Cash.tf

ksolis01

Are you okay mentally? Here I'll do the math for you since I'm not quite sure if you're educated or not.

Say you have a $300 unusual and want to sell it on marketplace.tf, if you sell it for $250 ya boi Geel gets a sweet $25. If there was an option for a premium subscription that would lower tax that costs $10 you would save money. If you would sell it with a 5% tax Geel would be making $12.50 + $10 = $22.50. This would save people money but he would rather take that juicy 10% cut over his consumer happiness.

but then again

hey

what do i know

EleGiggle.

:>

Clearly not much about the economics behind marketplace.tf

I got a name.http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheFeathershttps://www.dropbox.com/s/bvanwcdxqlsbhhg/Proof1.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ne0dfiftk15ufv/Proof2.png?dl=0

Edit: Steamrep for something more stablehttps://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FTheFeathers

My source says that this guy also offered to use opskins and marketplace. Will try to get names from this guy. Seems that feathers doesn't want any part of this. Will post the entire steam convo tomorrow from my source and try to see if the other person that lost unusuals can give any names.

Fuck the TheFeathers guys. Trying to act innocent but I got confirmation that he asked a second victim to use this website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byejn664ecxho1u/Confirmation.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exr2yudf936jqcw/Confirmation2.png?dl=0

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, February 22, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, February 22, 2017 - No reason given

Clearly not much about the economics behind marketplace.tf

Please, explain it to me daddy!

EleGiggle.

Please, explain it to me daddy!

EleGiggle.

Can you please stop derailing this thread? If you want to discuss marketplace, please create your own thread or discuss elsewhere.

Can you please stop derailing this thread? If you want to discuss marketplace, please create your own thread or discuss elsewhere.

EleGiggle what the fuck is this thread even about.

Are you okay mentally? Here I'll do the math for you since I'm not quite sure if you're educated or not.

Say you have a $300 unusual and want to sell it on marketplace.tf, if you sell it for $250 ya boi Geel gets a sweet $25. If there was an option for a premium subscription that would lower tax that costs $10 you would save money. If you would sell it with a 5% tax Geel would be making $12.50 + $10 = $22.50. This would save people money but he would rather take that juicy 10% cut over his consumer happiness.

but then again

hey

what do i know

EleGiggle.

:>

Thats sweet, he could also take a 1% tax per sale btw, or 0.1%, or free. Everyone would be happy (unless Geel of course).

To be honest, given your arrogance I expected something more elaborated.

Brand new website registered under a free GMail address.
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/cash.tf

As a rule of thumb, if you haven't heard of the website, don't deposit your items in it. If you still think it might be legit, at least check the domain registration information, and if you don't know what that means then ask someone you know and trust who does. The same people who used to hijack Steam accounts with phishing websites moved onto fake gambling and cashout sites (and malware plugins) after mobile authenticator became mandatory. That means sites like this, all run by the same group, are spammed endlessly.

And for the love of God, don't go trusting some website because a trader you never met suggests you sell your stuff on it.

How the hell are people falling for these scams so quickly

WHY would you not just sell on Marketplace? How do they even FIND these websites?

The scammer approaches them and that's where they first hear about the site.

Before mobile auth: Hey! Check out these free games/pictures of you/proof you're a scammer/other clickbait. **log into phishing website**

After mobile auth: Hey! Check out this safe website where you can cash out your items! Hey, I want to buy your items for real money, but I'm using credits on <fake cashout website>

They don't even have to promote, it's almost the same method, and (by a couple sources of intel) the exact same people, as the phishing websites.

Bargain.tf was not even close to the first (I had seen a couple dozen exactly like it before that Reddit thread), and will certainly not be the last.

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/scrap.tf

According to that website, scrap.tf is also not trustworthy :P

But yes, use marketplace.tf for cash trades and not a new sites that suspiciously does massive discounts on god tier hats without doing a withdraw 'because of technical issues'.

