Unusual changing to "gifted" overnight ??

HAVOCISED

Is there some kind of glitch going on right now with bp.tf ?

I went in to re-post an unusual I have up for trade and noticed immediately that the origin has changed to "gifted".

My hat is not "gifted"

I then checked on the history and there is a new entry for yesterday (Feb.17")

When I got the hat it had a different paint on it, I removed that paint and applied a black paint to it almost immediately.

I assumed that was why there were two entries for me in the history. Now there is a third entry in the history and the hat origin has changed.

I refreshed the page a few times and it is still showing as "gifted"

I am concerned.

Can anyone help to shed some light on this for me ?

I am very confused.

The current item id (3rd instance of your name) appeared on oct 24, and has been tracking your hat since hence why the date is current. A new item id is given when an attribute of an item is changed including being traded or listed on scm. If you refreshed your bp.tf while painting it then there should be the 3 id's. You obtaining it, you removing the paint, and you adding the paint.

If your hat is from a keyless crate they are given the gifted tag. The gifted origin has no effect on the value, if someone tells you otherwise don't trade with them. Are you positive that it used to say origin found in crate?

Sometimes glitches just happen that cause it to have weird history like my waxy http://backpack.tf/item/5254480295 . There should be no reason the item id changed but it did

The current item id (3rd instance of your name) appeared on oct 24, and has been tracking your hat since hence why the date is current. A new item id is given when an attribute of an item is changed including being traded or listed on scm. If you refreshed your bp.tf while painting it then there should be the 3 id's. You obtaining it, you removing the paint, and you adding the paint.

If your hat is from a keyless crate they are given the gifted tag. The gifted origin has no effect on the value, if someone tells you otherwise don't trade with them. Are you positive that it used to say origin found in crate?

Sometimes glitches just happen that cause it to have weird history like my waxy http://backpack.tf/item/5254480295 . There should be no reason the item id changed but it did

I have to say that I am 99% sure that it had the origin as from a crate. It is something I always check when looking at the possibility of buying an unusual. That and the history to make sure that it isn't duped. I am willing to give the 1% but I suppose as long as it doesn't affect the value, then I am not concerned.

Thank you very much for the excellent information !

That's probably not a glitch, you must've hit "Adjust Effect"

The first time you do that, it changes the item ID.

I actually did not know this thanks :D. Like 99% sure you're right

Aah yes, I may have adjusted the effect. Thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated !