

7. This would solve that problem.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/58348-stacking-identical-listings-from-the-same-user/

8. I thought u meant a button to delete all your listings and was about to say that already exists, but an on and off switch would be AMAZING.

9. ok :o

10. Eh idc tbh

11. If any SFM artists want to they can, but this topic was brought up before and it's still not a priority.

I liked a lot of the ideas listed here so nice job.

P.S. I really want a red belt :D

4) If it detected a https://...... Link? And Yeah Mods are getting Quicker

5) Yeah I guess

6) Has Been argued ^^ And Yeah Forget that one!

7) Hopefully yeah!

8) Yeah an on/off button

10) Is pretty pointless I'll admit that!

11) Is there a way for SFM Artists to do that though? Still not greatly important but would be nice.

Thanks for the positivity!

• Administrators

There's a new feature that's a button that removes a listing is that like my idea Number 8??

The button added is for hiding listings. 

Remove all listings will be coming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The button added is for hiding listings. 

Remove all listings will be coming.

Aaaah Yeah. Is the hide button for all classies? or buy order and sell orders separately? Also can't wait! :D Edit: It's all the classies. That's awesome! Also would it be possible to hide buy orders and keep sell orders up and vice versa? Could that be added? Edit#2: I think the remove all is up as well! Just noticed didn't click it though!

• 3 weeks later...

Both are up, both are for all.

Can it be possible to implement 2 more buttons, 1 for hide all Buy Orders and one for all sell orders?

Can it be possible to implement 2 more buttons, 1 for hide all Buy Orders and one for all sell orders?

This would be awesome,

But first they need to fix the "My listings page" cause when you hide something it don't show there anymore :(

• 2 weeks later...

This would be awesome,

But first they need to fix the "My listings page" cause when you hide something it don't show there anymore :(

It's been implemented already thankfully. Yeah not too sure on that problem to be honest! Perhaps open an issue card?

• 3 weeks later...

I would actually quite like to see the inverse of 5 - let suggesters with a lot of prior experience and ergo high belts get a higher multiplier on what they can price / vote / comment on. It's irritating to me seeing a suggestion on a ~2000 key hat with errors, even if they're errors in like minis for 80 key hats, that I then know about and can't fix without adding the suggester, which is a hassle.

It's almost like you don't trust me you guys </3

• Like 1

I would actually quite like to see the inverse of 5 - let suggesters with a lot of prior experience and ergo high belts get a higher multiplier on what they can price / vote / comment on. It's irritating to me seeing a suggestion on a ~2000 key hat with errors, even if they're errors in like minis for 80 key hats, that I then know about and can't fix without adding the suggester, which is a hassle.

It's almost like you don't trust me you guys </3

lol, that, but I also just want a higher multiplier for voting and suggesting :l