Realistic dream car? (under 50k USD)

Explosion-chan

I know I've posted a dream car thread already, but this time I'm posting a thread for a dream car that you could realistically own in your lifetime as a normal person. Recently I've had the urge to start working overtime so I can pay off my current car and work towards an affordable dream car. My choices would have to be between a 2005 Lotus Elise, 2002 Dodge Viper RT/10 or any C6 z06 corvette.

Lotus Elise

lotus-elise-2005-3.jpg

Dodge Viper

DODGEViperRT-10-1092_1.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

7000386533_c5afcc8a7f_b.jpg

Low expectations there, can find those under $3k usd here very easily

With a good hood? Those are hard to find, and parts are pretty expensive. They're solid cars but because they do require some work. And they eat through your wallet very fast because they're not very economical with fuel. Maybe not a deal in US where fuel is very cheap but it matters a lot here.

Also I have very low standards

• Like 2

With a good hood? Those are hard to find, and parts are pretty expensive. They're solid cars but because they do require some work. And they eat through your wallet very fast because they're not very economical with fuel. Maybe not a deal in US where fuel is very cheap but it matters a lot here.

Also I have very low standards

MX5 is pretty much the most ridiculously cheap sports car available in the US. Repairs are cheap here too.

God y'all dream cars are so weeb/anime/edgy cars 

this is a real man's car cadillac_v16_452_sport_phaeton_by_fleetw

1930 Cadillac V16 Topless Roadster (even no roadster is good)

Never was a fan of expensive fancy cars.

Evo Lancer 5 with LHD

It's a shame out of the thousands that were created only about 300 were LHD as they were made for special orders and contracts with Rally teams (something along those lines). But they do exist, so I just have to keep my eyes open.

Where I live, Evo 8, 9 and 10s are all you see. I have yet to see any Evo under 8 in person.

Red-Evo-18x9.jpg

ACR%20Evo%205-6%20Carbon%20rear%20Diffus

1967 GTO

1967-pontiac-gto-front-side-view.jpg?int

1967-pontiac-gto-quad-taillights.jpg?int

1968 Chevelle

I dislike the 70's front end, but love it's rear end. I dislike the 69's rear end, but love the front end.

The 68 in my mind is the perfect Chevelle.

sucp_0702_04_z%2B1968_chevrolet_chevelle

sucp_0702_05_z%2B1968_chevrolet_chevelle

1968-1972 Nova

Cheaper and lighter than the Chevelle. In my opinion I prefer the Nova over the Chevelle.

There is just something about it that pulls me towards buying it over the others.

sucp-1101-01+1969-chevy-nova-SS+right-fr

chevrolet-nova-1969-2.jpg

Or...

1969 Camaro

You see them in every classic car show you go to ever, but that doesn't mean I still wouldn't want one.

The earlier first generation Camaros do not catch my eye much. The 69 has the most aggressive look.

A lot of the Camaros you see from 69 usually have the stripes, the common muscle car wheels, etc. I prefer the copo look, it is very clean looking.

KTeiILF.jpg

XLEhZo8.jpg

I would also never buy any of the classics in good condition, as that is a major sin imo.

You have to purchase a classic in crap condition and put work into it to make it your own.

They are old pieces of history and they deserve to be used again instead of being left rotting outside or collecting dust. It's almost like a guitar hung on the wall for decoration, they're made to be played not be used as a flashy dust collector.

That has always been my plan and I come from a family of muscle car enthusiasts who have done the same.

For the Evo 5 though, I'd buy it in good condition and just work from there. There is no way I would ever want to restore a JDM.

They're already a pain enough working on with the very little room under the hood and also the expense for parts.

• Like 3

delorean dmc-12, even outside of back to the future i think it looks rad. 

Delorean-DMC-12-1981.jpg

That is a pretty iconic car right there. Just about anyone can recognize a Delorean a mile away from its shape, to the doors and especially the stainless steel. You do not really see them around much, as I have only seen about 3 in person, and they usually had a lot of people walking around it.

That is a pretty iconic car right there. Just about anyone can recognize a Delorean a mile away from its shape, to the doors and especially the stainless steel. You do not really see them around much, as I have only seen about 3 in person, and they usually had a lot of people walking around it.

Yeh, imagine they're pretty expensive to insure and keep running. But hey you have a time machine.

Yeh, imagine they're pretty expensive to insure and keep running. But hey you have a time machine.

Before garbage day you could just cram your neighbors garbage down into the fuel tank to try get free gas. Using garbage worked in the movie so it should work in real life. Can't be that expensive of a car to run when you're mooching free fuel from your neighbors.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale, awesome car with an awesome backstory.

xULgPn6.jpg

I would want others, but they are slightly out of the $50K budget.

• Like 2