7 replies to this topic

#1 Vision

Vision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

In my 5 (including my old acc) I haven't spent a penny on steam,nor do I intend on doing so,I've gotten a $10 steam card by trading and redeemed it,and I still haven't spent anything,and I want to be able to use scm,but it says it requires a steam transaction,do microtransactions (tf2) count?Or do I simply have to buy a steam game to be able to use SCM?

#2 Mengh facepalms.

Mengh facepalms.

Let's make money.

• Donators
  • 965 posts
  • LocationNoita Col

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

To use the Steam Community Market, you'll have to buy a game from the Steam Store, I believe, or have added funds to your account. Micro-transactions from games like TF2 don't count. Once you've bought a game from there, you'll need to wait 30 days for the purchase to be credited as a valid purchase and then you can use the Steam Community Market.

• AFFIRMATIVE likes this

WgSqjIU.png

#3 Wokath

Wokath

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 212 posts
  • Youtube:Wokath
  • Twitch:Wokath
  • LocationTree

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

I paid for a brother hood of arms from the mann co store...

• The Oddball likes this

PONtHc9.png

#4 MrDeepDarkmind

MrDeepDarkmind

The Edgelord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Youtube:MrDeepDarkmindz

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

I paid for Skullgirls and Huniepop till found out that Huniepop was a puzzle game and not hentai. I just refunded it back
But just buy a cheap 50-99 cent game and your ready to go

#5 AFFIRMATIVE

AFFIRMATIVE

• Donators
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Like Mengh said, you have to purchase something worth $5 minimum from the steam store for all the features to be unlocked on your account, including the SCM. Likewise, there will be a 1 month cooldown before you can actually use the SCM.

Game microtransactions won't work, and you have to buy a game worth at least $5, there will be a price bar in your account details somewhere tracking how much you spent on the store, and after you spent $5 or more, you will have your steam account fully unlocked.

When you realize its not catnip

2cdesf8_th.jpg

#6 Erik

Erik

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationOn your screen, obviously.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

I once bought a Shred Alert for $7,49 in the Mann Co. Store

Took me a while to realize they cost 1 key (back then) on trading sites....

Also, yes you need to have Steam funds (obviously) and own a game. The SCM also requires a valid and up to date email address.

SIGNATURE

uh

#7 xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx

• Donators
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Micro-transactions from games like TF2 don't count.

They do. Deposit $5 -> Spend any amount in TF2 -> 30 Days to Market Access

Worked on my alt.

• phone likes this

#8 phone

phone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

To use the Steam Community Market, you'll have to buy a game from the Steam Store, I believe, or have added funds to your account. Micro-transactions from games like TF2 don't count. Once you've bought a game from there, you'll need to wait 30 days for the purchase to be credited as a valid purchase and then you can use the Steam Community Market.

If you're buying in-game items for the first time, it considers your premium upgrade as DLC thus counting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users