Accents, Colloquials and Articulation

AlfieOmega

I'm an avid accent impersonator. To many like me, they simply find the right tone of voice and go from there. I want to take that many steps further.

To really embody the accent, I have to do many things. I must know the many slangs a native might use in their speech. I must know how they articulate words, I must know the hand gestures people would use; I want to sound and look (other than skin color or other country-specific features) indistinguishable from the native.

Please share many of the idiosyncrasies of the common person of your country or any of the slang they might use in common speech.

To learn a Dutch accent in either German or English, watch Louis van Gaal interviews. Besides good for learning accents they're also hilarious.

Der tod oder der gladiolen.

That is not very smart that can I say but the three points are inside

I live in MA, and nobody really says wicked, despite what some think
Ma = ? Massavhusets? And isn't wicked more of a upper class English thing anyway?

To learn a Dutch accent in either German or English, watch Louis van Gaal interviews. Besides good for learning accents they're also hilarious.

Der tod oder der gladiolen.

That is not very smart that can I say but the three points are inside

Ma = ? Massavhusets? And isn't wicked more of a upper class English thing anyway?

That can be me a sausage.