I'm still working on an idiot-proof way of explaining how to recognize these bogus sites, for people who don't know what it means to check a DNS registration. That's why we don't have an official guide up on SteamRep about it yet. Scamadviser isn't necessarily ideal, but it lists a lot of red flags these sites tend to carry, including anonymous registration information, hosted in Russia, and brand new website, in a way that less technical people can presumably understand. The concepts behind recognizing these are basically the same as recognizing throwaway Steam accounts (and frankly scam sites are just as plentiful) but try explaining domain registration to a 10-year-old in CS:GO who believes in "Steam admins" and doesn't know the difference between "Steam", "SteamRep", "Valve", "CSGO Lounge", and "CS:GO", beyond "I have to open this thing called STEAM to play CS:GO". It needs to be a bit simpler to understand.

For now, looking up sites in Scamadviser is the simplest way to recognize scam sites, because it spells out a lot of the warning flags for you. Either that, or follow the rule of thumb: "If I haven't heard of it before, it's not legit"

Also, Scrap.tf has 89%, which is significantly higher than most these other sites. I still wouldn't recommend relying on that arbitrary number or color though; just look at the warning signs and make a judgement call.

• Like 3

That's why you don't do cash trades kids. A friend just got scammed out of it not on the site just cash trade in general

So how do you propose cashing out of this economy then, kid? Fact is, people do it safely on a daily basis.  For some people, cash trades are bread and butter.  About your friend, would bet my entire backpack that he failed to educate himself or got greedy.  It always comes down to those two things, and most often a combination of both. 

The scammer approaches them and that's where they first hear about the site.

Before mobile auth: Hey! Check out these free games/pictures of you/proof you're a scammer/other clickbait. **log into phishing website**

After mobile auth: Hey! Check out this safe website where you can cash out your items! Hey, I want to buy your items for real money, but I'm using credits on <fake cashout website>

They don't even have to promote, it's almost the same method, and (by a couple sources of intel) the exact same people, as the phishing websites.

Bargain.tf was not even close to the first (I had seen a couple dozen exactly like it before that Reddit thread), and will certainly not be the last.

I'm still working on an idiot-proof way of explaining how to recognize these bogus sites, for people who don't know what it means to check a DNS registration. That's why we don't have an official guide up on SteamRep about it yet. Scamadviser isn't necessarily ideal, but it lists a lot of red flags these sites tend to carry, including anonymous registration information, hosted in Russia, and brand new website, in a way that less technical people can presumably understand. The concepts behind recognizing these are basically the same as recognizing throwaway Steam accounts (and frankly scam sites are just as plentiful) but try explaining domain registration to a 10-year-old in CS:GO who believes in "Steam admins" and doesn't know the difference between "Steam", "SteamRep", "Valve", "CSGO Lounge", and "CS:GO", beyond "I have to open this thing called STEAM to play CS:GO". It needs to be a bit simpler to understand.

For now, looking up sites in Scamadviser is the simplest way to recognize scam sites, because it spells out a lot of the warning flags for you. Either that, or follow the rule of thumb: "If I haven't heard of it before, it's not legit"

Also, Scrap.tf has 89%, which is significantly higher than most these other sites. I still wouldn't recommend relying on that arbitrary number or color though; just look at the warning signs and make a judgement call.

I don't think it needs to be that complicated.  Would be much easier for you guys just to maintain a list of vetted sites that aren't scam operations.  Should be fairly simple, since there's only one currently, Marketplace.tf.  If any other legit ones ever pop up, you'll hear about them very quickly, since the owners/operators will actively reach out to the community to advertise (like on this forum).  

I don't think it needs to be that complicated.  Would be much easier for you guys just to maintain a list of vetted sites that aren't scam operations.  Should be fairly simple, since there's only one currently, Marketplace.tf.  If any other legit ones ever pop up, you'll hear about them very quickly, since the owners/operators will actively reach out to the community to advertise (like on this forum).  

Shop.tf was also legit but they shut down.

Vetting sites is a nice idea. Not ideal, because we've historically taken a hands-off approach to avoid favoritism, but probably the easiest and most practical way to tell the public what's safe right now. It's something I've personally been working towards behind the scenes, but there's a bit more involved with the process. What if we endorse one who ends up going rogue, or perhaps gets their bots shut down for gambling?

Unfortunately, most of the cashout sites, especially in CSGO, are quite sketchy in their ownership and how they're run (without naming any). We'd love to work with some of them, and I've been trying to address these issues for over a year now, but their owners really aren't bothered by fraud as long as it lines their own pockets. Our talks are confidential, so unfortunately I can't go into further detail publicly, but these issues prevent us from endorsing certain sites as legit.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...